Funny how Al-Jazeera isn't saying anything about the court martial.

R

rcajun90

http://english.aljazeera.net/HomePage

It's to be expected but the way they had plastered those disturbing images of the prisoner abuse all over their website you would think they would at least mention we are punishing those idiots that did this.

All I know about Aljareeza comes from American media and they will twist anything to sell papers and further their cause. I can go to their website but why would I expect them to be doing anything but selling papers and furthering their cause also. There is a lot of big business going on here and I dare say the battle is more furious for the bucks than the bullets

Under the guise of informing people of the facts the media moguls are using the war to put money in their pockets. The more horrifying,illegal,unfair,inhumane,ugly etc. they can make it the more people will absorb it. News now is more entertainment that a tool to inform. While entertaining people the media can twist the facts and the gullible will buy it hook line and sinker. How powerful to be wealthy enough to control what people hear. Why you could even sway the actions of the leaders of nations because they all want to stay in power. Logic would indicate that he who controls the media controls the direction of thought in the world. This is why we need independent thinkers and people with enough courage to point out that the emporer has no clothes. The truth eventually comes out but at much to slow of a pace for it to have the power it deserves.

Forum List

Back