Gallup: Looks like America is not as Gay as we thought it wa

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
U.S. Adults Estimate That 25% of Americans Are Gay or Lesbian

According to Gallup, and their Demographer, the population is somewhere between 3-10% homosexual. Thats more than Iran's 0%. BUT, Americans in their polls estimated that 1/4 (25% of people are gay). Broken down..........here is how "gay" the following groups estimated us to be:

How "gay" these groups guessed our population was:
Liberals: 27%, Cons: 20%
Democrats: 28% GOP: 20%
Income <30K: 36%, Income >75K 18%
Education High School or Less: 31%, Ed College Grad: 15%

So......

The more liberal you are, the more gay you think America is.
The more Democrat you lean, the more gay you think America is.
The less money you earn, the more gay you think America is.
The less educated you are, the more gay you think America is.

Interesting.

Now try the French.

Note: Every knows about Gay Paris. But only Americans know about Gay San Fransico

According to Gallup, and their Demographer, the population is somewhere between 3-10% homosexual. Thats more than Iran's 0%. BUT, Americans in their polls estimated that 1/4 (25% of people are gay). Broken down..........here is how "gay" the following groups estimated us to be:

So......

Interesting.

Such wishful thinking on your part....how many threads do you think it will take for your wish to come true?

So......

Interesting.

OK, I'll ask

How gay is America if you are a broke, uneducated liberal Democrat?

So......

Interesting.

Such wishful thinking on your part....how many threads do you think it will take for your wish to come true?

Where did I make a personal opinion or suggestion? I only posted the Gallup numbers and trends.

I'm analyzing the effect of this topic on the election. Meaning....poor, less educated and left leaning people will likely favor Obama on this, as they think more people are gay than there actually are. But interestingly, as I put on a thread, he lost -7 in the youth vote this week.

(JOKE)

I know that American women are all gay.

How do I know--well, each time I hit on one of them, they tell me they are a lesbian and not interested in men.

So......

Interesting.

OK, I'll ask

How gay is America if you are a broke, uneducated liberal Democrat?

Around 30%.

So......

Interesting.

Where did I make a personal opinion or suggestion? I only posted the Gallup numbers and trends.

I'm analyzing the effect of this topic on the election. Meaning....poor, less educated and left leaning people will likely favor Obama on this, as they think more people are gay than there actually are. But interestingly, as I put on a thread, he lost -7 in the youth vote this week.

OK, I'm sorry. Now...who forced you to create this thread? They are the ones I should be making the "wishful thinking" comments to.

(JOKE)

I know that American women are all gay.

How do I know--well, each time I hit on one of them, they tell me they are a lesbian and not interested in men.

I know that about 95% of men are gay.

How do I know? Well, each time I go into public, I have to fight off the women coming onto me. I can only assume it's because there aren't enough straight men to please them. I will take that burden onto my shoulders!:eusa_angel:

OK, I'm sorry. Now...who forced you to create this thread? They are the ones I should be making the "wishful thinking" comments to.

Obama and Joe Biden.

They opened a political pandoras box. This is a political forum, and so far this is the most costly mistake the sitting president has made. Discuss.

Are those the new rulez? We have to prove we've "been forced" before we can start a thread that annoys you?

25%! Yet some demographic results put it as around 4% The Gay Population - Gay Population Statistics In The United States

The reality is probably around 10%, which has been unchanged since there was mankind.

Fascinating article here:

Gay Britain: inside the ONS statistics

1.5% of the British population is gay, says the Office for National Statistics. See who lives where, how they are employed - and how likely they are to be smokers

The Guardian (liberal paper for those that might not know) has published these most interesting results which contradict the higher estimates in the past.

How many people are gay in Britain? It's a question which has vexed government and the tabloid press alike for some time. Estimates vary from around 5% to 7% (from a Treasury assessment before the civil partnership act in 2004) through to a much lower 2.2% from the latest British crime survey.

Well, today, the Office for National Statistics has published the most comprehensive breakdown on the question yet. It survey 238,206 people across Britain - dwarfing even the mighty British crime survey, which 'only' asks 22,995 people. In fact, the sample is slightly smaller, once you discount don't knows, refusals and non-responses - but still a large 247,623.

It's part of the ONS' Integrated Household Survey, which comes out once a year to a normally muted response, largely because it's buried on the terrible ONS website. The questioning involved showing people a card of options and asking them to indicate which category they fitted into. As a result, the ONS is highly confident about the results. Extrapolated nationally, they suggest a population of 726,000 gay, lesbian or bisexual people in the UK.

More at link including the Data Summary:

Gay Britain: inside the ONS statistics. As a spreadsheet and visualised | News | guardian.co.uk

Forum List

Back