Gabby Gifford

Then the right wing terrorist who shot her would be closer to getting his way.... better chance for a Republican to win the seat.

Rightwing terrorist? Does all of Spain raise buffoons such as yourself, or are you just a nut?

Here's a whole can of them...

Planters_Redskin_Spanish_Peanuts.jpg

Let the voters decide.
Her story is nothing short of miraculous.
Go Gabby!!! :clap2:

I watched her special on 20/20 I guess she has to decide by May if she is well enough to run. I am really pulling for her. I know she is not a rep but I really hope she gets her miracle and she is well enough to run in May. She has come a long way.:clap2: Her husband is fantastic he took his vows like your supposed too. In sickness and in health.

I agree with you about the faithful husband. May he be a role model for all husbands!

Gifford demonstrated just how hard and demanding the job of a good elected official is. I would hope she thinks about her health and how effective she could be before she thinks of running again this soon. I think her district deserves a full time representative who can meet the demands of the office.

She won't have any difficulty taking her office back in elections tons to come after she is well. She should have given up the post before this time.

Let the voters decide.

You are placing her personal wishes above the right of the voters to have effective leader. Her story is nothing short of a miracle, but that doesn't mean she can yet do the job. I believe you are mixing emotions for the well being of her to the respect of her constituents.

Let the voters decide.

You are placing her personal wishes above the right of the voters to have effective leader. Her story is nothing short of a miracle, but that doesn't mean she can yet do the job. I believe you are mixing emotions for the well being of her to the respect of her constituents.
No I'm not. If I said, "I think she should be allowed to come back no matter what" then you'd have a leg to stand on.

However, I started my statement with "Let the VOTERS decide."

That's all that matters really. Not what I say, think or feel.

There are no laws that states that a candidate needs to have a certain IQ or mental capacity.

We are a nation of laws still...right?

Let the voters decide.

No I'm not. If I said, "I think she should be allowed to come back no matter what" then you'd have a leg to stand on.

There are no laws that states that a candidate needs to have a certain IQ or mental capacity.

Absolutely, that is right. But, when voters think with their hearts and not their brains, they get the representation they deserve. Read the following article and reflect if this is the candidate that can offer the most for the constituents.

I have a great deal of respect for Giffords, just for her willpower to fight adversity. But, in my mind, a rational being, that is the full time job in her personal life.

I would not respect nearly as much iof she decided to run again. That tells me the ego or benefits were more important to her than the constituents. Perhaps we should put her office personnel on the ballot, for they are most likely making the decisions, not her.

Gabby Giffords' Rosy Recovery Needs Reality Check, Say Experts

"
It's still early on and I think there is still reason to be optimistic overall," Greenwald said. "But being able to speak again and rejoining Congress are two different issues."
Page 2: Gabby Giffords' Recovery Looks Rosy, But Experts Say We All Need a Reality Check - ABC News

My beef is that many Dems have no opponent running against them in the primary's
Giffords had no opponent, as a Dem you voted for her or you left the thing blank.
Same with Obama, no real good opponent to vote for.
What kind of representation is that, with no one running against the incumbent?
What kind of choice is this? Vote for her, vote for the repub, or don't vote at all.

I'm very happy that she is doing so well, but we have had no representation for the whole year.

If she decides to run again by or before May, will we Dems have the same thing again? Just her to vote for in November of 2012?
I find this a very disturbing trend in the party,

Last edited:

Absolutely, that is right. But, when voters think with their hearts and not their brains, they get the representation they deserve. Read the following article and reflect if this is the candidate that can offer the most for the constituents.

I have a great deal of respect for Giffords, just for her willpower to fight adversity. But, in my mind, a rational being, that is the full time job in her personal life.

I would not respect nearly as much iof she decided to run again. That tells me the ego or benefits were more important to her than the constituents. Perhaps we should put her office personnel on the ballot, for they are most likely making the decisions, not her.

"
It's still early on and I think there is still reason to be optimistic overall," Greenwald said. "But being able to speak again and rejoining Congress are two different issues."
Page 2: Gabby Giffords' Recovery Looks Rosy, But Experts Say We All Need a Reality Check - ABC News
I agree with your point. However, I believe there are already people in Congress that are already mentally incapacitated, either by choice or by circumstance or by environment. You got paid shills working for the Kochs, and such. I don't find those people to be what's best for the constituents either, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. So having one that's a bit slow on the uptake, for lack of a better phrase isn't so bad or different in the entire spectrum of things.

I'd respect and admire her decision either way she goes. No difference in my book. I'm curious to see what the People have to say.

Last edited:

"
I agree with your point. However, I believe there are already people in Congress that are already mentally incapacitated, either by choice or by circumstance or by environment. You got paid shills working for the Kochs, and such. I don't find those people to be what's best for the constituents either, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. So having one that's a bit slow on the uptake, for lack of a better phrase isn't so bad or different in the entire spectrum of things.

I'd respect and admire her decision either way she goes. No difference in my book. I'm curious to see what the People have to say.

I would be interested in seeing what the people have to say also. And you are quite right, there are others in Congress that are mentally incapacitated! But we shouldn't add to it.

I would really respect her if she decided against running at this time if she isn't in top notch shape for the demanding role.

Jared Lee Loughner a Registered Independent; Didn't Vote in 2010 - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

For what it's worth, the Washington Post reports that 22-year-old alleged Tucson shooter Jared Lee Loughner is a registered independent.

Six people were left dead and 14 injured, including Democratic Rep. Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona, after a gunman believed to have been Loughner open fired at town hall-style meeting on Saturday at a grocery store in Tucson, Ariz.

Though the evidence seems to indicate Loughner lacks a fixed ideology (outside of anti-government sentiment) and may be mentally unstable, many have drawn conclusions about his political leanings. Some have cast him as a conservative and blamed Sarah Palin and Tea Party influences for his actions, while others have cast him as a "lunatic liberal."

Loughner himself isn't talking. But the record shows that he registered as an independent in 2006, according to the Pima County Registrar of Voters, and did not vote in 2010.

Bryce Tierney, a friend of Loughner's, told Mother Jones magazine that Loughner doesn't have any specific political or ideological bent. "It wasn't like he was in a certain party or went to rallies," he said. "It's not like he'd go on political rants."

lets never forget the atmosphere that got her shot in the head.

Never again should violent speech be allowed into our political discourse.

She got shot by a very sick young man. It had nothing to do with the political discourse in our country.

Edit: some people on the left shamelessly view this as an opportunity to shut the opposition up.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back