FTR: The weed is a gateway drug argument is BS.

It's an easy breakdown. That guy on the couch is ALWAYS there. The guy that never has any weed but knows where to get some he can help you smoke is always there. Then there's Mr Deep-Meaningful Philosphical giving a dissertation on the cosmos. There's always the guy bitching about how the joint is rolled no matter who rolled it. Usually a couple or two making out in the corners. The wannabe-drummer's jammin to Boston with a couple of pencils. Someone's trying to bum Visine cuz they have to go home.

Oh, I almost left our the expert on how to smoke from bong who is determined to teach each and every person how to do it correctly.

Miss anyone?

Which one are you? :eusa_think:

Then there's Mr Deep-Meaningful Philosphical giving a dissertation on the cosmos.
<blockquote><i>"Man, get this: What if our solar system is like a molecule in the toenail of a giant...and what if that giant lives on a planet, in a solar system that's like a molecule in the toenail...."</i></blockquote>

Groovy.

It's an easy breakdown. That guy on the couch is ALWAYS there. The guy that never has any weed but knows where to get some he can help you smoke is always there. Then there's Mr Deep-Meaningful Philosphical giving a dissertation on the cosmos. There's always the guy bitching about how the joint is rolled no matter who rolled it. Usually a couple or two making out in the corners. The wannabe-drummer's jammin to Boston with a couple of pencils. Someone's trying to bum Visine cuz they have to go home.

Oh, I almost left our the expert on how to smoke from bong who is determined to teach each and every person how to do it correctly.

Miss anyone?

Yup. The guy who knows how to smoke in public restrooms (like say at a movie theater) without making it smell. :eusa_shifty:

One person was on here claiming that weed is actually better than alcohol because it doesn't impair your driving ability/motor skills like alcohol. I'd only pay for that weak shit once. That paranoid twit in the left-hand lane doing 20 with a death grip on the wheel isn't causing any problem at all.:rolleyes:

And we've ALL seen "that guy" at the party sitting immobile on the sofa that can't even speak. Going to let HIM drive? I think not.

Just for your edification manifold ... I have absolutely no problem with the legalization of marijuana. I just thought I'd try out being a contrarian asshole like you.:cool:

Hey now you cantankerous asshole. I'd rather have the guy locked on the couch drive me home than the guy who just finished his 3rd keg stand and now is considering that it was a bad idea to take those last 2 shots of jim bean in the bathroom with the slut with blue eyeliner.

Miss anyone?

You left out

The passed-out girl who just finished her third rum and coke who just wants to make out until she passes out in your bed and leaves you with a herniating case of blue balls.
and
The moocher. The moocher is the guy or girl that somehow has a 6th sense for smoke. Once the immediate party thins out to a smoking room, they sense something is up and comes running to find their "friends". Concidentally, they stumble into the room saying "is that pot? I haven't smoked in so long, can I get a hit?", never to be denied by the host of the party.

Miss anyone?

HA!

I KNOW those guys!

I'll add to the list:

The guy who JUST QUITE smoking so he can't buy a sack.... but you see him sneaking hits in the powow circle and insists that he will quite for good tomorrow. HA!

I HATE that guy.

I don't really care if it is a gateway drug or not. People who want to do harm to their bodies, if they're adults, should be allowed to do so in general.

I agree with the basic premise of the thread. I don't think that someone who smokes weed suddenly becomes more likely to seek out other more harmful drugs. Rather that being a cause, I see weed as being a necessary condition.

In other words, smoking a joint isn't going to compell you to do heroine. But someone who's afraid to smoke weed will almost certainly be afraid to experiment with the more dangerous drugs. You have to be okay with marjiuana to even consider going further.

I don't see it as a "gateway" drug either. But... I think we can acknowledge that someone who is amenable to trying drugs in the first place is more likely to trying other drugs.

But I don't think there's any support for saying that someone who gets high is also going to run out and do crystal meth.

