• Electric

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Corn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Let Al Gore decided

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
Wind, solar, and algae based ethanol.

The Danes are already getting 20% of their energy from wind. The Israelis are building the largest solar power plant in the world which will produce 5% of their energy, and algae can produce 10,000 gallons of ethanol per acre. The technology is already here. We just have to change to it.

I think the future is going to be electric rather that hydrogen. I was holding out hope for hydrogen, but it just doesn't seem like it's going to work.

If eestor is successful with their ultra capacitor, it could decide the direction things will take, at least in near term.

Right now we get Hydrogen from Natural Gas. It is a dirty process and we already need Natural gas for other things. What we need is an efficient way to get Hydrogen from Water.

Yes I know it can be done, but currently you have to put more electricity into it to make Hydrogen then you will ever make from the Hydrogen you get out of it.

not to mention the fact the Hydrogen fueled cars will give off Water Vapor, and as I have pointed out to much of that is a bad thing too.

I think the real future is that thing they are working on in England. I forget the name of it, but basically it uses plasma to recreate the conditions of the Sun inside a chamber and produce abundant cheap power. Problem is they say they are about 50 years from having a viable version of it. What we need is a Manhattan project like international program to speed along this technology.

Right now we get Hydrogen from Natural Gas. It is a dirty process and we already need Natural gas for other things. What we need is an efficient way to get Hydrogen from Water.

Yes I know it can be done, but currently you have to put more electricity into it to make Hydrogen then you will ever make from the Hydrogen you get out of it.

not to mention the fact the Hydrogen fueled cars will give off Water Vapor, and as I have pointed out to much of that is a bad thing too.

I think the real future is that thing they are working on in England. I forget the name of it, but basically it uses plasma to recreate the conditions of the Sun inside a chamber and produce abundant cheap power. Problem is they say they are about 50 years from having a viable version of it. What we need is a Manhattan project like international program to speed along this technology.

Not to mention, we'll be fightin for water instead of other fuel sources. The next thing you know...you're neighbor's dammed up his part of the creek....

Forum List

Back