Gainesville mayor: Richard Spencer is a 'terrorist leader'

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
I live in Gainesville. He came, and as expected the kids here threw a fit. They fail to realize that by showing up and making a scene they gave this man exactly what he was looking for. Imagine if nobody had shown up at all, maybe other than a few of his idiot supporters. He would have come out and realized "Oh, nobody cares about my stupidity." That's how you send a message to people like that. I guess people can't pass up an opportunity to be outraged though.

Gainesville, Fla., Mayor Lauren Po (D) called white nationalist Richard Spencer a "terrorist leader."

“There’s no question that he is a terrorist leader and that his followers look to commit acts of terror to disrupt our community,” Poe said during an interview with HuffPost on Thursday.

“And we know that because they’ve told us that,” he continued. “These are not my impressions of what they might be doing, it’s clear they look to descend upon communities, harm people and then leave, and those are the acts of terrorists.”

Spencer is scheduled to give a speech Thursday at the University of Florida's Gainesville campus.

Last edited:
I live in Lake City, Florida, now and I got my JD from the University of Florida. I thought things went off well compared to similar events in other cities. Thanks to Governor Scott for the extreme security measures he took.

So sad Democrat douchebags take talking points from Soros and other neocon devils!

I live in Gainesville. He came, and as expected the kids here threw a fit. They fail to realize that by showing up and making a scene they gave this man exactly what he was looking for. Imagine if nobody had shown up at all, maybe other than a few of his idiot supporters. He would have come out and realized "Oh, nobody cares about my stupidity." That's how you send a message to people like that. I guess people can't pass up an opportunity to be outraged though.

Gainesville, Fla., Mayor Lauren Po (D) called white nationalist Richard Spencer a "terrorist leader."

“There’s no question that he is a terrorist leader and that his followers look to commit acts of terror to disrupt our community,” Poe said during an interview with HuffPost on Thursday.

“And we know that because they’ve told us that,” he continued. “These are not my impressions of what they might be doing, it’s clear they look to descend upon communities, harm people and then leave, and those are the acts of terrorists.”

Spencer is scheduled to give a speech Thursday at the University of Florida's Gainesville campus.
Richard Spencer is no terrorist, however, he is a white supremacist douchebag. These crappy human beings have been around this nation and voting in "all" elections, local and national, for a couple of hundred years. While they claim their support for Trump, Trump has, on multiple occasions, disavowed these individuals and has no respect for them.
If you speak out against them, so too should you speak out against those 3 out of 4 mosques in the US that preach hate speech towards anyone that isn't a practicing Muslim. Hatred is hatred and in the case of religion, it tends to hold a special sway over individuals thinking and pushes them towards the oppression, persecution, imprisonment and even murder of those not of their religion, or considered religious enough in their minds.

Forum List

Back