Fsck yea!

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
Still, as researcher John Rogers of the University of Illinois points out, LEDs are brittle, meaning they can't be bent into different shapes. Well, no more, thanks to his new invention. He and his team have put tiny LEDs, each one smaller than the tip of a pen, on flexible electronic sheets. These sheets can be stretched and twisted up to 720 degrees without any loss in LED function, and they can hold up under soapy water or even underneath the skin, which they demonstrated by implant one sheet under the skin of mice.

Bored By Non-Glowing Skin? Ultra-Flexible, Waterproof LED Implants Are What You Seek | Popular Science
Am I the only one whose first thought was the various patterns that could be implanted and match other body mods?

Tracing the major arteries, perhaps?

Still, as researcher John Rogers of the University of Illinois points out, LEDs are brittle, meaning they can't be bent into different shapes. Well, no more, thanks to his new invention. He and his team have put tiny LEDs, each one smaller than the tip of a pen, on flexible electronic sheets. These sheets can be stretched and twisted up to 720 degrees without any loss in LED function, and they can hold up under soapy water or even underneath the skin, which they demonstrated by implant one sheet under the skin of mice.

Bored By Non-Glowing Skin? Ultra-Flexible, Waterproof LED Implants Are What You Seek | Popular Science
Am I the only one whose first thought was the various patterns that could be implanted and match other body mods?

Tracing the major arteries, perhaps?

I am thinking Logan's Run. Identify.

Forum List

Back