Gallup: Obama begins 2nd Year w/Highest Disapproval Ratings in Modern Era..

maybe ... but same approval rating as Reagan

:eusa_whistle:

In words of Lloyd Bentsen:

"I served with Ronald Reagan. I knew Ronald Reagan. Ronald Reagan was a friend of mine. Papa Obama, you're no Ronald Reagan.

Carter was higher at this point than Papa Obama- much better comparison

Many presidents do what they see as needing done, but is unpopular in the first part of their term. they then can 'suck up' to the electorate the rest of their term. (ok, might not be the best choice of words)
So far he isn't my favorite president, but it's too soon to say he will always be unpopular.
he could become the most popular president ever, or he could be the most unpopular, only time will tell.

"I served with Ronald Reagan. I knew Ronald Reagan. Ronald Reagan was a friend of mine. Papa Obama, you're no Ronald Reagan.

why a better comparison? because you wingnuts say so?

lol.. that's pretty funny.

Im laughing at how much the landscape has changed over just the last 13 months. As a conservative just 13 months ago, the outlook was sure bleak........by mid summer it was almost unbelievable, the rate of decline in the presidents job approval and here we get to the beginning of 2010 and conservatives are giddy with glee. And who'da thunk it?? Not me!! Democrats are waking up with huge skid marks in their shorts each and every day with every passing poll. Now, the lot of them in congress are jumping ship. Of course, the media is reporting stuff like, "Well, its been a touogh year for Dodd.........losing his best friend Ted Kennedy". Ummm..................and fAiL.........unless you got the political IQ of a battery terminal ground you know why these dolts are throwing in the towel!!

I just cant belive how much fun I have on the blogs these days as my gay MS Paint Photobucket factory is in overdrive these days chrning out classic after classic...........all at the expense of the k00ks who display epic meltdown behavior on every thread. The question is, why?? Well clearly, Hopey-Changey is being rejected by the American people, and how fcukking sweet is that???:funnyface:

Of course, the dolts on the left are fond of pointing out the similar situation Reagan was in, but there is a huge difference: Reagan embarked on an economic plan which generated massive growth................Obama the opposite. There will be not growth in the forseeable future and virtually zero reduction in unemployment #'s.

All means the coming months will be a hoot on here for conservatives............

Last edited:
Many presidents do what they see as needing done, but is unpopular in the first part of their term. they then can 'suck up' to the electorate the rest of their term. (ok, might not be the best choice of words)
So far he isn't my favorite president, but it's too soon to say he will always be unpopular.
he could become the most popular president ever, or he could be the most unpopular, only time will tell.

a 50% approval rating isn't "unpopular"

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

it's really getting boring watching the rightwingnuts lie like rugs.

No because left wing fisters know the comparison to Carter fits and it hurts :eusa_angel:

obamacarter.gif

see:
Obama, low in polls, Carter, smiling- won't be remembered as the pariah of Democratic Party

a 50% approval rating isn't "unpopular"

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

it's really getting boring watching the rightwingnuts lie like rugs.

I don't think these polls are really all that relavent, at least at this point.
This "wingnut" actually has high hopes for our president, and our country.
so there.

Gallup: Obama Begins 2nd Year w/Highest Disapproval Rating in Modern Era - Real Clear Politics – TIME.com

Gallup: Obama Begins 2nd Year w/Highest Disapproval Rating in Modern Era
Posted by Tom Bevan | Email This | Permalink | Email Author
According to Gallup's first full data set for 2010, Barack Obama starts his second year in office with the highest disapproval rating of any President since Eisenhower. Obama begins 2010 with 44% of the public disapproving of the job he's doing as president. That's four points higher than the next closest president (Reagan), six points higher than Bill Clinton, and 17 points higher than Jimmy Carter.

As you can see from Gallup's graphic below, Obama also begins his second year in office with the second worst job approval rating of any president in the last 56 years:

Second worst. Reagan only had a 49% approval rating, compared to Obama's 50% aproval rating.

Given the hate campaign by the wingnuts, it is surprising that President Obama's rating is that high.

Now if the economy recovers significantly by November, you may see a real pleasant surprise for President Obama and the Democrats.

Gallup: Obama Begins 2nd Year w/Highest Disapproval Rating in Modern*Era - Real Clear Politics – TIME.com

Gallup: Obama Begins 2nd Year w/Highest Disapproval Rating in Modern Era
Posted by Tom Bevan | Email This | Permalink | Email Author
According to Gallup's first full data set for 2010, Barack Obama starts his second year in office with the highest disapproval rating of any President since Eisenhower. Obama begins 2010 with 44% of the public disapproving of the job he's doing as president. That's four points higher than the next closest president (Reagan), six points higher than Bill Clinton, and 17 points higher than Jimmy Carter.

As you can see from Gallup's graphic below, Obama also begins his second year in office with the second worst job approval rating of any president in the last 56 years:

Second worst. Reagan only had a 49% approval rating, compared to Obama's 50% aproval rating.

Given the hate campaign by the wingnuts, it is surprising that President Obama's rating is that high.

Now if the economy recovers significantly by November, you may see a real pleasant surprise for President Obama and the Democrats.

yeah but the only economists with any optimism for the economy for this year are Moe, Larry and Curly!!!

three-stooges.jpg

Last edited:

He would have done well to think through that attempt at analogy, perhaps it wouldn't have come out exactly the opposite of what he was trying for.

Obama is the first president in American history who has an entire news organization dedicated to bringing him down.

Never has a political party gone as wacko, anti-America and dangerous as the current Republican Party. They would sacrifice the country to bring down a president who respected in half the US and world wide. They long for the "good old days" when Bush was sending our youth off to fight a senseless war and when the rest of the world saw us as more dangerous than al Qaeda. Well, Republicans are.

Approval numbers are overrated, and at this point have no correlation with re-election. Most important number is jobs, and thus far Obama's been disappointing and unfocused, but nowhere near as bad as the train wreck that preceded him.

Economy was much better in '94 than it was in '92, and it didn't do much for the Dems. It was soaring in '96, and Clinton actually got fewer electoral votes than he did in '92.

Obama is the first president in American history who has an entire news organization dedicated to bringing him down...

When you're right, you're right. But Bush was the first to have no less than four trying to bring him down.

The comparison is misleading. Although at this moment in his presidency, Obama's ratings might be lowest.... for this moment, Reagan, Ford, Bush Sr. and Clinton all reached lower approval ratings in their first year - all lower than Obama's has ever been.

Forum List

Back