Fun Survey:The Next Mount Rushmore.Which Four Presidents Would Be On It.Your Most Admired.

Grant , Andrew Jackson, Benjamin Franklin Pierce and William harry Harrison.
we should make one in south chicago, maybe make a very small mountian out of clay? about 8 feet high?for the worst 4 presidents ever,,,who should we put on it?
Hoover, Carter, Obama, and Harding
Hoover sucked.
whos Hoover?

The last president before Trump that was not in the military and never held elective office before becoming President.

Ford was never elected vice president. He replaced Spiro Agnew.

Ford was never elected President. He replaced Richard Nixon when Nixon was forced to resign. He only served the remainder of Nixon's term.

RE-ELECTED means "elected again".

No shit but that has no bearing on him being president again, what world do you live in?

Tell me what would of made it void if he beat Jimmy Carter in 1976 ?

If Ford had beaten Carter in 1976, he would have been ELECTED for the first time, not RE-ELECTED, although it would have been his second term.

I live in a world where people - sadly - haggle over trivial nonsense and are in a desperate need of studying a good dictionary.

I thought you were going to say that

No

We are a constitutional republic

We vote for people who vote on laws and ELECT judges...we elected Nixion ...he nominated Ford to be vice president..

Everyone knows we have the 25th amendment do you?

So, you agree that Gerald Ford was not elected for either the Vice Presidency or the Presidency, but attained both offices by Constitutional fiat.

No we elected Nixion through the Electoral college the vice president stepped down Ford was going to be speaker of house Nixion nominated him VP

Ford became VP , Nixion resigned , he became president that's how it works..

So next are you going to tell us you didn't vote on Trump's tax bill?

Yes you did ...

Ford was the House Minority Leader, like Nancy Pelosi is today. The Republicans controlled neither house of Congress in 1974.

My next four would be: FDR, Ike, LBJ and Reagan. Not a list of my most admired but based on historic impact of our 20th century presidents after Teddy.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back