Funds for war diverted for earmarks

theHawk

Registered Conservative
Sep 20, 2005
Arizona
What a disgrace.

These shitbags need to be thrown out of office.

Mr. Wheeler, who conducted the study, compared the Obama administration's requests for funds with the $636 billion spending bill that the Senate passed. He discovered that senators added $2.6 billion in pet projects while spending $4 billion less than the administration requested for fiscal 2010, which began Oct. 1.

Mr. Wheeler said that senators took most of the cash for the projects from the "operations and maintenance" or O&M accounts.

"These are the accounts that pay for troop training, repairs, spares and supplies for vehicles, weapons, ships and planes, food and fuel," Mr. Wheeler said.

U.S. troop funds diverted to pet projects - Washington Times

We are still in Afghan and Iraq? I thought they were going to be pulled out when Obama becomes president.

What do you mean still there? We were never there in the first place, same with Iraq. It's all a wag the dog set up. 9/11 and the resulting wars were a ploy by Bush to use the increased funding to line the pockets of the GOPers and their supporters. Now Obama is taking the money and lining the pockest of the DNCers and their supporters. Jeese, some people are so gulible.

This sounds like a good thing to me. Instead of money being spent to kill people it's gonna be spent on something useful here at home. Of course I'm against spending that money in the first place, but at least it's better being spent domestically than overseas.

Darn, no more half-assed, mis-guided military adventures.

What a shame.

Forum List

Back