Fuzzy Was Lost, But Now Is Found!!!!!

Eightball

Oct 13, 2004
Dear US Message Board Community:

Our middle son his wife and our two grandchildren have been living with us for a little over a year. When they moved in, they brought with them a their pet cat, "Fuzzy". He has all the markings of a Siamese, but was came from a litter of mixed breeds, but stood out from the rest because of his distinct Siamese markings.

Anyway, we also have an indoor kitty named Bentley. Bentley and Fuzzy have bonded pretty well since Fuzzy showed-up. Fuzzy's name was given to him by our grandson.

Well, Fuzzy is one of those indoor cats that is always trying to sneek out of the house. Actually Bentley tries too, but Bentley has sense to stay near the house and wants to get back in.

Fuzzy got out last Friday night, and we didn't know he was missing until Saturday morning(10-2-10). Needless to say, we combed the neighborhood both in our cars, and on foot, calling, "Fuzzy!". Next, we put a "lost pet" ad in Craigslist, and also started checking the animal control websites for any word about or pictures of Fuzzy.

I can't tell you how many miles of residential streets here in San Jose, CA I walked on Saturday night calling for Fuzzy.

Our grandkids were crying, and even our big old tough gruff son(Raiders fan) was teary-eyed. Fuzzy was special.
Anyway, this morning(Monday 10-4-10), low and behold, our son heading out the door to his sheetmetal construction job, comes face to face with Fuzzy waiting on our front doorstep! Prayers answered!

Anyway, Fuzzy immediately went to the dry cat food bowl and started chowing-down like he was starving. Also he drank lots of water too. Bentley, like most cats didn't like the new smells on Fuzzy and growled some pretty big warnings. Cat's are interesting that way. If you take them to the vet, and bring them home to a multi-cat household, the resident cats don't like the new smells/scents that the vet office leaves on their old companion.

Anyway, Fuzzy is resting on our grandson's bed, and seems very much at peace.

I wiped Fuzzy down with a damp terry towel to try and remove the odors off of him that are upsetting Bentley. I think it worked. Pheremones(mispelled?) mean everything to cats. I found out that their are friendly pheremones, and unfriendly Pheremones that cats give off; depending on their disposition.
Well, what a relief. We all kept having these terrible thoughts about what might have happened to Fuzzy. When he has escaped outside before, he has a tendency to try and evade being captured. He wants to wander. He's not afraid of loud sounds like vacuum cleaners or car engines etc....
Last note: While wiping him down with a damp towel to remove bad scents, I did notice that his lower belly had lots of fresh scratches/scabs from being in a fight with another cat/cats. Those belly scratches are caused by the kicking-back legs/paws of the other cat. Cats can do some nasty damage with their back feet/legs when in a knock-down all out fight.
Anyway.........Fuzzy is Back! Thank goodness his collar and id tag with our phone number didn't come off. I think I'm going to buy him a new collar that will hold up a little better.
Now we can throw away all the circulars we printed with Fuzzy's picture and other information that we planned to post on street light poles throughout our neighborhood.
:eusa_drool::eusa_drool::eusa_drool::eusa_drool::eusa_drool:

That is good news indeed!

When Eric the Cat (also an indoor sneaking outdoor cat) did manage to get out one night, I never did see him again. :(

Fuzzy needs to go to the vet as soon as possible...to see if fuzzy caught kitty AIDS. (FIV) Of which fuzzy can share with his fuzzy brothers...and everyone dies.

Im really happy fuzzy is Home

Horrah! Glad to hear that Fuzzy wasn't a bad kitty.

In celebration, I shall post my favorite cat song.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qit3ALTelOo]YouTube - The Mean Kitty Song[/ame]

good news! damn syrenn when did you become debbie downer

Mine got lost for 3 days....he got into a fight while he was gone and became FIV positive... He was an only cat at the time....so it didn't matter.

