Further evidence to support my idea that AOL = The Devil

I actually got AOL free for about a year and a half by simply calling up and saying "We want to cancel." and then they would say "How about we give you 3 free months to think it over?". We did it over and over and over again...

Eventually though even free AOL wasn't a good enough reason to keep using AOL.

AOL ripped me off back when I used it. I kept canceling the account, they wouldn't do it. I didn't do it over the phone though I did it over the internet. Fuck AOL

most people just have to cancel their credit cards to get rid of them.

Basically AOL is the crowning achievement of mid 90's marketing. Selling a POS product that everyone else has but making people think that they absolutely need it. Im suprised they swindled so many into getting AOL for Broadband when you ABSOLUTELY DONT NEED IT TO USE BROADBAND!

insein said:
most people just have to cancel their credit cards to get rid of them.

Basically AOL is the crowning achievement of mid 90's marketing. Selling a POS product that everyone else has but making people think that they absolutely need it. Im suprised they swindled so many into getting AOL for Broadband when you ABSOLUTELY DONT NEED IT TO USE BROADBAND!

I was stunned the day I found out I could log on to AOL, then open and browse NOT thru their spam-laded mac-looking browser, but thru plane simple IE. When I figured that out, I cancelled AOL the next month. That was about 1998? iirc.

Forum List

Back