Futures Drop

Pavel Svinchnik

Jan 28, 2018
I saw an interesting reaction to news this morning. While my morning coffee was brewing, I turned on Bloomberg TV just before 8:00 a.m. They were doing commercials but the crawl on the bottom of the screen indicated that the DJ Industrial futures were up a positive 83 points.

When the programming resumed, the anchor reported that China had just announced slapping retaliatory tariffs on the U.S. and the futures immediately dropped to 38 points down. The major European indices also dropped noticeably at the same time. Probably a lot of storm and fury, signifying nothing. If Powell reduces the interest rates today, everything will probably jump back up a few points.

I saw an interesting reaction to news this morning. While my morning coffee was brewing, I turned on Bloomberg TV just before 8:00 a.m. They were doing commercials but the crawl on the bottom of the screen indicated that the DJ Industrial futures were up a positive 83 points.

When the programming resumed, the anchor reported that China had just announced slapping retaliatory tariffs on the U.S. and the futures immediately dropped to 38 points down. The major European indices also dropped noticeably at the same time. Probably a lot of storm and fury, signifying nothing. If Powell reduces the interest rates today, everything will probably jump back up a few points.

If Powell reduces the interest rates today,

If he cuts today, it'll be a huge deal, a cut between meetings.

/——/ The Stock Market in 4 words: Fear, Greed and Uncertainty.

Earnings coming in are upbeat and some raising dividends. Throws sand in the face of recession fears

Earnings coming in are upbeat and some raising dividends. Throws sand in the face of recession fears

Still waiting on that drop. What I'm watching..all went up.

Markets react to news and events...all part of the game

The kind of drop I'm looking for is market-wide.

It's just up so high! :eek:

It'll drop, then rise...then drop...then rise. Like always

It needs to drop far enough for my cheap ass to buy in. :04:

LOL Swing trade, lately it's been money hand over fist. I'm on a gem with one, 6K last week and maybe 3K this week if I get my bounce on a interest rate cut today

LOL Swing trade, lately it's been money hand over fist. I'm on a gem with one, 6K last week and maybe 3K this week if I get my bounce on a interest rate cut today

Yeah well, you're old hat at it. I'm not, and I know it.
The was I'm looking at doing it is swing trading, but with companies I know things about. :rolleyes:

Since I was 15 years old. My grandpa taught me the ropes. I miss that man :(

Well, I know how to pick a piece of property. People are different. :04:

Well, I know how to pick a piece of property. People are different. :04:

My husband talked me into that a few years back. We bought a property to flip, once was enough I can make what we made in a couple of weeks in the market and it was a complete headache. But that said real estate is a good investment

Why would the Fed cut today?

I bet he raises it.

May not be today, but they call it a "re calibration", stave off inflation, trade uncertainty...etc etc

I bet he raises it.

I'd take that bet

May not be today, but they call it a "re calibration", stave off inflation, trade uncertainty...etc etc

May not be today,

Definitely not today.

stave off inflation

Rate cuts don't "stave off inflation".

Forum List

Back