Fuzzy has a brother who he can infect....and that would be sad sad sad if both bently and fussy became .....WASies.

Wow. This is like a miracle.

Many neighborhoods in San Jose are completely cat free due the ongoing hunt for the main ingredient in Kung Pao Kitten.

Congratulations on Fuzzy's safe return!

Wow. This is like a miracle.

Many neighborhoods in San Jose are completely cat free due the ongoing hunt for the main ingredient in Kung Pao Kitten.

Congratulations on Fuzzy's safe return!

San Francisco is worse!

Thats great news!

Losing a kitty is tough, and I am so glad Fuzzy made it back home in one piece.

Syrenn is right though. I would have the little bugger checked just to be on the safe side.

I have lost 2 cats to that disease and it was so tough to take. Both were outside cats (by their own chioce - hated being indoors).

Anyways.... I am so glad he is home!

Thats great news!

Losing a kitty is tough, and I am so glad Fuzzy made it back home in one piece.

Syrenn is right though. I would have the little bugger checked just to be on the safe side.

I have lost 2 cats to that disease and it was so tough to take. Both were outside cats (by their own chioce - hated being indoors).

Anyways.... I am so glad he is home!

Mine was an indoor cat. We went on vacation and the neighbor wasn't careful about closing the doors when she came to feed him...and fast little devil....got out... yeah it was hard to take and so sad!

Fuzzy needs to go to the vet as soon as possible...to see if fuzzy caught kitty AIDS. (FIV) Of which fuzzy can share with his fuzzy brothers...and everyone dies.

Yes, you are right. He needs a scheduled appointment with the Cat Vet.

i hope kitty proves to be okay.....i have indoor/outdoor cats...

i have never had a cat develop feline aids...i am sorry if i appeared to be making light of this condition...i realize its a death sentance....

sorry for anyones loss...i assure you..i did not mean to sound mocking at all....i couldnt stand losing one of my cats

Talked to our Cat Vet hospital a few minutes ago, and they said that we will have to wait about 6 weeks before testing Fuzzy.

Guess if he's been infected with Feline HIV, it won't show up on a test until it has built up in him and is finally detectable.

They also said that his scratch wounds from clawing during a fight is not the thing to be concerned about. The concern is mouth-bites from the other cat.

I mentioned that Fuzzy's fur looked very smooth, and not ruffled up when he came home. Also we have been feeling around his body for lumps/scabbing under the fir, and haven't found anything.

The Vet said that is promising.

Fuzzy still must be tested in 6 weeks, so that would be about a week and a half into November.
********:eusa_pray:

Talked to our Cat Vet hospital a few minutes ago, and they said that we will have to wait about 6 weeks before testing Fuzzy.

Guess if he's been infected with Feline HIV, it won't show up on a test until it has built up in him and is finally detectable.

They also said that his scratch wounds from clawing during a fight is not the thing to be concerned about. The concern is mouth-bites from the other cat.

I mentioned that Fuzzy's fur looked very smooth, and not ruffled up when he came home. Also we have been feeling around his body for lumps/scabbing under the fir, and haven't found anything.

Fuzzy still must be tested in 6 weeks, so that would be about a week and a half into November.

Yay..im glad you called to make and appointment for fuzzy. Has the other one had the vaccine for FIV?

:eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray::eusa_pray:
good luck and hopefully hes alright. Hugs

Yay..im glad you called to make and appointment for fuzzy. Has the other one had the vaccine for FIV?

Yes, Bentley our male gray tabby has been recently innoculated.

Yes, you are right. He needs a scheduled appointment with the Cat Vet.

:happy-1:

Im so glad Fuzzy has a good home!

Post pics of the little guy.

I love cats.

I'll go 1st

Here is my little buddy Kii Kii...
0604101847a.jpg

Last edited:

Yes, Bentley our male gray tabby has been recently innoculated.

woohoo! So your safe that he wont get it. :eusa_pray:

Forum List

Back