Fun With Viruses

KittenKoder

Sep 21, 2008
Nowhere
No, not the sicknesses, computer viruses. When I was young and we were first playing with programming we use to write joke viruses to flex our skills. When I say joke I mean joke viruses, harmless but annoying. So anyway, I was thinking of something funny to do and got a great idea for one, back then photos were not stored on computers except by the few geeks I knew so I haven't done this yet. Make one which inverses all the colors on every photo in someones computer.

With the new processors you wouldn't notice while it's happening unless it hit a photo you are just now opening! It would be fun to watch their expressions and so easy to reverse.

No, not the sicknesses, computer viruses. When I was young and we were first playing with programming we use to write joke viruses to flex our skills. When I say joke I mean joke viruses, harmless but annoying. So anyway, I was thinking of something funny to do and got a great idea for one, back then photos were not stored on computers except by the few geeks I knew so I haven't done this yet. Make one which inverses all the colors on every photo in someones computer.

With the new processors you wouldn't notice while it's happening unless it hit a photo you are just now opening! It would be fun to watch their expressions and so easy to reverse.

Some people have just too much time on their hands.... LOL

If you want to write a fun virus, write one that causes no damage, but when you boot up your computer it says "Your government is lying to you".

Please delete my email from your address book.

LOL ... I don't store email addresses online, anyhow, we would play the pranks on each other since we were coders and could repair any damage, I would never do one to actually infect others without their knowledge or being part of that inner circle. That's the difference between a coder and hacker, hackers don't care about anything but making a point or money, while us coders wouldn't break the law or harm those we know.

However, interesting little point, this is actually how many viruses got their start, by exploiting system weaknesses to pull pranks, originally harmless in nature since extremely sensitive data wasn't connected as easily as it is now. They were just twisted by less than nice coders.

If you want to write a fun virus, write one that causes no damage, but when you boot up your computer it says "Your government is lying to you".

Meh, boot messages are too easy. The photo one would easily be repaired, just rerun the virus, so it's harmless. I won't actually write it though, had a few of my own prank already altered by some criminals as it is, don't want more on my conscience.

Shall we play a game?

We've almost gotten that far ... :eusa_shhh:

I so want to write AI again, well, more than just a personal computer can do. I haven't had a powerful machine last long enough since 1990. Hmm ... maybe that's what I'll do, write the real SkyNet ... oooh, that could be fun.

Forum List

Back