GALLUP: "GOP lead unprecedented!!!"

Here's where your gneric ballot fails, skooks.

Take my home district. The D incumbent is a slimebucket who's been in DC as long as anybody can remember, corrupt and nepotistic as all hell. Even most of the Dems around here would love to get rid of him. BUT the guy the GOP picked to run against him is even worse. He had a few spins on the national talk shows a couple years back, sure. But he also owned a business that ripped a hell of a lot of people off and made him a lot of enemies in the western (conservative) 2/3 of the district, among other things. People remember. No matter how much they might, in theory, want to vote the D out, they're not voting for this particular R.

The GOP will pick up some seats, the opposition party always does. How many remains to be seen, probably not enough to gain control but you never know. But I wouldn't celebrate your landslide just yet based on generic ballot polls. The people involved matter.

Toomey: I’ve got a whole chapter in a book that I wrote that deals with how I think, one of the ways I think we could reform Social Security to make it viable. So I have provided great detail on that whole idea. That would be a very important start.

Of course, in Toomey’s book, the first subhead under the “Transforming Social Security” chapter is “Personal Accounts Lead to Personal Prosperity.” And it’s really no surprise, considering Toomey’s reaction to President George W. Bush’s privatization scheme. “I have been arguing for many years in favor of Social Security personal retirement accounts,” Toomey said at the time. “I’m thrilled that the President is taking up this critical issue.”

http://wonkroom.thinkprogress.org/2010/08/19/toomey-privatization/

Older voters don't understand that Republicans are salivating at the thought of privatizing Social Security and scamming people out of their life savings.

10's of thousands lost their life savings a few years ago in the Halliburton scandal. I think two people were convicted. We call those "scapegoats".

Bush went on to give Haliburton more than 20 billion in no bid contracts. Guess how much went to help those people duped out of their retirement?

Yet, it's those same people who vote Republican time and again.

When older white voters listen to Republican leaders say, "Dismantle Medicare and Medicaid", what they hear is, "Get that black guy out of the "WHITE" House."

Last edited by a moderator:
Speak for yourself. most of us get up off our asses and go out and work to provide for ourselves and our families, then we pay taxes and provide for those of you who are too damned lazy to get up off your asses and do for yourselves.
actually, i'd say he was pretty accurate
what he said wasnt in support of either party, but the truth

Except the part "we are all spoiled" becaue we are not all spoiled.

Some, however, are quite soiled.

Especially after the Restoring Honor Rally.

Hell, I betchya Gunny's still finding liberal member's panties it a twist all over the board.

60 odd days to go. Lots of things could happen.

The democrats have spent the last two years dissing the electorate. I don't see them changing their attitude that got them to the current place.

The important thing is that the Republicans remember how themselves from where they were to where they are, and not repeat the mistake.

I Am going to go out on a limb right now and predict the GOP picks up 75 Seats in the house and 11 seats in the Senate.

the 75 in the house would be the most ever in a off year election. Beating the Democrats gains in the 20's of 74 Seats.

If that happens it will be great for Obama.

The electorate will find out that the Republicans cannot deliver what they promise.

It is easy to be the critic but when in power and you must deliver it is much tougher.

The democrats found this out.

actually, i'd say he was pretty accurate
what he said wasnt in support of either party, but the truth

Except the part "we are all spoiled" becaue we are not all spoiled.
he wasnt saying everyone, but the ones he was talking about is true
there are those on all points of politics that only care about what groups get the benefit and not that the government shouldnt be doing it for EITHER group

I am capable of reading. He said. "We are all spoiled."

A new Gallup poll released Monday shows Republicans with a record 10-point edge over Democrats on the "generic ballot" test — the question of whether voters prefer a Democratic or Republican congressional candidate. It’s the largest GOP polling edge at this stage in the 68 years of the generic ballot poll, Politico first reported.

The news is so discouraging that an increasing number of Democratic strategists now say privately that they fear the House is already lost, Politico reports.

The Gallup poll, coming at the end of a brutal August for Democrats and President Barack Obama, reinforces the rapidly forming prevailing view that the horizon is as bleak for Democrats as it ever has been.

The 51-41 percent edge Republicans have now represents the largest Republican edge heading into a midterm election since the poll was first conducted in the 1942 election cycle, giving them greater reason for optimism than in the weeks leading up to their 1952 and 1994 House takeovers. It also represents a stunning reversal from the 6-point lead Democrats posted in the poll in mid-July.

"You have millions of Americans worried about the economy, jobs, deficits, their children's future, and we're out there talking about what - Bush, Iraq?" Chris Kofinis, a longtime Democratic strategist, told Politico. "Our message needs to be more positive, more hopeful, more focused, and we need talk to the economic reality of everyday Americans and their families. There is time to pivot, but we're just not there yet."

Gallup: GOP Has Largest Poll Lead Ever

I think the fat lady is starting to hum loudly--and I think I hear her whispering the U.S. Senate next--:lol:

The important thing is that the Republicans remember how themselves from where they were to where they are, and not repeat the mistake.

Stop talking with your mouth full.

:tongue:

The important thing is that republicans remember how they went from a large majority to a pathetic minority. And not repeat the mistake.

They have another opportunity to blow it. Lets home they let that opportunity pass them by.

Stop talking with your mouth full.

:tongue:

The important thing is that republicans remember how they went from a large majority to a pathetic minority. And not repeat the mistake.

They have another opportunity to blow it. Lets home they let that opportunity pass them by.

:clap2:

Who else cant wait for this miserable nut's show on election night????

340x.jpg

Ohhhhh..................its gonna be classic!!!

November 2, 2010--is going to be a great night. I'll be having my beer and popcorn--can't wait to watch the look on this nutcase's face--along with Criss Mathews and Rachael Maddow--:lol::lol:

Forum List

Back