Front-Runner, Here!!!

Cheer up...Brett Gardner might top .240 if he finishes strong!

The Yankees do not have a .300 hitter. (Leader is Andujar, .299 average.)

I was a Derek Jeter fan up to the day he accepted the ball back from this fan....

"For Christian Lopez, the 23-year-old fan who came up with Jeter’s 3,000th hit at Yankee Stadium on Saturday, the ramifications of his gift from above are as American as baseball, hot dogs and taxes.

“There’s different ways the I.R.S. could try to characterize a ball caught by a fan in the stands,” said Andrew D. Appleby, a tax associate at the Sutherland Asbill & Brennan law firm in New York who has written about the tax implications of souvenir baseballs. “But when the Yankees give him all those things, it’s much more clear-cut that he owes taxes on what they give him.”"
Fan May Owe Taxes For Claiming Jeter’s 3,000th Hit

Jeter.....a millionaire, should have signed the ball and given it right back to Lopez.

Now......snatching Stanton.......Karma.

Hope Jeter made some investments, because he has a humongous house in a very high tax area. I can't ever see a need for having that big of a house.

Puttin' in my Christmas wish....

"Yankees Now Need to Go All Out to Acquire Corey Kluber

Now that the Indians are reportedly getting ready to sell off a lot of their roster, many teams are going to be interested in the abundance of talent Cleveland has to offer. One man that has surely already picked up the phone is Yankees GM Brian Cashman.

The two-time Cy Young winner is available in trade talks and the Yankees should do anything they can in order to acquire him. Imagine pairing Kluber, who has a career 3.09 ERA, with All-Stars like Luis Severino and free agent Patrick Corbin at the front of the rotation? The thought alone should prompt Cashman to get the deal done before the weekend is over.

New York is one of the few teams that can afford to pull off such a trade. Their farm system is overflowing with talent and it wouldn't hurt the Yankees to part with a few prospects if it means getting them closer to usurping the Sox in the AL East."
Yankees Now Need to Go All Out to Acquire Corey Kluber

YANKEES GET
COREY KLUBER

INDIANS GET
JUSTUS SHEFFIELD, ESTEVAN FLORIAL AND CHANCE ADAMS
MLB Trade Rumors: How the Yankees can acquire Corey Kluber or Carlos Carrasco

Be still my heart!!!!!

"The Yankees Snapped Up This Offseason’s Best Pitcher
The Yankees acquired left-handed pitcher James Paxton from the Seattle Mariners on Monday evening for a package of three prospects. While he might not be a household name outside the Pacific Northwest, he offers the Yankees the potential for a second legit ace alongside Luis Severino.

Paxton ranks near the top of the leaderboard in nearly every rate statistic that indicates pitcher dominance. Since his breakout 2017 season, Paxton ranks sixth in the majors in strikeouts per nine innings (11.1) among pitchers who have thrown at least 150 innings, sixth in strikeout percentage minus walk percentage (23.8 percent) and eighth in wins above replacement per 200 innings (5.7) — a rough measure of what a healthy starting pitcher might provide over a full season — trailing starters Chris Sale, Max Scherzer, Jacob deGrom, Corey Kluber, Noah Syndergaard and Severino, plus reliever Blake Treinen, who got a lot of work in last year. In other words, the elite of the elite. He ranks seventh since 2017 in fielding-independent pitching (2.95), which is scaled like ERA but factors out how the defense affects pitchers’ stats, and 34th by a more traditional measure, ERA (3.40)."

The Yankees Snapped Up This Offseason’s Best Pitcher

Red Sox starting rotation for 2019: Chris Sale, Rick Porcello, David Price, Nathan Eovaldi, Eduardo Rodriguez.

And they just re-signed the World Series MVP.

Here's what the 2019 starting rotation looks like with Happ in the picture:

Luis Severino
The righthander was lights-out to start the 2018 season, going 13-2 with a 1.98 ERA through July 1. But he struggled from that point on with a 6-6 record a 5.67 ERA. He also had a difficult time with the Boston Red Sox in Game 3 of the ALDS. Severino will still be counted on as the Yankees' ace in 2019.

James Paxton
Masahiro Tanaka
J.A. Happ
CC Sabathia

Counting on a 36 year old starter, a fat 39 year old starter, and a starter who never topped 160 innings and hasn't gone a full season without either getting hurt or pitching his way to the minor leagues? Wow. That is...desperation.

And Gregorius will miss a big chunk of the 2019 season (or all of it) after Tommy John surgery.

Counting on a 36 year old starter, a fat 39 year old starter, and a starter who never topped 160 innings and hasn't gone a full season without either getting hurt or pitching his way to the minor leagues? Wow. That is...desperation.

And Gregorius will miss a big chunk of the 2019 season (or all of it) after Tommy John surgery.

Well, we did win 100 games before this improvement......

Based on today's developments, I'm having my agent demand a 13-year contract for me, here at USMB...

....and not for a penny under $331 million!!!!

Based on today's developments, I'm having my agent demand a 13-year contract for me, here at USMB...

....and not for a penny under $331 million!!!!

It all makes sense now, you live in Brooklyn. I hope Jeter's house is paid for. :abgg2q.jpg:

Tell them to stay up there and practice. :funnyface:

Forum List

Back