Future generations will pay for our trillion-dollar folly

beretta304

Rookie
Aug 13, 2012
A Saner Place
Is there any reason for today's Americans to care about what happens to tomorrow's Americans? After all, what have tomorrow's Americans done for today's Americans? Moreover, since tomorrow's Americans don't vote, we can dump on them with impunity. That's a vision that describes the actual behavior of today's Americans.

The federal government gets by without having to provide transparent and honest financial statements. The U.S. Treasury’s “balance sheet” does list liabilities such as public debt, but it does not include the massive unfunded liabilities of Social Security, Medicare and other federal future obligations. A conservative estimate of Washington’s unfunded liabilities for the year ending in 2011 is $87 trillion. That’s more than 500 percent of our 2011 GDP of $15 trillion.

America has 400 billionaires with a combined net worth of $1.3 trillion. If Congress fleeced them of their assets, stocks, bonds, yachts, airplanes, mansions and jewelry, it would get us to at least late fall.

The fact of the matter is there are not enough rich people to come anywhere close to satisfying Congress’ voracious spending appetite. The true tragedy for our future is that there are millions of uninformed Americans who will buy the political demagoguery and treachery that our problems can be solved by taxing the rich.

Future generations will pay for our trillions - Conservative News

Last edited:
dick tater and his minions care not a whit for "future generations"

If you buy all that you should probably ask what thirty years of kissing up to them and giving them a free pass on so many damaging economic practices has cost and especially you should ask if they deserve more?

Are you on welfare or something?

The debt hasn't gone down in 60+ years. Did the people who accumulated the debt 60+ years ago ruin your life, somehow?It's the real life wizard of oz.

It's OK... Our future generations will have more money because of cost of living increases. :lol: Yes... I was only joking.

Cool I'll be dead. Have fun with that.

Yup... Why should we lower our standard of living when we can just pass the expense on to future generations... Sounds like a great deal... For us.

The debt hasn't gone down in 60+ years. Did the people who accumulated the debt 60+ years ago ruin your life, somehow?It's the real life wizard of oz.

The far-right wingnuts think American history started in 2009. January 2009 to be exact. Where was their whining from 1980-88? From 2000-2008? Did they just roll over and pee all over themselves when Henry Paulson decided the big banks were too big to fail?

Cool I'll be dead. Have fun with that.

Yup... Why should we lower our standard of living when we can just pass the expense on to future generations... Sounds like a great deal... For us.

The silly part of your post is that we're not the first generation to do so, and it didn't have much of an effect on us, to be left with the Nat'l Debt.

My life in fact has taken the path of Government irrelevance, for the most part. Nothing the Gov't has done has hindered my successes. That's anecdotal.

Future generations will just burn Washington and anyone associated with the federal government. When these entitlements stop suddenly, it won't be pretty. The military won't stop them, because they aren't being paid and they would be fighting their friends and neighbors.

Future generations will just burn Washington and anyone associated with the federal government. When these entitlements stop suddenly, it won't be pretty. The military won't stop them, because they aren't being paid and they would be fighting their friends and neighbors.

and your generaTION that believes so passionately that the Country is going to hell?

Pussies. Your form of "burning Washington" is ranting on the radio and on message-boards. Strong work, you!

If the Tep Party tried their 'lil Revolution, and it was televized, I'd probably watch something else like American Idol or Jersey Shore just to piss the tea party Gods off.

The debt 60 years ago wasn't nearly as large as it is today. Furthermore, you now have the largest generation of people, the Baby Boomers, retiring and beginning to suck up all of their entitlements like Social Security, which is already taking in less than it's paying out, and Medicare. It can't be sustained.

Todays progressives don't care, as long as it isn't them

It's not just progressives; it's Baby Boomers on both sides of the aisle. They created all of this and they don't give a shit about the mess they leave behind, liberal or conservative. They are most selfish generation this country has ever seen. It's always been all about them, them, them.

The debt 60 years ago wasn't nearly as large as it is today. Furthermore, you now have the largest generation of people, the Baby Boomers, retiring and beginning to suck up all of their entitlements like Social Security, which is already taking in less than it's paying out, and Medicare. It can't be sustained.

"Their entitlements" were paid into, by them. It's not really fair to degrade them for paying into and collecting something that was mandatory.

But anyways, my point wasn't the size and scope of the debt, its that it has never gone down, EVER.

There's more than meets the eye to it. Theirs a whole shit load of internal workings that regular Joe citizen doesn't know dick about - and for that reason, your only two options are to work from the inside, or to ignorantly cry over spilled milk instead of leading the best life that ya can.

Progressives have nothing to do with it. Some of us just live in the real world and understand that people were saying the same thing in 1500AD.

Oh my ye king's decree will affect our heir apparent most certainly!

It's not just progressives; it's Baby Boomers on both sides of the aisle. They created all of this and they don't give a shit about the mess they leave behind, liberal or conservative. They are most selfish generation this country has ever seen. It's always been all about them, them, them.

There's 300mil ish people in the Country.

I don't know the biggest protest ever, past the Birth of the USA.............

But I doubt any large faction of the Country went out with torches and demanded free stuff, and in fact, I think that the bickering you see here on this message board "my side versus your side, derp derp derp!!!!" has led the majority of the eligible to.............not even Vote or give three shits about politics.

So to me, it's less about an entire generation of greedy people, and more about a thousand ish people, out of three hundred million, in and out and in and out of Washington. Add in the overtly greedy of our Corporations, but just them because some act honorably.

Forum List

Back