Fuel or Fraud?

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
The drought might kill the ethanol scam. I don’t expect the tens of thousands of parasites who benefit from this offshoot of environmental crapola to give up their spot at the public trough easily, but at least the bloom is off the rose, or off the corn if you want to annoy environmental freakazoids:

Renewable Fools Standard
By Jed Babbin on 8.6.12 @ 6:10AM
The drought should mean an end to the ethanol subsidy -- the last thing the EPA and Obama will ever surrender.

The American Spectator : Renewable Fools Standard

Irrespective of what happens to ethanol —— a new generation of solar and wind parasites closing in on the tax tub far outnumber the ethanol freeloaders, and that’s not counting the MILLIONS of parasites lining up behind the Affordable Care Act. Hussein will be gone come January 2013, but like Jed Babbin says the ethanol subsidy is the last thing the EPA will surrender. The only way to end all of the environmental scams is to shutdown the EPA.

Right now, the government subsidizes everything that can’t stand on its own in addition to creating industries that will never walk without a government crutch. Ethanol is the least profitable subsidy of all because it is so corrosive it must be shipped overland rather than moving it through cost-efficient pipelines. Think how many additional parasites grabbed seats at the public trough thanks to the corrosion factor?

I must say that ethanol would be good thing if the government pushed ethanol for fuel in every country except the US. Brazil already refines huge quantities of ethanol from sugar cane. More ethanol in foreign countries leaves more petroleum available for our use without drilling for new supplies. Serendipitously, ethanol used everywhere except here lowers the price of crude for Americans while it punishes “ethanol economies.”

Finally, “recoverable” is the least used word in fossil fuel debates. There is so much KNOWN petroleum in the ground the world will never run out. The amount remaining in the ground in known oil fields is about the same as the number of barrels that were recovered to date. Depleted simply means it is too expensive to recover. By the time economically feasible reserves are depleted —— centuries down the road —— the profit motive will have figured out how to recover the petroleum remaining in played-out oil fields.

Solving the recoverable problem is what industry should be working on instead of paying for seats for wind and solar parasites at the public trough. Don’t expect Hussein’s parasites to do it like they do everything else. That’s one problem parasites do not want solved. Let an individual solve the problem and Hussein will play hell taking credit:

There is no "Ethanol Subsidy"! The Ethanol tax break went away when gas was $2.85 a gallon & caused the price of gas to soar to $4 recently. Enjoy the higher prices at the pump & the higher taxes at the pump.

Last edited:
There is no "Ethanol Subsidy"! The Ethanol tax break went away when gas was $2.85 a gallon & caused the price of gas to soar to $4 recently. Enjoy the higher prices at the pump & the higher taxes at the pump.

To KissMy: Subsidies and government funding never, never,never, go away. See how it was done with ethanol in this article:

Ethanol Subsidies: Not Gone, Just Hidden a Little Better
—By Kevin Drum| Thu Jan. 5, 2012 12:34 PM PST

Ethanol Subsidies: Not Gone, Just Hidden a Little Better | Mother Jones

Last edited:
Ethanol from corn was a bad idea and the subsidies should be eliminated. There are far better things to use for making bio-fuels than edible food sources.

To KissMy: Subsidies and government funding never, never,never, go away. See how it was done with ethanol in this article:

Ethanol Subsidies: Not Gone, Just Hidden a Little Better
—By Kevin Drum| Thu Jan. 5, 2012 12:34 PM PST

Ethanol Subsidies: Not Gone, Just Hidden a Little Better | Mother Jones

That article is retarded. Again, there is no Ethanol Subsidy! There use to be lower taxes on ethanol at the pump. But since idiots in congress raised ethanol taxes December 31, 2011 the price you pay for gas & ethanol skyrocketed. Enjoy bending over & taking it up the wallet even more at the pump. Ethanol holds gasoline prices down over $1 a gallon. If you idiots keep on believing the garbage the oil companies keep spewing & ban ethanol, gas price will increase another $1 a gallon to stay permanently over $5 a gallon. Ethanol plants produce more feed called Distillers Dried Grains (DDG) than all our cattle, pigs & chickens in the USA can eat. Ethanol does not drive up food prices. The USA produces more ethanol & produce it cheaper than any country on earth while we also export corn, DDG & ethanol to other countries.

Note the price spike in gasoline at the pump when taxes were raised on ethanol on December 31, 2011. Enjoy the higher prices you tax & spend idiots!
6850342837_7d876e7f15_b.jpg

Last edited:
40% of our corn crop is diverted to ethanol production. We make so much of it that 20% of supplies are exported. From day one it was an idea borne of Agriculture's desire to sell more corn. Period. Methanol worked. There was no need to replace it.

40% of our corn crop is diverted to ethanol production. We make so much of it that 20% of supplies are exported. From day one it was an idea borne of Agriculture's desire to sell more corn. Period. Methanol worked. There was no need to replace it.

To Mr. H.: The EPA dictates ethanol production to advance sick environmental ideoogy; so you conclude parasitism works! Unreal.

Flanders either owns oil stocks or is an idiot who loves higher gas prices.

To KissMy: Ethanol increases prices at the pump because it adds another step to refining the product the consumer buys. It’s simple economics. If you can show that refinery charges are not passed along to the consumer I’ll take another look at your position.

Incidentally, you obviously have no use for the petroleum industry, while you apparently love corporate farms.

I own oil reserves and even I think he's a tad wack.

To Mr. H. I don’t care what you own. One way or another you are a parasite benefitting financially from ethanol. Nobody in America except the parasite class and brain dead environmental freakazoids can possibly think ethanol is necessary or a good thing.

I own oil reserves and even I think he's a tad wack.

And what gives you the impression that I think ethanol is necessary or even a good thing?

To Mr. H. It’s more than an impression. The fact that you think I’m “. . . a tad wack.” because I want to eliminate the EPA’s interference in industry. Eliminating government-imposed ethanol is but one objection to the EPA’s interference.

Also, there is not a whit of difference between the EPA imposing methanol and imposing ethanol on private industry. Both are environmental frauds designed to send tax dollars to parasites in various disguises. You should be agreeing with me unless you have a vested interest in methanol, or even worse —— you're an environmental wacko.

Using food for fuel is definately a dumb idea, and a moral disaster. However, far from being a 'lefty' suppoorted idea, have a look at the voting record of the senators and states that support the ethanol industry.

Forum List

Back