FTC: What are Firefox Addons?

This does.

Safari Cookies :: Safari Add-ons

You have a whitelist that only allows cookies from the sites you OK.

If you want to block Google from tracking you across the net they are kind enough to tell you how.

Opting out permanently: Browser Instructions - Advertising Cookie Opt-out Plugin
Thanks, I'm trying "Safari cookies" now and I'll check it with MacScan to see if any tracking cookies get past it.

As far as the Google tracking opt-out, I have my security set as they recommend and yet google still tries to track me.

Instructions for Safari
While we don't yet have a Safari version of the Google advertising cookie opt-out plugin, Safari is set by default to block all third-party cookies. If you have not changed those settings, this option effectively accomplishes the same thing as setting the opt-out cookie. To confirm that Safari is set up to block third-party cookies, do the following:
From Safari, select "Safari" in the menu bar, and then select "Preferences"
In the Preferences Dialog Box, select the "Security" tab
Make sure the "Accept cookies:" setting is set to "Only from sites you navigate to". You can also set this option to "Never", but this will prevent many web sites that rely on cookies from working.

Attempting and succeeding are two different things.
That's right, google succeeds with Safari set as they recommend, it takes MacScan to remove the tracking cookies.

Forum List

Back