future greenland melt

Discussion in 'Environment' started by Old Rocks, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,508
    Why yes, we have very large scale sources of CO2 free energy. Energy that does not involve extremely dangerous by products, and is very expensive per kw/hr. Solar and wind. India, China, and even Mexico are putting in gigawatt solar installations. And wind is growing at double digit rates worldwide. Nope, fission nuclear is not the future.

2. HereWeGoAgain

HereWeGoAgain Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35,929
    Bullshit.
    Ancient Greenland was much warmer than previously thought: New knowledge helps researchers understand how Greenland's ice sheet responds to warming

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,508
    Just beyond the northwest edge of the vast Greenland Ice Sheet, Northwestern University researchers have discovered lake mud that beat tough odds by surviving the last ice age. The mud, and remains of common flies nestled within it, record two interglacial periods in northwest Greenland. Although researchers have long known these two periods -- the early Holocene and Last Interglacial -- experienced warming in the Arctic due to changes in Earth's orbit, the mix of fly species preserved from these times shows that Greenland was even warmer than previously thought.

This information could help researchers better gauge Greenland's sensitivity to warming, by testing and improving models of climate and ice sheet behavior. Those models could then improve predictions of how Greenland's ice sheet, which covers 80 percent of the Arctic country and holds enough ice to equal 20 feet of global sea level, might respond to human-made global warming.

Ancient Greenland was much warmer than previously thought: New knowledge helps researchers understand how Greenland's ice sheet responds to warming

Eric the Red was very recent. This article is talking about the early Holocene, 8000 to 13,000 years ago, and the last interglacial period. You really should read the articles you post, rather than just the titles. Then you would not end up looking as stupid as you just did.

4. Sunsettommy

Sunsettommy VIP Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,602
    I looked through the links, NONE tells us how old the "oldest" ice is.

Really you got snookered anyway because in time they ALL melt away naturally or the entire region would have filled up long ago.

You warmists are easy to con.

5. Sunsettommy

Sunsettommy VIP Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,602
    I looked through the links, NONE tells us how old the "oldest" ice is.

Really you got snookered anyway because in time they ALL melt away naturally or the entire region would have filled up long ago.

You warmists are easy to con.

6. Admiral Rockwell Tory

Admiral Rockwell Tory Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,185
    I'll bet you a horse turd to a donut and let you hold the stakes in your mouth, that without looking it up, you could not tell me what "albedo" meant if I held a gun to your head!

7. Admiral Rockwell Tory

Admiral Rockwell Tory Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,185
    Actuall, as the glaciers are retreating, they are uncovering Viking settlements along the coastline that obviously had to built before the glaciers grew and overtook them.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. skookerasbil

skookerasbil Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,488
    Fake......again

Solar has been growing at phenomenal rates for years now. Still only provides Americans with a little over 1% of our electricity.

Indeed....whenever a progressive climate crusader starts throwing up lofty growth rate statistics in here, your radar better go up! Almost invariably, the progressive doesnt compare these growth rates to market shares = fake. Always when put into proper context, progressive statistics become laughable.

9. flacaltenn

flacaltenn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +28,637
    Yeah. But according to the NSIDC -- the summer ice melt in 2018 is one of the lessor ones in years. And this is arctic SEA ice. Not ice melt on continental Greenland. In FACT ---

Climate Science : Greenland Ice Gain Is The Fastest Melt Ever | The Deplorable Climate Science Blog

[​IMG]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2