Frustrated Owner Bulldozes Home Ahead Of Foreclosure

The problem is that the bank denied him a potential sale of the house that he had lined up, which would have fulfilled the remaining liability on the debt.

I'd probably fucking bulldoze the house TOO.

FUCK that shit.

Your obligation is to pay the loan off. He had that lined up, and the bank just said "no".

Considering the state of mind some people are in these days over the economy, and the actions of banks, the bank ought to consider themselves damn LUCKY that's ALL he did.

Well now he still has the loan to pay off and nothing to own but an empty lot. That showed them, right?
The bank is foreclosing. And in fact, they won't let him sell the house at a price he already got, because they think they can get a better price on their own.

So it doesn't appear as though he's going to be liable for anything. The worst that happens is he loses his house and his credit is fucked.

There are banks suing people for damages when they strip their houses. What do you think this bank will do?

I just don't know if it will matter because i don't know if the guy is judgment proof anyway.

As someone said before, the guy's judgment proof so he might as well screw the bank if he can. Shame it wasn't a mobile home...he could have just driven it off a cliff :)

I never knew that a bank could stop you from selling the home you're paying off. Not doubting it, just never knew they had a say in the matter.

It was still HIS property. It wasn't foreclosed. He still owned it.

When you own a home, you can bulldoze it if you want. That's not against the law. :D

I think it is is a violation of standard mortgages to destroy the mortgaged property.

As someone said before, the guy's judgment proof so he might as well screw the bank if he can. Shame it wasn't a mobile home...he could have just driven it off a cliff :)

I never knew that a bank could stop you from selling the home you're paying off. Not doubting it, just never knew they had a say in the matter.

If it has already entered into foreclosure they can.

all that fine print about what can happen if you default on your mortgage payments.

The problem is that the bank denied him a potential sale of the house that he had lined up, which would have fulfilled the remaining liability on the debt.

I'd probably fucking bulldoze the house TOO.

FUCK that shit.

Your obligation is to pay the loan off. He had that lined up, and the bank just said "no".

Considering the state of mind some people are in these days over the economy, and the actions of banks, the bank ought to consider themselves damn LUCKY that's ALL he did.

Yeah, I love what this guy did, but the fact remains that since the bank owns the deed, they get to make the determination. I would imagine the mortgage contract reflects this. Most do.
Why do you love it? He broke his contract and destroyed property that he didn't have the right to destroy.

He should have just walked away.

I've never heard of a bank telling someone they can't sell their house, when it would mean complete repayment of the loan.

That's just flat out fucking the homeowner over, and I see zero reason for doing such a thing.

The guy had half the loan already repaid. He was a GOOD CUSTOMER!

Like I said, they ought to consider themselves lucky he didn't grab an uzi and go spray the corporate offices up.

or perhaps you aren't getting the whole story???

because generally the bank would have no problem with a pre-foreclosure sale.

Geez. People are really starting to lose it. So sad

well, they have the constant din of loons in their head telling them that it's time to "take arms".

this is the progeny of that type of self-serving, ill-conceived propaganda.

I'm having a hard time hearing that din...

They're being drowned out by the loons telling us to relax because the economy is getting better and better every day and we really can afford that new healthcare plan...

I wonder why he didn't set his business up as an s-corporation to avoid linking his home and business.

Also, he spent tons of money on lawyers, he claims. Why didn't he just pay his bills?

Forum List

Back