Fuck the NTSB... I'm using my Bluetooth regardless of what Congress does...

Hey...I don't care if you do use your cell phones... in fact, let's repeal the DUI laws too. With one exception...If you kill someone their families can sue your miserable life out of existence.

We have laws regarding liability and murder. Could I support hefty penalties if you do kill someone or injure someone because you're using your cell phone, sure. Do I support telling people what they can and cannot do with their own cell phone in their own vehicle? No. You're responsable for what you do... and if you kill someone because of your own stupidity you ought to face the consequences.

Hey...I don't care if you do use your cell phones... in fact, let's repeal the DUI laws too. With one exception...If you kill someone their families can sue your miserable life out of existence.

We have laws regarding liability and murder. Could I support hefty penalties if you do kill someone or injure someone because you're using your cell phone, sure. Do I support telling people what they can and cannot do with their own cell phone in their own vehicle? No. You're responsable for what you do... and if you kill someone because of your own stupidity you ought to face the consequences.

What about the people who get killed minding their own business walking down the street? Their safety isn't a concern, but a driver's freedom to do what he wants inside his car IS? That makes no sense.

First, it's a safety issue. Drivers - especially teens - are way too distracted with their cell phones. Just talking on a phone while driving (let alone texting) is dangerous. Second, it's a non binding recommendation. Ultimately, it'll be up to individual states if they want such legislation.

It's being submitted to congress for a national ban. It's ludicrous. Talking on my phone first and foremost is my freedom. Secondly are they also going to ban me from talking to a passenger, singing along to a song I like, eating, applying makeup for the girls, eating, looking at scenery, reprimanding kids, or any other distracting activity?

Fuck it, just ban me from leaving my bedroom because an accident might even happen in the kitchen or on my front steps.

Fuckin Nazi state bullshit.

"The recommendation, which isn't binding but which is likely to influence the decisions of Congress and state legislatures in writing new safety laws, makes only two exceptions: You could still use GPS navigation devices, and you could use your cell phone in an emergency."

So it's just a waste of time by Congress.....again?
Lord knows we have a money tree the Congress can harvest in these issues. :D

Forum List

Back