Fry the bitch already

Rambunctious

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2010
I wish they would hurry up and fry that Anthony babe so the state run media can get back to REAL NEWS!

it would be nice to find out the truth

The only hard truths is that the little girl is dead, and mommy is, regardless of if she did it nor not, an irresponsible asshat.

I dont see a conviction happening, the longer the trial the more you confuse the jury of your "peers".

She deserves a vigorous defense...she is still an American citizen.
However - we deserve better from news outlets that carry the story 24/7.

I have no issue with the defense doing everything it can to win, my issue is with the usual jury pool we get, basically people not quick enough to get out of jury duty.

To have trial by jury work we need people to take it seriously, and have as wide a spectrum as possible on juries, not just the unemployed, the retired, and the bored.

I have no issue with the defense doing everything it can to win, my issue is with the usual jury pool we get, basically people not quick enough to get out of jury duty.

To have trial by jury work we need people to take it seriously, and have as wide a spectrum as possible on juries, not just the unemployed, the retired, and the bored.

Maybe we need professional juries, it would be a nice job.

Maybe we need professional juries, it would be a nice job.

Not sure how good of an idea that would be either. we would effectively turn all trials into trial by judge(s). Its an interesting concept, but I could see how it would be corrupted.

i am shocked he is watching it...but he is....says there is just too much circumstantial evidence...i dont know what he will do when its over....

I suspect that the jury will refuse to return a murder conviction. A lesser count, perhaps. Or possibly an acquittal even. But if there's no top count conviction, then the death penalty is off the table.

If she did it (assuming she gets a manslaughter conviction and let's go so far as to speculate that she deliberately murdered her own little girl), the death penalty is too good for her anyway. I just hope there's an image of her precious innocent victim -- always outside of her reach but always within her field of vision -- wherever they put her in prison, for every day of her term.

Florida and Texas best states in the union.
If you kill someone...they'll kill you back.

Interesting. She deserves a defense, yes. But not a multi-million trial that is paid for by taxpayers. The state (taxpayers) pays the salaries of judges, Attorneys General, staff (such as bailiffs, paralegals, secretaries, etc. On top of this the state has to pick up the entire tab for anything and everything for the defense lawyer. The "DC Sniper" case was VERY pricey for the taxpayers. And Anthony's trial is going to be the same way.

You have an questionable impression of who and what jurors are. First, a large pool of candidates are printed out and looked at by attorneys and/or paralegals. Much of the "don't wants" are culled out and then the jury list goes to the courtroom where each juror is questioned as to name, address, relationship to the defendant if any, their prejudices that might cloud or influence their decisions. Attorneys have a stated number of juror exclusions, so based on the questioning or other factor both the prosecution and defense accept or reject until all exclusions are used up and they have their 12 jurors. Jurors come from all walks of life - housewives, senior citizens, Wall St. brokers, janitors, business professionals, etc. Jurors are generally very smart and can usually see through fog.

My thoughts on the Casey Anthony matter is that the defense has no case, so he's grasping at every straw he can find to confuse and create reasonable doubt in the jurors' minds. As I understand it, defense counsel has only been practicing law for a short period of time and this is his first serious criminal case. If I were on that jury I would find guilty - based on evidence and the behavior of Anthony ... and a pretty good helping of being pissed at the defense lawyer's bull shit. I'm already pissed at him and I'm just watching TV - how many days has this circus been going on now - 34 or 35?

One thing I will say - that Judge is awesome. He's definitely been on top of things with no trace of prejudice for either side.

Interesting. She deserves a defense, yes. But not a multi-million trial that is paid for by taxpayers. The state (taxpayers) pays the salaries of judges, Attorneys General, staff (such as bailiffs, paralegals, secretaries, etc. On top of this the state has to pick up the entire tab for anything and everything for the defense lawyer. The "DC Sniper" case was VERY pricey for the taxpayers. And Anthony's trial is going to be the same way.

You have an questionable impression of who and what jurors are. First, a large pool of candidates are printed out and looked at by attorneys and/or paralegals. Much of the "don't wants" are culled out and then the jury list goes to the courtroom where each juror is questioned as to name, address, relationship to the defendant if any, their prejudices that might cloud or influence their decisions. Attorneys have a stated number of juror exclusions, so based on the questioning or other factor both the prosecution and defense accept or reject until all exclusions are used up and they have their 12 jurors. Jurors come from all walks of life - housewives, senior citizens, Wall St. brokers, janitors, business professionals, etc. Jurors are generally very smart and can usually see through fog.

My thoughts on the Casey Anthony matter is that the defense has no case, so he's grasping at every straw he can find to confuse and create reasonable doubt in the jurors' minds. As I understand it, defense counsel has only been practicing law for a short period of time and this is his first serious criminal case. If I were on that jury I would find guilty - based on evidence and the behavior of Anthony ... and a pretty good helping of being pissed at the defense lawyer's bull shit. I'm already pissed at him and I'm just watching TV - how many days has this circus been going on now - 34 or 35?

One thing I will say - that Judge is awesome. He's definitely been on top of things with no trace of prejudice for either side.

i've sat on two juries, and I wasnt very impressed with my co-jurors.

The costs of a trial are what the government is supposed to cover, as a person is entilted to a fair trial, and competent representation.

Forum List

Back