Future of a.i.

ThisIsMe

Gold Member
Dec 16, 2017
Was watching a video today:

This made me wonder, are we engineering our own demise?

At what point do we cross from the point where a.i. is a help to humanity, and a.i. becomes a detriment to humanity?

Once we move from ai to agi, we are to the point where computers can think for themselves, which they say is 7 to 15 years away. Not far after that we move to asi, where computers are basically fully aware.

The guy in the video claims that IBM has a computer that, if every human in the world did one calculation every second, it would take us 305 years to catch up to what that computer can do in 1 second.

We are integrating ai into our lives every day. How long before that ai starts to try and think for you. They are talking about human integration, where you'll be able to replace body parts with ones that have enhanced abilities.

He was talking about being able to replace your eyes with new ones that have night vision, zoom, the ability to see heat signatures, and other things. Sounds like a scifi movie, but this is where they are going with this.

A lot of people would think this sounds great, but, how far off are we from losing humanity, and we become more robotic than human.

How far is it before they attempt to transplant a human brain into a fully robotic body, and from there, being able to develope an ai brain that can mimic and surpass a human.

Computers will teach other computers, and that is how they are hoping they will advance a.i. to higher states.

Anyway, when you think of it, its pretty spooky, but this is the world we are living in, and it will happen quicker and quicker.

Also, it makes you wonder. This talk about universal basic income. Is it really an attempt to try to lift people out of poverty? Or is it preparation for what some think will be a time when robots have taken over most of the jobs, and the ubi will be what you need to live on?

Forum List

Back