Gallup: All New Low For Obama

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Gallup released its latest polling data today showing Obama's approval numbers are now at an all time Gallup low of 44% approval and 48% dissaproval. This is a 7-point drop from December, and an astonishing 18-point drop from this time last year.

Polling is based upon a 3-day rolling average.

Perhaps an early indicator of the anti-Obama backlash that will be resulting due to the subpar response to the BP oil leak?
______

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

Last edited:
Can someone remind me why polls matter at this point? Republicans like Sinatra didn't care when Bush was pushing stuff through with a approval rating in the 20's.

Too bad consistency isn't Sinatra's speciality. :eusa_whistle:

Obama's approval level has been testing a bottom for months now. Whether or not Deep Water turns into The Gulf Held Hostage Day 100+ will determine if he breaks that level and heads lower. I'm betting that he does. Once the full horror of the ecological and economic damage sinks in, blaming BP and BOOOOOSSSHHHH will cease to be effective.

approval rating still at 47.5%... about where it's been since january

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

poor insane freak.

it must so suck being you... you huff, and you puff, and still his house doesn't blow in

despite all your hot air.

:cuckoo:

Spoken by one who huffs and puffs about Palin and she still makes millions

Pot, meet kettle.

i don't lie about palin... nor do i create thread after thread about palin.

my criticism is of people so stupid that they take her seriously.

oh... and buddy, no offense, i say this with no malice...

but next time i'll tell you where you can place comparing me to the clueless and classless O/P. ;)

Last edited:

poor insane freak.

it must so suck being you... you huff, and you puff, and still his house doesn't blow in

Gallup Poll was specified in the OP. Also looks like the lastest poll. Time will tell. Obama is firmly below 50% approval at this point. Question is, is this what all future Presidents have to look forward to or is this specific to Obama?

poor insane freak.

Gallup Poll was specified in the OP. Also looks like the lastest poll. Time will tell. Obama is firmly below 50% approval at this point. Question is, is this what all future Presidents have to look forward to or is this specific to Obama?

Obama still has 30 or so points on Bush...so why do you guys care so much?

poor insane freak.

he's been at around the same average poll numbers since january. these numbers are what reagan had at this point in his presidency... and about what clinton had at this point in his presidency... .clinton so much so that he made a speech saying he was still relevant.

It should be noted - for those who understand RCP - that RCP is most often a lagging indicator.

The current RCP average utilizes polling data that is weeks old.

The two most recent polls taken and reflected at RCP are Rasmussen and Gallup - both of which show Obama with greater dissaproval than approval figures. Rasmussen has him at -7 and Gallup at -4.

The last Gallup poll just prior to this latest one had Obama at +3. From +3 to -4 is a significant shift against Obama.

Question is, will this negative shift continue into the summer, and is the BP oil fiasco the root cause?

Or perhaps, it is not only the oil leak, but also growing concern/anger over rampant government spending and the deficit, for which Obama has played a very significant role in creating?

It should be noted - for those who understand RCP - that RCP is most often a lagging indicator.

The two most recent polls taken and reflected at RCP are Rasmussen and Gallup - both of which show Obama with greater dissaproval than approval figures. Rasmussen has him at -7 and Gallup at -4.

The last Gallup poll just prior to this latest one had Obama at +3. From +3 to -4 is a significant shift against Obama.

Question is, will this negative shift continue into the summer, and is the BP oil fiasco the root cause?

Or perhaps, it is not only the oil leak, but also growing concern/anger over rampant government spending and the deficit, for which Obama has played a very significant role in creating?

you're a compulsive liar aren't you?

Didn't Rasmussen have Rand Paul up over 20? I remember Sinatra posting such a thread. But I didn't see her post the later thread when his lead fell 18 points and reflected every other poll that was already at that level.

We've had nearly 18 months of Obamanomics to see what a failure it is.

Close to 10% unemployment, even after the stimulus and propping up with temp census jobs. The Obama Admin is talking about unemployment remaining high for quite some time after promising a peak of 8%. GDP growth anemic. Tax receipts below forecasts (this is why Congress refuses to pass a budget). Debt at 93% of GDP and growing. Foreclosures increasing. Bailouts for auto companies. No cap on bail outs for FM/FM. It all adds up to a very dismal picture.

poor insane freak.

he's been at around the same average poll numbers since january. these numbers are what reagan had at this point in his presidency... and about what clinton had at this point in his presidency... .clinton so much so that he made a speech saying he was still relevant.

I certainly expect the fall elections to be a better indicator of where Obama stands in approval. Again, some of it has to be midterms and the honeymoon is over effect. Polls do matter. It seems the ability of the President to accomplish his agenda is tied heavily to approval with the public.

Some more historical context - GW Bush had a Gallup average of 49% over the course of his presidency.

Obama's latest polling places him at -5% compared to the GW Bush average.

This summer - and Obama's attempts to revitalize his floundering White House in the wake of the BP oil spill and subpar federal response in protecting the shorelines of the region, will be the first real true test of the Obama presidency. He will either recover, or his polling numbers will push down into the 30s...
_______

Forum List

Back