Gallup Finds Unemployment Climbing To 9% In February...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Unemployment in the U.S. rose to nine percent in mid-February, up from 8.3 percent a month earlier, according to a new Gallup survey. The polling company said this suggests that it is “premature” to assume the economy will not feature prominently in the 2012 election season.

Gallup figures typically provide an indication of what the government will report at the end of the month.

“The U.S. unemployment rate, as measured by Gallup without seasonal adjustment, is 9.0% in mid-February,” Gallup said in its mid-month unemployment survey, released on February 17. “The mid-month reading normally reflects what the U.S. government reports for the entire month, and is up from 8.3% in mid-January.”

Gallup said the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) would likely report a rise in the official unemployment rate in early March, when it publishes its February figures.

Gallup’s mid-month figures are not seasonally adjusted, and so may not predict the official unemployment rate precisely. However, because Gallup and BLS both conduct their unemployment surveys at the same time – in the middle of the month – Gallup’s early figures can provide a barometer of where the official rate is likely headed...

The survey also found that “underemployment” – those unemployed and those working part-time because full-time jobs are unavailable – rose to 19 percent, up from the 18.7 percent Gallup found in January.

Read More:
Gallup Finds Unemployment Climbing to Nine Percent in February | CNSNews.com

They will have some sort of media event to cover it up. Here's where I got that idea. :

Hello 9% UR in Febuary - Page 4 - Political Forum

Foolardi is right. We also need to go into every story that mentions Obama and get into the comments section and make this known before they get a chance to do it. Immunize the people, do not let them be led like sheep to the slaughter.

I'm willing to wait for the BLS numbers to come out.

It will probably drop, then...

The interesting thing is, when you apply a "seasonally adjusted" calculation that nobody but the BLS people know how it is derived, then you can make the number say anything you want it to say...

The interesting thing is, when you apply a "seasonally adjusted" calculation that nobody but the BLS people know how it is derived, then you can make the number say anything you want it to say...

Yeah, the fix is in for Election Time. They'll continue to claim Unemployment is down right up to Election Day. This Administration especially, is well-known for cooking the books. It's sad.

Yeah, the fix is in for Election Time. They'll continue to claim Unemployment is down right up to Election Day. This Administration especially, is well-known for cooking the books. It's sad.

We have the means to fight. I know I will. Who will join me?

So, Republican supporters.....how is that whole tax breaks for the "job creators" thing working out so far?

It be pretty darn good if we had a tax breaks.

I don't see why it's difficult for you on the left to realize that when you vote not to allow taxes to increase, it's maintaining the status quo and not a tax break.

So, Republican supporters.....how is that whole tax breaks for the "job creators" thing working out so far?

It be pretty darn good if we had a tax breaks.

I don't see why it's difficult for you on the left to realize that when you vote not to allow taxes to increase, it's maintaining the status quo and not a tax break.

Actually, what happens is that taxes just go up somewhere else.

For instance, when they cut the Social Security contribution from 6% to 4%, temporarily, my state increased the income tax from 3% to 5%. "Temporarily" of course.

So is gallup to be trusted on the number, or aren't they?

Libocalypsenow is so0o0 confoozing

The Seasonal Adjustment is done using Census Bureau software, and the methodology etc is all publically published. And seasonal adjustment can affect the numbers up or down...there's no consistant pattern. Yes, there are sometimes issues with it (nothing is 100% accurate) but only a paranoid lunatic would think it's deliberate manipulation.

Seasonal Adjustment
X-12-ARIMA

So, just because you're ignorant on a topic, doesn't mean "nobody" knows how it's done.

Look at all these America hating assholes cheering an increase in unemployment from any source that will show an increase in unemployment.

But now that Gallup shows unemployment coming down, not one will post it and suddenly CON$ervative Christian Republican Gallup will become a Liberal.

Gallup Daily: U.S. Employment

C0110_Bob_Rohrman-5.jpg

History footnote will be.........."Not enough Hope and Change.............failure to lead............too much blaming others for policy fuck-ups.............effort to destroy capitalism failed"!!!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back