G*ddammit Moments

eagleseven

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Jul 8, 2009
OH
Evere have a G*ddammit moment?

Like your standing in your kitchen at 12AM, barefoot, looking for a snack, when you notice the floor is moving. Or rather, the hundreds and hundreds of ants swarming your floor are moving.

DSCF0750_ant_swarm_sm.jpg

G*ddamn ants!

Needless to say, I am having an unpleasant night...

There's the time I made tuna casserole in a glass pan and set it on the stovetop. A few minutes later, I smelled something burning and ran into the kitchen to discover that for some reason, the burner underneath the pan was on (it's a glasstop stove). I snatched the pan off of it and turned off the burner . . . and the pan exploded, showering the kitchen with pieces of glass, tuna, and noodles. Took me FOREVER to clean up.

yesterday morning ...i am going thru the kitchen...got a strong smell..empty the trash...spray the can....look for rotten taters..whatever i could think of to make that smell...so da man comes into the kitchen...."wanna fuck"....ahh no...i cant find this smell in here....its smells like something dead...

he goes over to the cabinet and opens a cabinet no one uses....and goes..."5th one i have trapped"
wtf? he has a mouse trap in the cabinet with a dead mouse...

Time to make that puking cat earn his keep. Leave the cupboard doors open at night.

Made a huge stock pot of homemade spaghetti sauce for freezing. When it was done I took it off the stove, stepped back and tripped on the cat. I went down, the pot went up. Red sauce was splattered over almost every inch of my kitchen, on my floor, ceiling, cabinets, counters, walls....even the clean dishes in the drainer. My kids learned a few new words that day.

Had this antique chair that came with my grandfather's desk. I remember as a kid watching him glue the pegs back together and strap the chairs with belts to hold them tight.

SO I go to sit down and crashed straight on my butt. Went right through the chair. So I get up, rather pissed knock it all back together and being the genius I am sit back down on it and to my utter astonishment I crashed flat on my ass again.:lol:

Needless to say, chair took flying lesson that day out the back door. So I get a different chair and something still isn't right. My butt's still hurting. Just figured it was from the fall so thought nothing of it. Went to take off my jeans later and had nailed them to my ass with 2" nail which was the cause of "still isn't right".:lol:

Had this antique chair that came with my grandfather's desk. I remember as a kid watching him glue the pegs back together and strap the chairs with belts to hold them tight.

SO I go to sit down and crashed straight on my butt. Went right through the chair. So I get up, rather pissed knock it all back together and being the genius I am sit back down on it and to my utter astonishment I crashed flat on my ass again.:lol:

Needless to say, chair took flying lesson that day out the back door. So I get a different chair and something still isn't right. My butt's still hurting. Just figured it was from the fall so thought nothing of it. Went to take off my jeans later and had nailed them to my ass with 2" nail which was the cause of "still isn't right".:lol:

Ouch!!
tetanus shots up to date?

Stupidly set a full large cup of soda on the back floorboard of a brand-new car while in the drive-thru... forget it was there, took off, whole thing gets dumped. There was sticky stiff sugar in the back carpet for the rest of the life of the car.

Ouch!!
tetanus shots up to date?

It wasn't.:eusa_eh:

My mom found an old arrow with a broadhead on it, so I decided to remove the broadhead - for safety reasons, of course.

I'd seen the hunters in my family take the tips off by splaying fingers around the sharp edges and gently twist it off. Which I proceeded to do.

However, this arrow hadn't been messed with in a while.

Just a little bit more pressure .... oh, crud! Where's my "I'm an idiot" sign? :redface:

It was several hours before I went to the hospital to get my sliced thumb taken care of, so they had to re-open it (OUCH!), clean it and then glue it shut. And a tetanus booster, of course.

Last edited:
Yesterday, Mrs. BBD and I went into Rockford to do some shopping. At lunchtime we went over to a well-known seafood resturant chain for lunch. I ordered the plate that had a sample of just about all the seafood they sell on it and began to eat. I had consumed about 1/4 of my meal and my tongue began to swell, my lips got numb, I got dizzy and a headache. We paid up and quickly left and went to the local ER. It was indeed a food allergy of some sort. The doctor and I talked it all over very well and he thinks because I've been eating seafood all my life (being raised near the ocean) that he doubts seriously that it was an allergic reaction to seafood. He thinks it was most likely something they used in preparing the meal. I would say that it was one of those G@#$!&*%$ moments. I hope it isn't an allergic reaction to seafood. We are going to Maine later this spring and I intend to eat one of those Maine lobsters I've heard about all my life. They say they are to die for. I hope they aren't correct!!! BTW, I've never had an allergic reaction to any food before in my life. I am allergic to Cardizem CD. That's my only known allergy.

Last edited:

I thought all the Gunny's were "hard as nails"!!!:lol:

That's our heads. :lol:

That's our heads. :lol:

Their asses, too, apparently...

Forum List

Back