Furious Lockerbie Families to Protest Qaddafi U.N. Speech

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Relatives of those who died in the Lockerbie bombing will protest outside the United Nations in New York when Libyan Colonel Muammar Qaddafi addresses the General Assembly.

Many are angry the Libyan leader has been granted a visa to attend the gathering just a few months after the only man convicted of the bombing, Abdel Baset al Megrahi, arrived in Tripoli to a boisterous welcome.

Megrahi was released on compassionate grounds by Scottish Justice Minister Kenny MacAskill, despite pressure from the U.S. State Department and senior members of Congress to keep him incarcerated in Scotland.

Furious Lockerbie Families to Protest Qaddafi U.N. Speech - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Relatives of those who died in the Lockerbie bombing will protest outside the United Nations in New York when Libyan Colonel Muammar Qaddafi addresses the General Assembly.

Many are angry the Libyan leader has been granted a visa to attend the gathering just a few months after the only man convicted of the bombing, Abdel Baset al Megrahi, arrived in Tripoli to a boisterous welcome.

Megrahi was released on compassionate grounds by Scottish Justice Minister Kenny MacAskill, despite pressure from the U.S. State Department and senior members of Congress to keep him incarcerated in Scotland.

Furious Lockerbie Families to Protest Qaddafi U.N. Speech - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

So what?...go shoot the fucker or STFU. What kills me is the amount of effort y'all put into bellyaching and you don't really give a crap one way or the other.

So what?...go shoot the fucker or STFU. What kills me is the amount of effort y'all put into bellyaching and you don't really give a crap one way or the other.

you advocate killing someone? do you really? Asshug.. I have every right to post any news article I see fit. you sit down and stfu.

you advocate killing someone? do you really? Asshug.. I have every right to post any news article I see fit. you sit down and stfu.

Ya you and glenn beck and nancy grace...:cuckoo:

Is the manner in which the bomber was received in Tripoli sufficient reason to deny him a visa?

Muammar Gaddafi has become an ally against terrorism

His rehabilitation will sicken families whose loved ones were killed at Lockerbie and in Northern Ireland by bombs supplied by Libyan agents. Muammar Gaddafi is today, though, a close ally in the fight against international terrorism.
As one observer told me on a recent visit to Libya: “If there is one thing that keeps Gaddafi up at night, it is probably the threat of Islamic fundamentalism.” The eyes and ears of his pervasive police state works closely with Western agencies in the fight against global jihad.

His return to the top table of international politics began in 2003 when he surrendered his weapons of mass destruction programmes. He delivered the Lockerbie bombing suspects for trial. And in November 2008 he agreed to a $1.8 billion compensation package for bomb victims. His relationship with the West was revived at a stroke and the pariah state opened its doors to foreign trade.

Counter Jihad: July 2009

Last edited:

Is the manner in which the bomber was received in Tripoli sufficient reason to deny him a visa?

I think so.

I think so.

Doesn't there have to be a legal reason?

Doesn't there have to be a legal reason?

there isn't any entitlement to a Visa that I know of.

of course, he could always bring an administrative proceeding to challenge that. In five or ten years, he might get a ruling.

seriously, though. no one would deny him a visa... but i'm glad he couldn't stay where he wanted to. it amused me.

He is entitilled to a Visa if he's speaking to the UN, part of the agreement that places the UN in the USA is we must allow ANY foreign leader access.

Forum List

Back