G*ddammit Moments

Needless to say, my most &^$^%$^) moment was two months ago, when my powder room sprung a shower, of toilet water from upstairs!
censored-103.gif

Needless to say, my most &^$^%$^) moment was two months ago, when my powder room sprung a shower, of toilet water from upstairs!
censored-103.gif

Ooh, I remember you posting about that. And the aftermath. I'd have been cursing a blue streak too.

censored-103.gif

Ooh, I remember you posting about that. And the aftermath. I'd have been cursing a blue streak too.

Luckily all is now nearly back to normal. Got back in the house 12/21. Needless to say, without carpeting then, along with plaster dust, wasn't the best Christmas. However, the baths have been totally remodeled and new carpeting throughout. Nearly all but the bedrooms repainted, so really have been fortunate.

Evere have a G*ddammit moment?

I've been working in the attic off and on for about a month putting flooring down so we can store even more junk, and lost my wedding ring. I still don't know what happened to it. I fear it's buried in the insulation and I'll never find it. I've got a new one on order. In the meantime, I've got to fight off all these women who think I'm single. (Yes, that last sentence was a joke.)

With my cat Velcro everyday I have a Goddammit moment.

Last night she tried jumping through the television. This morning she pulled my external hard-drive on the floor....and then she fell in the bathtub right after I got out.

It's been pretty constant. I think she's in heat.

I'm thinking on skinning her or donating her to a Vietnamese family.

Last edited:

I've been working in the attic off and on for about a month putting flooring down so we can store even more junk, and lost my wedding ring. I still don't know what happened to it. I fear it's buried in the insulation and I'll never find it. I've got a new one on order. In the meantime, I've got to fight off all these women who think I'm single. (Yes, that last sentence was a joke.)

I bet you're right about the insulation. See if you can't find someone with a metal detector.

I bet you're right about the insulation. See if you can't find someone with a metal detector.

Good idea, but I've already tried that. It's amazing how much metal is in an attic. :(

I can't imagine the ring just falling off my finger. I keep thinking I took it off before ascending into the attic and put it somewhere I knew I wouldn't forget (and, of course, forgot). I feel naked without my ring, even if I have clothes on.

Good idea, but I've already tried that. It's amazing how much metal is in an attic. :(

I can't imagine the ring just falling off my finger. I keep thinking I took it off before ascending into the attic and put it somewhere I knew I wouldn't forget (and, of course, forgot). I feel naked without my ring, even if I have clothes on.

I know exactly how you feel. My wedding ring has been missing since a week before Christmas. I left my rings on the computer table before I went to bed one night and the next morning, my wedding band was gone. I'm pretty sure that my demon cat made off with it. I've spent weeks searching litter boxes, floor vents and anyplace I can think of that this monster would have hidden it. I even used a metal detector on the cat on Christmas day. ( Yes it was quite a sight ) I've given up finding it and am now trying to decide if I want to replace it with an identical one or go with something else. I gone to several stores and haven't been able to make myself buy one yet as I want MINE!!!

Had this antique chair that came with my grandfather's desk. I remember as a kid watching him glue the pegs back together and strap the chairs with belts to hold them tight.

SO I go to sit down and crashed straight on my butt. Went right through the chair. So I get up, rather pissed knock it all back together and being the genius I am sit back down on it and to my utter astonishment I crashed flat on my ass again.:lol:

Needless to say, chair took flying lesson that day out the back door. So I get a different chair and something still isn't right. My butt's still hurting. Just figured it was from the fall so thought nothing of it. Went to take off my jeans later and had nailed them to my ass with 2" nail which was the cause of "still isn't right".:lol:
My brother shot a roofing nail into right below his knee with his leg bent stapeling his tendon to the bone, so he couldn't unbend his leg. He was on the roof of three story house at the time, my other brother had to carry him down the latter. When he went to the ER, the doctors couldn't get it out, finally they called the janitor to bring his tools. Which finally how they got it out.
So I bet that felt real nice in your butt! And I guess you statement that nothing climbs into your butt is untrue. :D

I know exactly how you feel. My wedding ring has been missing since a week before Christmas. I left my rings on the computer table before I went to bed one night and the next morning, my wedding band was gone. I'm pretty sure that my demon cat made off with it. I've spent weeks searching litter boxes, floor vents and anyplace I can think of that this monster would have hidden it. I even used a metal detector on the cat on Christmas day. ( Yes it was quite a sight ) I've given up finding it and am now trying to decide if I want to replace it with an identical one or go with something else. I gone to several stores and haven't been able to make myself buy one yet as I want MINE!!!

Wow. A similar story! (I blame Obama.) I thought one of my cats might be to blame and it's under something in the house, but I didn't pursue it. I would really like to have the original back.

I'll be back. Gonna check under the furniture!

