G5000's 5 Point Plan For Economic Prosperity And Better Cable Reception

Who is going to hire all these 65 year olds that can't retire?

Are they unemployed? No. They just stay on the job until they are 70.

When life expectancy finally exceeded 35, did someone ask, "Who is going to hire all these 40 year olds?"

A 65 year old of today is not the decrepit geezer of yesteryear.

Just ask Hillary Clinton.

Last edited:

When life expectancy finally exceeded 35, did someone ask, "Who is going to hire all these 40 year olds?"

Yeah, but that's not what happens in the business world, does it? What does happen is the 50+ year old gets laid off and the company hires some young gun to replace them.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4473068...obless-workers-struggle-age-bias-claims-rise/

Last edited:

Yeah, but that's not what happens in the business world, does it? What does happen is the 50+ year old gets laid off and the company hires some young gun to replace them.

Older jobless workers face age bias - Business - Careers | NBC News

A newbee is hired because you don't have to pay him as much as the guy who has a lot of seniority.

But we are living in exceptional times. That is not the norm. We had full employment until the crash.

Last edited:

We are living in exceptional times. That is not the norm. We had full employment until the crash.

Even before the crash you heard of companies laying off the old folks. It's not unique to the current economy.

And what about the next crash?

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/25/opinion/matloff-hp-layoffs/index.html

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=7042634

Before the crash.

http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/agediscrim.htm

We are living in exceptional times. That is not the norm. We had full employment until the crash.

Even before the crash you heard of companies laying off the old folks. It's not unique to the current economy.

And what about the next crash?

Get used to a life of layoffs - CNN.com

Unemployment: Companies Cut Pricey Older Workers - ABC News

Before the crash.

Nearing Age 50 Or Retirement? Watch Out For Age Discrimination

Your link says people over 50 are being discriminated against. They provide very soft correlation-as-proof-of-causation evidence.

That is a problem entirely unrelated to the current retirement age of 65.

We cannot live longer and expect not to have to work longer. That is unsustainable.

Before Social Security, there was no retirement age. You worked until you died with your boots on. Was there age discrimination then?

The cause of higher unemployment among the over-50 crowd is something else, not the retirement age.

The very first paragraph:

The threat of age discrimination against American workers seems to peak about age 50 and then again when workers near retirement age, according to a new study of validated discrimination claims.

So raise the retirement age and the "discrimination" will rise with it.

And I thought I was an optimist.

:D

This beats the shit out of trying to win solely by always attacking the other guy.

Winning is achieved by leadership and superior ideas. Not by whining and attacking all the time.

The only comment I'll make if it hasn't been made already is this. If the average age of life expectancy is 78 and the retirement age is raised to 70. On average, after a lifetime of hard work a person only gets 8 years before dropping dead.

In that case give me back all I paid in and I'll take my chances on my own.

The only comment I'll make if it hasn't been made already is this. If the average age of life expectancy is 78 and the retirement age is raised to 70. On average, after a lifetime of hard work a person only gets 8 years before dropping dead.

In that case give me back all I paid in and I'll take my chances on my own.

When Social Security was enacted, life expectancy was 60. So you would drop dead five years before you could collect. That's why it was called Social Security Insurance. It was not an entitlement. It was intended to support you if you beat the odds.

So I am being generous by letting you collect for eight years. :D

But on the serious side, that is why I left the option open to index SS to a percentage of the population (6 percent) rather than life expectancy.

Good plan! Though what is the end goal for Social Security? Are we to keep it and continue to adjust it in the future?

If you agree to keep it in the future then you agree that it is the governments role to take care of us and you concede that the free market needs government intervention.

Though I agree we can not rip it away. We do need a plan to slowly phase it out along with Medicare, and Medicaid. You have made some good proposals for a "first step" but be clear on your end goal.

Our Country's financial and monterey systems are a mess. The regulations you proposed are logical but you missed the heart of our problem. Our money!
Our monetary system is a debt system. Every dollar is tied to a debt. The FED is in control of our money supply and manipulates it thus creating these "bubbles and recessions" by adjusting the interest rate. They are the direct cause for the Great Depression and the 2008 recession.
The FED needs to go! And the power to create our own money should be given back to the people....aka the department of treasury. Then we can issue our own currency and control it's quantity. Debt free.
Which bring me to the banking practice of fractal reserve Lending. This needs to go! Banks should not be allowed to create money from nothing and charge interest for it.

As you put it. There are my balls....go ahead and kick them.

"allow big business to fail"

Sounds great, love the concept. However when I read about the bailouts, 2 issues keep poping up.

1) too big to fail

If the collapse of one company can cause a catastrophic economic issue, how can we not intercede?

By simply not interceding. Nothing creates & perpetuates failure like artificially propping up failure. Getting a bad company out of the economy will only strengthen the economy. Why can't liberals comprehend this very basic reality?

2) unfair foriegn advantage

Can our big companies compete globally if our competitors are backed by their governments, but ours aren't?

Why do U.S. companies need to "compete globally"? That's just a liberal code-word for "lets have the government control everything". Few people know how to make money like Warren Buffet and he made a very profound statement not too long ago. He said, "money flows towards opportunity". That's why the world used to invest in our markets and not the former U.S.S.R. Why do you think nobody invests in Cuba? Because there are no opportunities. Everything is calculated and controlled by Castro. It's all predetermined. IE no opportunity.

You want our "big companies to compete globally"? Get government completely out of the free market (where it doesn't belong). Lower taxes so that making a profit is rewarded instead of punished. And don't bail them out if they fail - EVER. It will force them to think thoroughly and act responsibly if they know there is no golden parachute to bail them out.

See above...

My 2 point plan -

1: Don't vote Democrat

2: Don't vote Republican

3: Don't be a child and cut off your own nose to spite your face. If Ron Paul loses in the primary, accept that and vote for the better of the two remaining choices. There is nothing more irresponsible than a sore loser who intentionally sabotages their own nations elections in some absurd form of an adult tantrum

Most problems solved, sadly most of our population is overly educated but politically inferior.

I agree with this, but I think one critical point needed to be added above

My 2 point plan -

3: Don't be a child and cut off your own nose to spite your face. If Ron Paul loses in the primary, accept that and vote for the better of the two remaining choices. There is nothing more irresponsible than a sore loser who intentionally sabotages their own nations elections in some absurd form of an adult tantrum

Most problems solved, sadly most of our population is overly educated but politically inferior.

Well that right there is the problem. The remaining two choices often suck ... six of one, half a dozen of the other; two peas, one pod; one coin, two sides. I could on go and on.

My 2 point plan -

Well that right there is the problem. The remaining two choices often suck ... six of one, half a dozen of the other; two peas, one pod; one coin, two sides. I could on go and on.

No, people like you are the problem. If the "remaining two suck" it's because people like you elect the proper candidate in the primary.

Wasting your vote to show the world you are mad is like a child throwing themselves in the ground to show the world they are mad. Ron Paul supporters are the biggest fucking babies I have ever seen. Not even libtards act so juvenile when their guy loses.

If the remaining two suck, then you vote for the one who sucks the LEAST and you start working for a better candidate at the next election. The worst part is, it's the Ron Paul supporters who whail and cry the loudest about people like Obama... :cuckoo:

New Topics

Forum List

Back