Fun Watching Wesminister Dog Show

the new breeds were interesting......we love the dog show....gives us a chance to relax and catch up with pedigreed dogs.....still think mutts are the way to go

I love those mountain dogs, the huskies and the irish setter looks so beautiful running around. I hope my daughter caught it, maybe they'll play it again over the weekend.

i saw that...she co owns the dog with someone...damn that blows me away...co owning a dog.....

she is into chows....i am not much into chows.....they will nail you witout so much as a snarl.....

but she does love her chows

martha was railroaded on that insider trading thing......

i saw that...she co owns the dog with someone...damn that blows me away...co owning a dog.....

she is into chows....i am not much into chows.....they will nail you witout so much as a snarl.....

I heard that about chows. I have a friend who used to have one and whenever I visited, I just left it alone. I was afraid it would bite me. What is up with the blue tongues?

Martha is quite a business woman, she was railroaded.

I watched the first part on Monday but slept the Tuesday. LOL

Some super nice dogs.

I am not a dog person. I have never owned a dog, nor do I think I'll ever own a dog but one can never tell what the future holds. That being said, my husband and I have watched some of every Westminster Dog show for the past 23 years. We love it! We tuned in on Monday night and saw the Toy group. I was more interested in the Herding group but didn't see it. I'd be interested in knowing if it will be repeated over the weekend or if it's available OnDemand.

Yes, she was.

Now tell me how one co-owns a dog when she herself stated the dog lives with her at her home.

I am not a dog person. I have never owned a dog, nor do I think I'll ever own a dog but one can never tell what the future holds. That being said, my husband and I have watched some of every Westminster Dog show for the past 23 years. We love it! We tuned in on Monday night and saw the Toy group. I was more interested in the Herding group but didn't see it. I'd be interested in knowing if it will be repeated over the weekend or if it's available OnDemand.

I found it on USA and I can never find the cable channels on demand. They have primetime on demand and some others. I scanned through the weekend and it isn't on. If I see it, I'll let you know.

My favorites are the working dog. A doberman won that category this year.

The Westminster Kennel Club | 2012 Group Results: WORKING

I really like plain ole mutts but pedigree has it's place in the world. Best in show:

2012 Dog Show - News, Events, Finalists, Dog Breeds & Awards - WestminsterKennelClub.org

I loved every minute of the presentation. Such magnificent looking canines. Best in Show went for the 4th time, to a Pekinese. I have owned 4 of this breed and two were bred for show. My first and favorite of them all, was a cinnamon Peke, pet quality. I prefer pet quality as their overall health is often better as the show dogs are bred for beauty and perfection to the standard without concern for health.

I have known scrupulous breeders who breed with all qualities in mind though, but it is hard to "vet" them...:D

Here is a picture of my two show dogs. It is pretty rare for Whites to have good show qualities, but I found the best, and noooo, I didn't show them, I loved and treated them, as I would kids...

DiorandPia-1.jpg

I really like plain ole mutts but pedigree has it's place in the world. Best in show:

2012 Dog Show - News, Events, Finalists, Dog Breeds & Awards - WestminsterKennelClub.org

I loved every minute of the presentation. Such magnificent looking canines. Best in Show went for the 4th time, to a Pekinese. I have owned 4 of this breed and two were bred for show. My first and favorite of them all, was a cinnamon Peke, pet quality. I prefer pet quality as their overall health is often better as the show dogs are bred for beauty and perfection to the standard without concern for health.

I have known scrupulous breeders who breed with all qualities in mind though, but it is hard to "vet" them...:D

Here is a picture of my two show dogs. It is pretty rare for Whites to have good show qualities, but I found the best, and noooo, I didn't show them, I loved and treated them, as I would kids...

DiorandPia-1.jpg

One of my daughter's dogs is a Pekinese. I don't mean to offend but I have heard that they are not to bright. The one she has is a short hair Pekinese. That winner last night had so much hair!

I like those moppy type dogs maybe they're Spaniels? They just look so comical walking around with all that hair. :)

DiorandPia-1.jpg

One of my daughter's dogs is a Pekinese. I don't mean to offend but I have heard that they are not to bright. The one she has is a short hair Pekinese. That winner last night had so much hair!

I like those moppy type dogs maybe they're Spaniels? They just look so comical walking around with all that hair. :)

The show's commentator said that they are one of the most intelligent breeds, unlike the Irish Setter. I really don't care about the intelligence of a dog, unless the purpose for having the dog would be utilitarian, but do care about their temperment and how that works with mine. Pekes are ferocious little "tiger dogs" as they were dubbed in China as they guarded the gates of the emperors. They WERE larger then with longer noses. My Pekes were all very mellow with fun personlities. Just perfectly suited for my needs.

I have not liked the breeding for coat, as breeders are doing, You can't see their adorable little bodies. I prefer, as my first Peke had, a shorter coat. As did my 4th Peke.

I also loved my Papillon: A red and white, bred for pet quality. He was a bit hyper, though. As are terrier breeds. These dogs need room to run and lots of exercise.

Here's my Pap . One of these also took BIS at Westminster.

Happybest2-1-2.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

DiorandPia-1.jpg

The show's commentator said that they are one of the most intelligent breeds, unlike the Irish Setter. I really don't care about the intelligence of a dog, unless the purpose for having the dog would be utilitarian, but do care about their temperment and how that works with mine. Pekes are ferocious little "tiger dogs" as they were dubbed in China as they guarded the gates of the emperors. They WERE larger then with longer noses. My Pekes were all very mellow with fun personlities. Just perfectly suited for my needs.

I have not liked the breeding for coat, as breeders are doing, You can't see their adorable little bodies. I prefer, as my first Peke had, a shorter coat. As did my 4th Peke.

I also loved my Papillon: A red and white, bred for pet quality. He was a bit hyper, though. As are terrier breeds. These dogs need room to run and lots of exercise.

Happybest2-1-2.jpg
NOTHING can hold a candle to a WIENER dog, EVER. ; )

DiorandPia-1.jpg

Happybest2-1-2.jpg

nice;)

oh...and can you zoom out a bit...:eusa_whistle:

Happybest2-1-2.jpg
NOTHING can hold a candle to a WIENER dog, EVER. ; )

This one placed in his category.

The Westminster Kennel Club | Breed Information: Dachshund (Wirehaired)

I love the Dog Show. It's my favorite TV event (behind the World Series, Super Bowl and NHL playoffs of course..). It's really entertaining! . A few years ago this Bichon Frise won "Best in Show" at Westminster and the dog reacted in a way that made me believe that the dog KNEW he had won..it was incredible. Here is the video- it's truly "must see" TV.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v537VjUwyM]2001 Westminster Dog Show Winner - JR - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back