Frustration grows among migrants in Mexico as support fades

iceberg

Diamond Member
May 15, 2017

quite a telling paragraph:

“What causes me pain is that the baby asks me for food and there are days when I can’t provide it,” said Mendoza, who fled Honduras with almost no money because she feared for her life after receiving threats from the father of her son. “I thought that with the baby, people would help me on road.”

many have said babies are used to garner sympathy and that will encourage people to "use" them in order to make the trek. here she flat says she's using the baby to garner said sympathy and support to take care of a child after putting said child in a position where she obviously can't care for said child properly.

and how does this constituted "asylum" again? oh. it doesn't. making all of it a lie and a sympathy ploy the left milks every chance they get, yet offers zero help for stopping people from doing such things.

“What causes me pain is that the baby asks me for food and there are days when I can’t provide it,” said Mendoza, who fled Honduras with almost no money because she feared for her life after receiving threats from the father of her son. “I thought that with the baby, people would help me on road.”

many have said babies are used to garner sympathy and that will encourage people to "use" them in order to make the trek. here she flat says she's using the baby to garner said sympathy and support to take care of a child after putting said child in a position where she obviously can't care for said child properly.

and how does this constituted "asylum" again? oh. it doesn't. making all of it a lie and a sympathy ploy the left milks every chance they get, yet offers zero help for stopping people from doing such things.
Perfect fodder for the party of free stuff.

Perfect fodder for the party of free stuff.
well they're coming cause they want a better life. i get that. we all do. but to skirt around laws isn't the way. to drag a child across mexico naked and w/o the ability to care for said child is reckless endangerment. if ANYONE In the US did this to their kids they'd be in jail in no time at all and the left would cry out for their heads on a platter for child endangerment.

yet for this - how dare we even think of prosecution?

We have our own we don't take care of. Allowing more in is senseless
and i think the left is starting to finally understand that mantra. cher and a few others are finally saying "hey, enough. we can't care for our own as it is".

i'm all for them getting "woke" in this manner and won't begin to mock them or pretend they've gone full right. they came to a realization many on the right find common sense and that's a good thing. let people start finding that common ground again and encourage it, not mock it.

Cry me a river.

These people aren't our responsibility nor should they be.

They need to go back to wherever they came from.

and i think the left is starting to finally understand that mantra. cher and a few others are finally saying "hey, enough. we can't care for our own as it is".

i'm all for them getting "woke" in this manner and won't begin to mock them or pretend they've gone full right. they came to a realization many on the right find common sense and that's a good thing. let people start finding that common ground again and encourage it, not mock it.
I do not trust at all that if immigrants weren't coming that we would suddenly begin taking care of our own. I have read WAY too many Republicans on here that believe it is not their responsibility to help anyone but themselves.
The one does not necessarily follow the other.

I do not trust at all that if immigrants weren't coming that we would suddenly begin taking care of our own. I have read WAY too many Republicans on here that believe it is not their responsibility to help anyone but themselves.
it would fit that scenario if we lived in and only paid attention to the extremes, sure. but do you agree with extreme left viewpoints? all of 'em? would you want someone to claim you do because you hold *some* of them important to you and your own views?

that's the culture we live in anymore. i disagree with you on 1 point, i agree with all you don't agree with and we instantly demonize each other vs. look for a deeper / different understanding.

while i 100% agree that we would start taking care of our own if we stopped ALL immigration, but can we stop the illegal stuff? is that ok? can we at least try? work to discourage it?

i hear what you hear, yes. many on the right do say "take care of yourself" but what i don't hear is "we won't take care of you at all". that is placed there as a reaction to what they do say.

i'm conservative. i feel people should by and large work to take care of themselves and live within any means they choose to work for. if you want more in life, find a way to earn it. i don't feel people are "entitled" to much other than opportunity.

however not being entitled doesn't mean we shouldn't still help. we should. we all should. but when does help become a way of life for some? is a universal income helping or simply giving more entitlement to people? so the question seldom is "do we help" but rather HOW MUCH we choose to do so.

so let me just ask - should we help/encourage people to bring children they can't care for on a several thousand mile trip where they won't be able to care for kids and MUST rely on others to cover their choices?

