Funniest TV Shows of All-Time

Monty Python probably made me laugh most. I can still find their absrd humor hilarious and that's a good sign that it was rather special

Popular humor changes with the times, and of course it changes because we personally change over time, too.

How many of us still laugh at the things we though hilarious when we were kids?

I especially liked 30 Rock of late. (I watched them long after their original airings)

Right now, I'm finding "It's always Sunny in Philadelphia" amusing, too.

Here's some shows that changed television that I suspect you missed.

The Honeymooners (this was the model for nearly every sit-com that followed it, and it was based on radio sitcoms)

Show of Shows. (Cid Ceasar)

That was the Week that Was. (One of the first English humor programs to make it across the pond)

Rowan and Martin's Laugh In (at the time this was incendiary political lampooning the likes of which had never happened on MSM TV)

Each pushed the envelope of humor for their time

Today's hilarity owes a debt to all humor that went before it.

That is the nature of things.

Last edited:
Monty Python probably made me laugh most. I can still find their absrd humor hilarious and that's a good sign that it was rather special

Popular humor changes with the times, and of course it changes because we personally change over time, too.

How many of us still laugh at the things we though hilarious when we were kids?

I especially liked 30 Rock of late. (I watched them long after their original airings)

Right now, I'm finding "It's always Sunny in Philadelphia" amusing, too.

Here's some shows that changed television that I suspect you missed.

The Honeymooners (this was the model for nearly every sit-com that followed it, and it was based on radio sitcoms)

Show of Shows. (Cid Ceasar)

That was the Week that Was. (One of the first English humor programs to make it across the pond)

Rowan and Martin's Laugh In (at the time this was incendiary political lampooning the likes of which had never happened on MSM TV)

Each pushed the envelope of humor for their time

Today's hilarity owes a debt to all humor that went before it.

That is the nature of things.

I've been getting caught up with all of the past seasons of "It's always Sunny in Philadelphia" with Netflix, very funny show with a remarkable cast. The show is a lot like Seinfeld in the development of the characters. They started off semi normal but have gone to bat shit crazy in this latest season.:lol:

Arrested Development. At 2.5 seasons its pure hillarity. I keep the series premiere and finale on my iPod and watch them back to back again and again.

What in your opinion are the funniest TV shows of all-time?

Here's my list in no particular order.

- Family Guy
- Married With Children
- Night Court
- All In The Family
- Roseanne
- Cheers
- MASH
- Two and a Half Men
- SNL
- Whose Line Is It Anyway (Drew Carey, Ryan Stiles, Colin Mockerie and Wayne Brady)
Chappell show
Kids in the hall
Snl
Mad Tv
In living color

SCTV wasn’t funny

Forum List

Back