Fucking Spiders!

Spiders that catch birds, frogs, BATS, arrrrggggg

There are even some breeds that will lay their eggs in corpses of large animals, like cattle. One creature that does creep me out though ... worms. Some of those breeds live in the living animals and devour from the inside out.

Fear of spiders is unwarranted. They are not out to get you.

I have a friend that had a pet tarantula for several years. (So this thread is not out of place.) She'd let it crawl all over her and any guest willing to sit still for it.

Here's a black one I caught in the driveway.
PICT0012.jpg

Here's another that had built a web using one the the antennae on my truck. I have several photos in a sequence wherein it rushed from the center of its web and went out of the viewfinder. I thought it was going to crawl up my arm. It was going after the Yellow Jacket that had just hit the web as I was focusing for another shot.
spiderattack2.jpg

...and here it is having breakfast.
PICT0040.jpg

Voltaire is said to have said that he learned patience by watching spiders. I suppose that's one thing they're good for.

Actually, no, it is warranted, the fear of anything poisonous is actually. Only by conditioning ourselves to resist the instinct can we break it. Fact is, spider poison does not usually kill us (some species can but not most), but the allergic reaction our species has can kill us. As well as the infection. The instinct to stay clear of this manifests as fear.

Fear of spiders is unwarranted. They are not out to get you.

I have a friend that had a pet tarantula for several years. (So this thread is not out of place.) She'd let it crawl all over her and any guest willing to sit still for it.

Here's a black one I caught in the driveway.
PICT0012.jpg

Here's another that had built a web using one the the antennae on my truck. I have several photos in a sequence wherein it rushed from the center of its web and went out of the viewfinder. I thought it was going to crawl up my arm. It was going after the Yellow Jacket that had just hit the web as I was focusing for another shot.
spiderattack2.jpg

...and here it is having breakfast.
PICT0040.jpg

Voltaire is said to have said that he learned patience by watching spiders. I suppose that's one thing they're good for.
If I found that in my driveway I would move and I wouldn't charge him rent.

god damn spiders are on steroids this year. I just had an encounter with two of them on the stairs.
I am so fucking done with spiders!

Forum List

Back