When my son took his diaper off for the first time and spread shit all over his bed and the wall, that was more than a God Dammit moment. The point where I lost it, was when I had my hands on his bed looking to see what was going on in the dark, I then switched on the lights and realized there shit right where my hands had been. I told him that when he turned 18 I would kick his ass for it. ( I really wont :D) I also repeated over and over that he was lucky I loved him so much. :lol:

When my son took his diaper off for the first time and spread shit all over his bed and the wall, that was more than a God Dammit moment. The point where I lost it, was when I had my hands on his bed looking to see what was going on in the dark, I then switched on the lights and realized there shit right where my hands had been. I told him that when he turned 18 I would kick his ass for it. ( I really wont :D) I also repeated over and over that he was lucky I loved him so much. :lol:

Incidents like that are the reason Nature makes maternal instinct so strong. :)

My one-year-old likes to sit/stand in his walker next to the TV and play with toys. (He loves the bright colors and movement.) The other day, he apparently dropped the toy and was trying to bend over and pick it up. When I caught him, he was completely out of the walker, with just one foot hung up on the leg hole, leaning diagonally over the edge, with just his hands on the floor supporting him. I have no idea how he managed it so fast. Freaked me out, because he could have hurt himself, but I also laughed myself sick, because he just looked so funny, with that annoyed look on his face.

Wow. A similar story! (I blame Obama.) I thought one of my cats might be to blame and it's under something in the house, but I didn't pursue it. I would really like to have the original back.

I hope you find it. My worst fear is that I had one bag of trash get out of the house that I hadn't searched. I even took all the leavings from the cat boxes, bagged them and kept them until I could get the metal detector here. And I KNOW this monster took it because I've found him trying to get my other ring. ( of course the costume jewelry ring I laid out as bait, he had no interest in ) Simon ( the cat ) is just fortunate that rings are replaceable and he is not :)

I hope you find it. My worst fear is that I had one bag of trash get out of the house that I hadn't searched. I even took all the leavings from the cat boxes, bagged them and kept them until I could get the metal detector here. And I KNOW this monster took it because I've found him trying to get my other ring. ( of course the costume jewelry ring I laid out as bait, he had no interest in ) Simon ( the cat ) is just fortunate that rings are replaceable and he is not :)

I thought that happened to my iPod. It's 68GB, so it was expensive. I bought it while I was truck driving to hold all of the audiobooks I listened to while driving. I used it on a walk to the Circle K down the street, and put it on top of the table in the front hallway when I came in. Went back, and couldn't find it anywhere. Searched the whole house repeatedly. I figured my 2-year-old grandson got hold of it and took it somewhere, but we couldn't find it at all. I was sure he had dropped it into a trash can that was nearby, and it got hauled out. That was over six months ago. Last week, my friend, Blair, was tearing the couch apart looking for the remote control, and guess what he found, hung up in the recliner works inside the couch? I could swear we looked in that couch at least three times.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Two years ago, I was snowblowing the driveway. We had about 6 inches.

Near the end of the driveway, I saw a lump under the snow and paid it no mind, just assuming it was a big chunk of snow. It would be no problem for my massive snowblower.

All of a sudden, the engine grinded to a stop.

I had hit the Sunday newspaper.

I spent the next three hours ripping hunks of paper out of the inner blade of my snowblower, and resorting to having to spray the wadded up paper with warm water and scraping it with a screwdriver. All the while, not knowing if the inner blade would suddenly release tension and cut my fingers off.

Needless to say, I cancelled the paper soon after.

In our old house I was down the basement exercising. I took off my wedding and engagement rings and a claddagh ring my hubs had given me for my 24 b-day. Did my thing and gathered up stuff from the coffee table like kid's barrettes, hair scrunchies and my rings. I dumped everything into a container I kept under the bathroom sink . . . without realizing that my rings were in there. I didn't use the container much and for about 6 months they were gone. I had a bad habit of putting things in my jeans pockets and washing them w/out checking the pockets first so I figured I washed my rings and the washer ate them. One day I happened to clean out that container and . . . I was truly, truly shocked to find my rings.

Several years later, in this house, the hubs was putting in a paver front walk and took off his wedding ring - which he never, never did but it was digging into his finger when he was digging. To this day he never did find it. He got a replacement, very nice Celtic knot type thing but . . . it's just not the same.

When I was in my early 20's I had an apartment and I had Eric the Cat. I swore he took off with my First Communion ring and I never did find it. Only place I didn't think to look was under the fridge. Damn cat.

I hope you find your ring, Vel. I know exactly how you feel (see my post to xsited1). I always use St. Anthony and with the exception of my hub's ring, it always works. Guess Tony was out picking up a pizza that day.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

When I was in my early 20's I had an apartment and I had Eric the Cat. I swore he took off with my First Communion ring and I never did find it. Only place I didn't think to look was under the fridge. Damn cat.

I hope you find your ring, Vel. I know exactly how you feel (see my post to xsited1). I always use St. Anthony and with the exception of my hub's ring, it always works. Guess Tony was out picking up a pizza that day.

Blair made me this beautiful chainmail necklace with heavy steel rings, and I always kept it in my purse when I wasn't wearing it (hey, it doesn't go with everything, what can I say?) My job as a process server takes me to the courthouse a lot, and of course, when they see that steel chain in my purse on the X-ray monitor, they make me take it out so they can be sure it's not a weapon. I got in the habit of just taking it out and putting it in the tray next to my purse to save time. Last time I did that, I either didn't pick it up, or I put it in my purse but not deep enough and it fell out. Either way, it was gone. Blair couldn't understand why I was upset, saying, "I can just make you another one." As if that was the point. Why do men find sentimental value so hard to understand sometimes?

Forum List

Back