Further Proof Of How Icompetence (shit) Flows Down River.

By PAULINE JELINEK, Associated Press Writer
Sat Oct 20, 6:04 AM ET

WASHINGTON - The Air Force said Friday it has punished 70 airmen involved in the accidental, cross-country flight of a nuclear-armed B-52 bomber following an investigation that found widespread disregard for the rules on handling such munitions.

"There has been an erosion of adherence to weapons-handling standards at Minot Air Force Base and Barksdale Air Force Base," said Maj. Gen. Richard Newton, the Air Force deputy chief of staff for operations.

Newton was announcing the results of a six-week probe into the Aug. 29-30 incident in which the B-52 was inadvertently armed with six nuclear-tipped cruise missiles and flown from Minot in North Dakota to Barksdale in Louisiana without anyone noticing the mistake for more than a day.

The missiles were supposed to be taken to Louisiana, but the warheads were supposed to have been removed beforehand.

A main reason for the error was that crews had decided not to follow a complex schedule under which the status of the missiles is tracked while they are disarmed, loaded, moved and so on, one official said on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak on the record.

The airmen replaced the schedule with their own "informal" system, he said, though he didn't say why they did that nor how long they had been doing it their own way.

more ... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071020/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/nuclear_mistake

I don't see how being lazy and stupid with the most dangerous weapons on Earth equates to "shit rolling uphill." The Air Force personnel involved OBVIOUSLY circumvented procedure out of sheer laziness and stupidity.

Do you feel better that for over a day six, nuclear-tipped missles were unaccounted for and in the hands of junior personnel? Only takes a few mins to eradicate a town.

I once in the Air Force volunteered with others to lead a group of legally blind people around an F-16 on static display in exchange for extra leave and an at'a boy. As I lead the person I was assigned to around the plane letting him feel it, he bent down under it to what was hanging off it's belly, felt it and asked, "what's this?" I told him, "a nuclear bomb." He recoiled but I stopped him and told him it was inert. Still, what the hell did they have a practice nuke hanging off this plane for, for that event?

Dumb.

• Banned
THIS is funny?

WHERE exactly do YOU live.

Dropping a couple of these bad boys in your backyard would be funny, kind of clean up the gene pool.

Try again putz.....................

Yeah, smart ass. Like the foul smell of crisco thats coming out your ass and the dick on your breath there is a thing called fall out. Next time you speak to me, have some decency and respect. Name calling is completely uncalled for. I so know that you'd never speak to me in person like that. Aside from the fact that you only have balls when you can hide behind a computer, you'd also be wise to have a good dentist. And if you'd really like to make something of this...bring it on the real pussy.

P.S. After looking into your profile I'm seeing your an old ass redneck that worked for the judicial system. I bet the words "******, fagot, **** and yankee" are a large portion of your vocabulary. Now that I see where your from and that your an old ass man who will die way before me hahaha, and that you live in Arkansas, I could care less about your opinion. Sorry bout that comment bout your smelly ass, it was Arkansas I was actually smelling. And don't even try to pretend it don't smell like ass down there. Of course if you've lived there long enough, I suppose you eventually don't even notice.

I once in the Air Force volunteered with others to lead a group of legally blind people around an F-16 on static display in exchange for extra leave and an at'a boy. As I lead the person I was assigned to around the plane letting him feel it, he bent down under it to what was hanging off it's belly, felt it and asked, "what's this?" I told him, "a nuclear bomb." He recoiled but I stopped him and told him it was inert. Still, what the hell did they have a practice nuke hanging off this plane for, for that event?

Dumb.
tell ,me folks, does anyone besides my self see anything wrong with his little story" maybe see some red flags thereabouts? I certainly do.

Don't worry 'bout it, donny.

tell ,me folks, does anyone besides my self see anything wrong with his little story" maybe see some red flags thereabouts? I certainly do.

pr is a justified liar. It's all he has to explain his existense. The rest of us strive to do well with the lives that we have.

I don't see how being lazy and stupid with the most dangerous weapons on Earth equates to "shit rolling uphill." The Air Force personnel involved OBVIOUSLY circumvented procedure out of sheer laziness and stupidity.

Do you feel better that for over a day six, nuclear-tipped missles were unaccounted for and in the hands of junior personnel? Only takes a few mins to eradicate a town.

Let me just tell you that as a Nuclear Surety trained, ex-ICBM maintenence technician in the Air Force, that there is no such thing as nuclear procedure circumvention out of "laziness and stupidity".

Personell that handle nuclear weapons in the United States military, due to the ultra-strict policy on their movement, are almost virtually incapable of commiting such incompetence.

Thsi situation could never possibly happen out of incompetence.

I'll eleborate later when i have more time, but if you've never been involved in the handling of nuclear weapons in the military, you really don't know exactly how the process works...it's a cult, for all intents and purposes...so please don't go making unsubstantiated claims because you think you know the policy.

I'll be back a little later to continue discussion on this.

Forum List

Back