Gabby Giffords

What I am most amazed about here is the unwillingness to address honest questions. I suppose I shouldn't be. But I've always been convinced that Thomas Jefferson is correct:

“Question with boldness even the existence of God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear”

If we should honestly question anything, what is wrong with questioning the premises here? Is it because she was shot? I dont think being shot necessarily makes you any more inspiring or establishing how much you've supposedly done for us all. It seems like a cheap emotional reaction when people cant answer honest questions.

I really don't understand what sort of answer you are looking for...???

People on her side of the political aisle were certainly inspired by her political causes, just as anyone may simply be inspired by their chosen representative in Congress.

Now, I understand you you are not on the same side of that political aisle, so you weren't at all inspired by her mere existence, but certainly you can comprehend that once she got shot in the head, her miraculous recovery instantly became an inspirational story which supersedes politics and partisanship altogether...

What I am most amazed about here is the unwillingness to address honest questions. I suppose I shouldn't be. But I've always been convinced that Thomas Jefferson is correct:

“Question with boldness even the existence of God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear”

If we should honestly question anything, what is wrong with questioning the premises here? Is it because she was shot? I dont think being shot necessarily makes you any more inspiring or establishing how much you've supposedly done for us all. It seems like a cheap emotional reaction when people cant answer honest questions.

People on her side of the political aisle were certainly inspired by her political causes, just as anyone may simply be inspired by their chosen representative in Congress.

Now, I understand you you are not on the same side of that political aisle, so you weren't at all inspired by her mere existence, but certainly you can comprehend that once she got shot in the head, her miraculous recovery instantly became an inspirational story which supersedes politics and partisanship altogether...

The truth. That's all Ive ever wanted. But they wouldnt even explain their own opinions on the matter. Im told that she has done such great things for us. I asked what those things were and I got nothing. I was told she was an inspiration to us all. Im not inspired by her. Asked what inspired people and they wouldnt answer.

I dont think it's wrong to ask questions. I just dont understand this mentality where asking questions is somehow evil. Now that you've mentioned why you think it's inspiring, I can see that. I do agree that it is inspiring to see God's hand in healing people.

But just because her recovery is inspiring, doesnt necessarily mean she herself is. She may be. I dont see it. She is just someone I am sorry got hurt by a lunatic. I dont see anything that she has done that has changed my life. Her recovery hasnt changed my life. It hasnt significantly affected the community.

I honestly didnt think we would have people flipping out because I asked a simple question.

The truth. That's all Ive ever wanted. But they wouldnt even explain their own opinions on the matter. Im told that she has done such great things for us. I asked what those things were and I got nothing. I was told she was an inspiration to us all. Im not inspired by her. Asked what inspired people and they wouldnt answer.

I dont think it's wrong to ask questions. I just dont understand this mentality where asking questions is somehow evil. Now that you've mentioned why you think it's inspiring, I can see that. I do agree that it is inspiring to see God's hand in healing people.

But just because her recovery is inspiring, doesnt necessarily mean she herself is. She may be. I dont see it. She is just someone I am sorry got hurt by a lunatic. I dont see anything that she has done that has changed my life. Her recovery hasnt changed my life. It hasnt significantly affected the community.

I honestly didnt think we would have people flipping out because I asked a simple question.

You really should watch those clips I posted last night because she is not just healing and recovering... Her strong determination and optimistic spirit are indeed inspiring.

Watching Gabby and her husband on that Diane Sawyer special literally brought me to tears, and I had never seen her speak before and barely ever heard of her... I think people jumped on you last night because it's emotional and inspiring to see her walk across that stage and give the pledge of allegiance, and you're coming across as pretty cold and partisan asking what's so great about her just because she got shot...

Link.

You won't have it because don't have it.

You make silly ass libertarian stupid statements.

That's all you do, as a tacky imitation of Oddball.

What strides have been made as the result of government spending?

Try listing just one.

I just did you fucking idiot. Trauma medicine. I've got dozens more, but lets see you piss on our fighting forces. Tell them that government investment in this critical research hasn't created strides.

You said "strides in trauma medicine," imbecile. That implies a series of discreet improvements. So far as I know, government hasn't invested a dime in researching treatment for trauma. All the improvements are the result of experience in the field.

You obviously can't list any of these "strides in trauma prevention" either.

Link.

You said "strides in trauma medicine," imbecile. That implies a series of discreet improvements. So far as I know, government hasn't invested a dime in researching treatment for trauma. All the improvements are the result of experience in the field.

Libertarians have this denseness in that part of the brain that normally processes all the information. Anything they don't like, just bounces off.

The information has been explained and sourced above.

That you have been proven wrong but you disagree doesn't change that your wrong.

You obviously can't list any of these "strides in trauma prevention" either.

Link.

Forum List

Back