Which one are you? :eusa_think:

None. I forgot to mention "me." I never really fit those molds. I was always doing crazy shit that required actual physical motion. Stoners aren't a whole lot into that. There were always a few of "me" around but we usually left such parties in seach of alternative, usually-dangerous as well as stupid entertainment.

<blockquote><i>"Man, get this: What if our solar system is like a molecule in the toenail of a giant...and what if that giant lives on a planet, in a solar system that's like a molecule in the toenail...."</i></blockquote>

Groovy.

But all you had to do to shut him up was ask "Why?"

He would look at you all disgusted-like with that "YOU don't know?" look and walk away. Or it would screw his head up so bad thinking about it he'd go into a coma on the spot.

Hey now you cantankerous asshole. I'd rather have the guy locked on the couch drive me home than the guy who just finished his 3rd keg stand and now is considering that it was a bad idea to take those last 2 shots of jim bean in the bathroom with the slut with blue eyeliner.

I'd rather just walk myself than put my life in either of their hands.

None. I forgot to mention "me." I never really fit those molds. I was always doing crazy shit that required actual physical motion. Stoners aren't a whole lot into that. There were always a few of "me" around but we usually left such parties in seach of alternative, usually-dangerous as well as stupid entertainment.

Cow tipping?

You left out

The passed-out girl who just finished her third rum and coke who just wants to make out until she passes out in your bed and leaves you with a herniating case of blue balls.
and
The moocher. The moocher is the guy or girl that somehow has a 6th sense for smoke. Once the immediate party thins out to a smoking room, they sense something is up and comes running to find their "friends". Concidentally, they stumble into the room saying "is that pot? I haven't smoked in so long, can I get a hit?", never to be denied by the host of the party.

Nah ... I got the "mooch." I just chose a different one of this multi-faceted individual's attributes -- he can always find a bag YOU can buy then smoke together. He is quite the talented guy, really. He can find you no matter where you are EVEN IF you're specifically hiding from HIM. That was Jimmy.

He ALWAYS has papers, roach clip and pipe, things people with weed for some reason are notriously slack about having; thereby, in his mind justifiying his right to partake.

He can hand roll a joint as fat and tight as a cigarette but no one with any thought to their weed would let that guy hold the bag for even a second. He's got more ways to make a nice-sized pinch disappear right before your eyes than a Metro cop.

He "salts" the right people. About once every few months he'll show up when the crowd is small (down to 1 or 2) and reach into his front pocket and produce a bent up, wrinkled-up pinner and proceed to spend 5 minutes smoothing it all out in front of you, prolonging the moment that yes, HE is in posession and providing some goods.

Yeah, I think I knew that guy ...:rofl:

Nah ... I got the "mooch." I just chose a different one of this multi-faceted individual's attributes -- he can always find a bag YOU can buy then smoke together. He is quite the talented guy, really. He can find you no matter where you are EVEN IF you're specifically hiding from HIM. That was Jimmy.

He ALWAYS has papers, roach clip and pipe, things people with weed for some reason are notriously slack about having; thereby, in his mind justifiying his right to partake.

He can hand roll a joint as fat and tight as a cigarette but no one with any thought to their weed would let that guy hold the bag for even a second. He's got more ways to make a nice-sized pinch disappear right before your eyes than a Metro cop.

He "salts" the right people. About once every few months he'll show up when the crowd is small (down to 1 or 2) and reach into his front pocket and produce a bent up, wrinkled-up pinner and proceed to spend 5 minutes smoothing it all out in front of you, prolonging the moment that yes, HE is in posession and providing some goods.

Yeah, I think I knew that guy ...:rofl:

ahahahahaha, that's perfect.

I'm the same type as you. I don't like to waste away a solid party on the couch. Usually I try to mack on a few girls. Fall on my face trying. Then drink myself stupid and try to climb stuff, race stuff, or break stuff. I'm usually successful. :cool:

Forum List

Back