Galleries?

What I don't understand is, if you are going to post pictures in a gallery, why would you set it so that only YOU can see it? Why bother uploading photos online at all if you aren't planning on sharing them with others and only you can look at them.

When I see it, I consider it a closed door as there are times when I don't even want my friends at my home. Or maybe the person just doesn't feel as secure with their photos being displayed at the moment.

As well, there is trolling, that might influence people's short and long term decisions.

Agreed, but then just don't post pictures online, right? :biggrin: I think the whole point of posting pictures online is to share them. Otherwise, just leave them on your computer and don't bother. That way you are guaranteed that no one else is going to see them.

I think the thing with galleries is you can choose to share them with the entire membership, or - just your "friends" (those you follow).

There are some really odd people about - so many don't feel comforfortable with sharing pictures of themselves with everyone. I can understand it and I've seen the sharing of pictures misused before.

Oh, I understand that too. I was mostly referring to the "just me" option. I was just thinking, well then why bother?

What I don't understand is, if you are going to post pictures in a gallery, why would you set it so that only YOU can see it? Why bother uploading photos online at all if you aren't planning on sharing them with others and only you can look at them.

When I see it, I consider it a closed door as there are times when I don't even want my friends at my home. Or maybe the person just doesn't feel as secure with their photos being displayed at the moment.

As well, there is trolling, that might influence people's short and long term decisions.

Agreed, but then just don't post pictures online, right? :biggrin: I think the whole point of posting pictures online is to share them. Otherwise, just leave them on your computer and don't bother. That way you are guaranteed that no one else is going to see them.

I think the thing with galleries is you can choose to share them with the entire membership, or - just your "friends" (those you follow).

There are some really odd people about - so many don't feel comforfortable with sharing pictures of themselves with everyone. I can understand it and I've seen the sharing of pictures misused before.

Oh, I understand that too. I was mostly referring to the "just me" option. I was just thinking, well then why bother?

ah....I see

Folks also use galleries to store images they like - like stuff for avatars etc. - sort of a reference center :)

ah....I see

Folks also use galleries to store images they like - like stuff for avatars etc. - sort of a reference center :)

Good point! I didn't even think of that! :)

I see, "Just Me" as, "Don't Share."

If I want to close my gallery for whatever reason, then I would use the "Just Me" option.

But as has been shown, there's likely many reasons for choosing that one.

You guys got me curious about galleries (don't have one yet) - ChrisL, your Fat Cat gallery is hysterically awesome :lol:

Guys, I just bought USMB off of ebay.

Sorry - all mods are demoted, except for CK - he will be traded for beer.

I will handle all mod duties - me and "The Mod-Bots."

Phew....I was getting all geared up to demonstrate for better pay.

What's the compensation package?

The chocolate goes with me.

Phew....I was getting all geared up to demonstrate for better pay.

What's the compensation package?

The chocolate goes with me.

Oh, right ... (scratches head) here's your watch:

$_35.JPG

And your severance pay:

ObamaDollarBill.gif

ObamaDollarBill.gif

ObamaDollarBill.gif

ObamaDollarBill.gif

ObamaDollarBill.gif

ObamaDollarBill.gif

Oh, and the chocolate STAYS.

:up_yours:

Because people do things differently and see things differently at different times.

:dunno:

Well to me, that's weird. If I didn't want anyone to see my pictures, I wouldn't post them online at all.
Maybe they ran out of storage space and are using it as storage?

Forum List

Back