FuzzyKitten: Antibacterial Madness

my aunt says it takes the body's intestines take about 9-11 months after finishing the meds, to recover back to their normal state.

That's why I would take my chances on the sniffles, sneezes, coughs that the students bring. I pick up kleenex, take off gum under desks, etc. I wash my hands with soap pretty often, but not obsessively. I'm sick less than the 'anti-bacterial' teachers.

That's why I would take my chances on the sniffles, sneezes, coughs that the students bring. I pick up kleenex, take off gum under desks, etc. I wash my hands with soap pretty often, but not obsessively. I'm sick less than the 'anti-bacterial' teachers.
i don't even worry about it because kids with colds are inevitable. I just got over my biannual cold/sinus infection that I get 2x a year. I don't take meds for it, I just suffer through it. It usually lasts about a week anyway, with the worst of it being days 2 & 3. I just drink plenty of tea with a little honey, vitamin C pills, and get as much rest as possible. I gave up on the doctors for the sinus infections because antibiotics give me horrible ->insert girl problem here<-

use too much of that too often, and it might just happen...they'll also be free of the natural body-protecting bacteria so your skin has no defense at all against bacteria/viruses that are immune to the gel sanitizer.

There is nothing wrong with using hand sanitizer as long as it contains an adequate % of ethyl or isopropol alcohol:

<iframe src="http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/EID/vol12no03/05-0955.htm" height="80%" width="100%"></iframe>

There is nothing wrong with using hand sanitizer as long as it contains an adequate % of ethyl or isopropol alcohol:

<IFRAME src="http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/EID/vol12no03/05-0955.htm" width="100%" height="80%"></IFRAME>
what the study doesn't say was which bacteria they sorted were of the naturally occuring and which were the more harmful kind, except noting they found the Staph strain a few times.

The second thing I noticed was this was not a study done by the CDC...it was a letter sent to them by someone doing the research on their own.

Think about this...why don't we use penicillin anymore? Because nearly everything is resistant to it now. The doctors used to prescribe it for all sorts of things, but now it would be ineffective with most ailments.

Well, since Bonnie said I remind her of Marg Helgenberger, I'm playing her part in the USMB version! She/I will be the brilliant yet irresistably sexy woman who single-handedly (pun intended) discovers that Purel is 100% safe. Wanna join the cast?

heck--just saw this---you bet---dibs on Grissom !! You two trading pics huh?
It's nice to share you know !

Forum List

Back