Funny if you focus and read between the lines you see where CNN REALLY leans re: U.S trade...

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
So no link, this was a live report after Trumps little cabinet skirmish regarding tariffs and they were had the CNN reporter speaking with John King who was in the studio. Pay attention folks.

The CNN reporter (I don't remember his name), with the WH backdrop behind him, states to John King after the meeting, "it's still confusing, is Canada or Mexico exempted temporarily or does it seem to be based on the re-negotiation of NAFTA? Any changes to NAFTA would have an immense impact on the economy of the United States"

Just as I said, that Canada has NO intention of having a new NAFTA they are dragging this out and trying to hold out until Trump is gone, or, they believe he won't rip it up. This is not just a strategy from Canada, you must understand, this is the GLOBAL recommendation to Canada. Supported by CNN, MSNBC and others. "Just hold out guys, Trump will lose in 2020 and then the next president will just withdraw from negotiations and leave the status quo" The wording suggests they haven't even accepted any such negotiation, even as it is currently ongoing.

So, notice the wording, it's not and the assumptive "leading of the witness" and adding their specific OPINION when CNN is talking about this already supposedly done deal. It's already an ongoing renegotiation and you would assume as such, CNN would just report that it's ongoing, however, they apply what they really want to convey, they do NOT want this renegotiated.

Any changes to NAFTA would have an immense impact on the economy of the United States"

They have zero interest in wanting to see this happen, nor the massive improvement to U.S jobs, industry and trade imbalances. This is why I said, and I hope, Trump leverages this as a National Security issue, which the U.S economy and specific industries are. If he doesn't apply some heavy pressure to Mexico and in particular Canada (who is moving on very little in NAFTA, especially those which are fair), NAFTA renegotiations will not be completed, I have no doubt of this.

Last edited:
Yes it would, and most agree. Even most of the GOP , except for the PA republicans.

Yes it would, and most agree. Even most of the GOP , except for the PA republicans.

So you don't believe NAFTA should be renegotiated? You prefer the status quo of lost jobs and $500B annual trade deficits?

So you don't believe NAFTA should be renegotiated? You prefer the status quo of lost jobs and $500B annual trade deficits?

I believe in fair trade, I do not want to hurt Canada or Mexico which is the outcome that trump would have if he is not flexible, which he talks a lot and does not follow through so who knows. We are only as good as our neighbors and the old steel mills are not coming back. To put these tariffs on he is talking about will hurt Canada and the American consumer the most.

So no link, this was a live report after Trumps little cabinet skirmish regarding tariffs and they were had the CNN reporter speaking with John King who was in the studio. Pay attention folks.

The CNN reporter (I don't remember his name), with the WH backdrop behind him, states to John King after the meeting, "it's still confusing, is Canada or Mexico exempted temporarily or does it seem to be based on the re-negotiation of NAFTA? Any changes to NAFTA would have an immense impact on the economy of the United States"

Just as I said, that Canada has NO intention of having a new NAFTA they are dragging this out and trying to hold out until Trump is gone, or, they believe he won't rip it up. This is not just a strategy from Canada, you must understand, this is the GLOBAL recommendation to Canada. Supported by CNN, MSNBC and others. "Just hold out guys, Trump will lose in 2020 and then the next president will just withdraw from negotiations and leave the status quo" The wording suggests they haven't even accepted any such negotiation, even as it is currently ongoing.

So, notice the wording, it's not and the assumptive "leading of the witness" and adding their specific OPINION when CNN is talking about this already supposedly done deal. It's already an ongoing renegotiation and you would assume as such, CNN would just report that it's ongoing, however, they apply what they really want to convey, they do NOT want this renegotiated.

Any changes to NAFTA would have an immense impact on the economy of the United States"

They have zero interest in wanting to see this happen, nor the massive improvement to U.S jobs, industry and trade imbalances. This is why I said, and I hope, Trump leverages this as a National Security issue, which the U.S economy and specific industries are. If he doesn't apply some heavy pressure to Mexico and in particular Canada (who is moving on very little in NAFTA, especially those which are fair), NAFTA renegotiations will not be completed, I have no doubt of this.

cool story, bro :thup:

Forum List

Back