She thought "wrong" not our fault! America has no obligation to admit this woman or any other simply because they don't like the way their life has turned out or because their govt doesn't give them free shit ! Go back and work it out with baby daddy and garner the support of your family to raise your child. Coming here does nothing to make her safe when her baby daddy can just dance across the border behind her. It's bull and everyone knows it. :fu:

people see kids and want to help - attacking anyone who would be abusing them in their mind. yet they give carte blanche to whoever happens to be holding onto the child at the time. we never stop to think that child is just a prop and in most cases, not related to whoever is holding them for a photo-op.

Hundreds of Immigrant Children Have Been Taken From Parents at U.S. Border
Coyotes: The Smugglers That Bring Kids To The Border
Mexico drug gangs using more children as "mules" - CBS News
Mexico cartels recruit children to smuggle people to US
Border Children Tell Their Stories: Why We Came to the US

the sad part is when they do finally get here, they simply become props for our political warfare and no one is really trying to help fix the problem, just blame the other side that it exists.

That's crap. I'm a conservative (not a republican) and I'm pro taking care of those that honestly need help and put my pocket book where my mouth is as well as my time.

The left thinks the almighty government should be responsible so I basically get hit twice

I'm all for helping Americans but not keen on invaders coming here illegally to sponge off me

it would fit that scenario if we lived in and only paid attention to the extremes, sure. but do you agree with extreme left viewpoints? all of 'em? would you want someone to claim you do because you hold *some* of them important to you and your own views?

that's the culture we live in anymore. i disagree with you on 1 point, i agree with all you don't agree with and we instantly demonize each other vs. look for a deeper / different understanding.

while i 100% agree that we would start taking care of our own if we stopped ALL immigration, but can we stop the illegal stuff? is that ok? can we at least try? work to discourage it?

i hear what you hear, yes. many on the right do say "take care of yourself" but what i don't hear is "we won't take care of you at all". that is placed there as a reaction to what they do say.

i'm conservative. i feel people should by and large work to take care of themselves and live within any means they choose to work for. if you want more in life, find a way to earn it. i don't feel people are "entitled" to much other than opportunity.

however not being entitled doesn't mean we shouldn't still help. we should. we all should. but when does help become a way of life for some? is a universal income helping or simply giving more entitlement to people? so the question seldom is "do we help" but rather HOW MUCH we choose to do so.

so let me just ask - should we help/encourage people to bring children they can't care for on a several thousand mile trip where they won't be able to care for kids and MUST rely on others to cover their choices?

The answer to you question is ….. Build a really effective barrier between America and Mexico and monitor it extensively and Vigilantly. When immigrant are caught crossing illegally send them back to the first Country they entered after fleeing to seek asylum. We need to uphold the Law also ! Then bar their re-entry and requests for Asylum forever. Do it right or get banned for life we don't need to pacify criminals.:no_text11:

Cry me a river.

These people aren't our responsibility nor should they be.

They need to go back to wherever they came from.
Why did the idiot have a baby anyway ? OH I forgot. These assholes
Signs%20of%20the%20Times%202.jpg

The answer to you question is ….. Build a really effective barrier between America and Mexico and monitor it extensively and Vigilantly. When immigrant are caught crossing illegally send them back to the first Country they entered after fleeing to seek asylum. We need to uphold the Law also ! Then bar their re-entry and requests for Asylum forever. Do it right or get banned for life we don't need to pacify criminals.:no_text11:
yea. we're going to all agree to this and problem solved.

what WAS congress thinking?

If we did not give some expedited entry to those with children we would not have children at the border. I have no sympathy for the invaders or their children

If we did not give some expedited entry to those with children we would not have children at the border. I have no sympathy for the invaders or their children
agreed. they're using children for an emotional gain and we give it to them. hence, many are enabling the abuse of children by not drawing up a policy to stop it.

------------------------------------ even if true , that reasoning should not in any way affect the Americans in keeping the invaders where they belong OldLady .

------------------------------------ even if true , that reasoning should not in any way affect the Americans in keeping the invaders where they belong OldLady .
well i agree with her that they are separate issues. take away illegals we're not going to suddenly focus on our own homeless.

well i agree with her that they are separate issues. take away illegals we're not going to suddenly focus on our own homeless.
---------------------------------- so what as you make ASSUMPTIONS Iceberg .

Forum List

Back