G.I. Joe: Sock-Hop Diary (Christian Sermon)

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Does patriotism inspire you to think of romance?

This fable was inspired by Biloxi Blues.

Cheers (signing off),

cobra24.jpg

====

A comic book fan-fic writer who wrote about new age superheroes and crusaders such as Captain America and Snake-Eyes and old world deities such as Medusa and Perseus was secretly a member of the paramilitary crusader team known as G.I. Joes (employed by the CIA). This writer/soldier, named Ajay Satan, went by the code-name 'Snake-Eyes' (since he loved the comic book character of the same name). As the G.I. Joes prepared for a special sock-hop dance on Halloween where the men had to choose the women as dates and women could choose men as well, Ajay/Snake-Eyes was unsure about which woman he should choose, since he was not attracted to the female soldiers of G.I. Joe. It was a real dilemma.

ajay1.jpg

Ajay/Snake-Eyes had done a lot of good work through the years, and many considered him a real American hero. Ajay/Snake-Eyes was terrific at infiltration and sharp-shooting and computer programming/hacking, explosives, knife-combat, and tactical invasions. He also wore terrific masks and gear. In other words, he was a real 'good husband candidate' but like I explained before, he wasn't attracted to the female soldiers/agents of G.I. Joe. Ajay/Snake-Eyes was taking stock of his life as a soldier/crusader. He even made some patriotic comic strips/fan-fics in honor of his career.

cobra3.jpg

Don't get me wrong. The female soldiers/agents of G.I. Joe were extremely attractive. They were also very cool. They were strong in combat and great in romance and life. They even had cute/fancy names like Baroness and Lady-Jaye. However, Snake-Eyes (Ajay) didn't find them completely desirable candidates for the upcoming G.I. Joe Halloween Sock-Hop Dance. He did however consider asking Baroness (a black-leather clad sniper) to the dance.

cobra6.jpg

Unfortunately, Baroness was going with a soldier named Reptile, and the other G.I. Joe women were also fast-acquiring their dates for the symbolic sock-hop dance. What would Ajay do? He began to panic. He didn't want to appear as if he didn't care about the dance. He even made a special comic strip/fan-fic about the women of G.I. Joe.

cobra7.jpg

Finally, Ajay (Snake-Eyes) resolved to hop on a bus with his special bulletproof vest and begin touring around San Francisco on a passenger-transit bus, looking for the right pedestrian/civilian woman to ask to the G.I. Joe Halloween Sock-Hop Dance. Ajay took his mask off and toured all around San Francisco, convinced he'd find the right woman/date and persuade his G.I. Joe Commander (Duke) that his civilian-date was permitted to attend the dance as a 'special diplomatic guest.'

cobra18.jpg

Snake-Eyes (Ajay) had a thing for school-teachers and artists. He decided he'd try to find a woman in San Francisco who was a school-teacher or an artist. Such a woman would complement his own interests in art, social life, creativity, and basic optimism. Who would this special date be(?), Snake-Eyes wondered.

cobra9.jpg

Ajay met a beautiful stewardess named Elsa at an ice-cream shop, but she wasn't the right date. She was a tad too picky about what flavor of ice cream she liked, and Ajay thought she'd come off as too 'dramatic' at the G.I. Joe Halloween Sock-Hop Dance. Nevertheless, he never forgot Elsa or her incredible white-dyed hair.

cobra15.jpg

Ajay (Snake-Eyes) then met a very intelligent and attractive school-teacher named Sandy who was preparing for a special California conference about women in education. Sandy was voluptuous, smart, sweet, and charming. She had all the features that appealed to Ajay (Snake-Eyes), and this seemed to be the right woman to ask to the sock-hop dance. Unfortunately, Sandy was married.

cobra10.jpg

At long last, Snake-Eyes found the right woman. Fara, a gifted sculptor, was working in a public art studio on Haight-Ashbury, and Snake-Eyes was immediately drawn to her. He approached her and told her who he was and that he wanted her to be his 'special diplomatic guest' and date to the G.I. Joe Halloween Sock-Hop Dance. Fara's sculpture-studio teacher made a strange joke to him, "Forget it, soldier; Fara's a ghost." Snake-Eyes (Ajay) didn't understand the joke really and wanted to ask Fara, and she accepted his offer. He bought her an incredible gold Indian sari to wear to the sock-hop dance.

cobra12.jpg

Ajay also bought Fara a very nice painting of a vase-with-flowers for her home. They began dating and instantly fell in love and he asked her to marry him. Fara was his date to the sock-hop dance. When Ajay arrived at the dance, everyone was shocked he had found such a gorgeous woman to bring to the dance, and Fara looked lovely, and Snake-Eyes (Ajay) never left her side. Ajay's G.I. Joe pals told him that they thought Fara was both attractive and charming.

cobra21.jpg

Meanwhile, the other men of G.I. Joe took their expected dates, the women of G.I. Joe. The entire unit/team was really a symbol of American patriotism, so their outfits to the sock-hop dance were very bright. The dance went very well, and everyone remarked that Snake-Eyes and Fara made a perfect couple and welcomed her as a 'diplomatic guest.'

cobra19.jpg

Ajay decided to make a special comic strip/fan-fic about a female eco-terrorist named Pamela who was a pseudo-soldier but also an artist. In the fan-fic, Ajay suggested that there are special/strange 'qualities' in women that may appeal either to soldiers or to poets; for soldiers who were poets, finding the right woman might be more 'tricky.' Ajay's G.I. Joe pals loved his comic strip. Ajay learned a lot about love...and honor.

cobra14.jpg

SNAKE-EYES: Fara had a real nice time at the sock-hop, Commander!
DUKE: Great. She'll make a good wife for you, Ajay...
SNAKE-EYES: She's a Catholic, just like me.
DUKE: Wonderful.
SNAKE-EYES: I think I'm retiring soon, settling down.
DUKE: Where will you live (with Fara)?
SNAKE-EYES: Somewhere in Napa.
DUKE: Are you going to keep writing fan-fics?
SNAKE-EYES: Nah, I might consider amateur painting.
DUKE: Isn't Fara an artist?
SNAKE-EYES: Yeah, she's a sculptor; she'd terrific!
DUKE: The Bible says, "wife provides man with no need of spoil!"
SNAKE-EYES: The spoils-of-war comprise the hell of politics.
DUKE: Love will save the day, Ajay!
SNAKE-EYES: It's been a real honor working with you, Duke.
DUKE: Keep reading your Bible.

====

Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil. She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life. Proverbs 31 (KJV Bible)

:5_1_12024:

cobra22.jpg

Forum List

Back