Funemployment

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
San Francisco News - Funemployment: Jobless young San Franciscans are welcoming the worst recession of their lives with open arms. Too bad the party can't last forever. - page 1

For the 'funemployed,' unemployment is welcome - Los Angeles Times
snip,
While millions of Americans struggle to find work as they face foreclosures and bankruptcy, others have found a silver lining in the economic meltdown. These happily jobless tend to be single and in their 20s and 30s. Some were laid off. Some quit voluntarily, lured by generous buyouts.

Is it just me, or is the leftist media all of the sudden trying to downplay unemployment?
Where were the articles like these 6 months ago? Or is unemployment only fashionable now that the democrats control the house, the senate and the presidency?

It's one small view of the unemployment situation.

For some folks, folks for whom employment was a lark, I suppose, and not an absolute necessity, becoming unemployed isn't a big deal.

It's one small view of the unemployment situation.

For some folks, folks for whom employment was a lark, I suppose, and not an absolute necessity, becoming unemployed isn't a big deal.

But did that change with the presidency? Or did the message from the media change?

Or instead of making this out to be some sort of political statement, it could be an article about people in their 20's and early 30's who aren't really worried about the future, but what's in it for the "right now."

Apparently partying is on the agenda!

Or instead of making this out to be some sort of political statement, it could be an article about people in their 20's and early 30's who aren't really worried about the future, but what's in it for the "right now."

And again, when did this change?
Sometimes you have to connect the dots in life to see the whole picture.

Uh, as long as I've been alive.

Uh, as long as I've been alive.

But have you ever seen articles before like the ones I posted? I never have and I've lived through quite a few recessions.

Forum List

Back