From where do Republicans get all this "confidence" from?

Republicans get all their confidence from Obama's approval ratings, his nine wars, and the unemployment rate, asswipe.

Do you need anything else?

Nine wars?

On the last day of Bush's last budget, the unemployment rate was 10.1%. How does that make Republicans confident?

more Straight up Lies from Rdean. On Bush's last day in office the Rate was 6.1% not 10.1%

Do you ever tell the truth?

The question for this year's election should be..."Are you happy with the direction this leader has brought to this country?" A resounding "No!" would be echoed throughout the country with a great deal of confidence.

Republicans suffer from a collective case of "selective" memory syndrome - shifting the blame onto somebody else and never allowing yourself to be held accountable for your past mistakes.

Kinda reminds me of the man sitting in the white house right now.
Given their level of degree of cooperation that the Obama Administration received from the Republicans, for the past 3 years, what makes the GOP think that the government gridlock that they helped create will suddenly disappear if they were to take office?
No true liberty loving politician is going to go along with leftist policies designed to collapse the economic system that made this country an industrial powerhouse. If Obama and the left cared about liberty and freedom they would work with republicans on deregulating businesses and get the american worker back to work, but they won't because they want to pick and choose winners and losers, and right now the unions are the winners, and the average american worker and business owner is the losers.
Hopefully conservatives can gain a filibuster proof house and senate and take the white house in 2012, then we can actually get some shit done that will get people back to work.

Nine wars?

On the last day of Bush's last budget, the unemployment rate was 10.1%. How does that make Republicans confident?

Wrong again, when bush handed the office over to Obama the unemployment rate was at 6%, not 10.1% like you said. Where do you get your numbers from the huffington post?

Actually, it was at around 7.5 percent and had been steadily rising for months.

I found 6%, but even if it was 7%, that is a huge difference compared to the 10% this guy is lying about.

Republicans suffer from a collective case of "selective" memory syndrome - shifting the blame onto somebody else and never allowing yourself to be held accountable for your past mistakes.

Given their level of degree of cooperation that the Obama Administration received from the Republicans, for the past 3 years, what makes the GOP think that the government gridlock that they helped create will suddenly disappear if they were to take office?

Didn't we just have a thread where the POTUS blamed the internet for job losses ?

But your second paragraph is something I agree with. The GOP at the federal level is just as corrupt as anything else.

I can't stand them.

They are worse than the dems because they pretend to be something else.

While I don't see myself voting for him, Ron Paul seems to have the integrity I wish others would demonstrate. All the while people are calling him crazy, he has stood by what he believes.

Republicans get all their confidence from Obama's approval ratings, his nine wars, and the unemployment rate, asswipe.

Do you need anything else?

Nine wars?

more Straight up Lies from Rdean. On Bush's last day in office the Rate was 6.1% not 10.1%

Do you ever tell the truth?

RDean and truth (except in the monaker of one poster whose name should be itmattersthatIneversayanythingtrue) don't belong in the same sentence.

No true liberty loving politician is going to go along with leftist policies designed to collapse the economic system that made this country an industrial powerhouse. If Obama and the left cared about liberty and freedom they would work with republicans on deregulating businesses and get the american worker back to work, but they won't because they want to pick and choose winners and losers, and right now the unions are the winners, and the average american worker and business owner is the losers.
Hopefully conservatives can gain a filibuster proof house and senate and take the white house in 2012, then we can actually get some shit done that will get people back to work.

Yeah..........sure............deregulation is the answer.

Remember anything about robber barons in the 1800's from you HS history? They thought deregulation was a good thing as well.

But then lots of people died because of inadequate safety regulations.

Ever hear of the Triangle Shirwaist Factory fire?

The Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire in New York City on March 25, 1911, was the deadliest industrial disaster in the history of the city of New York and resulted in the fourth highest loss of life from an industrial accident in U.S. history. It was also the second deadliest disaster in New York City – after the burning of the General Slocum on June 15, 1904 – until the destruction of the World Trade Center 90 years later. The fire caused the deaths of 146 garment workers, who died from the fire, smoke inhalation, or falling to their deaths. Most of the victims were recent Jewish and Italian immigrant women aged sixteen to twenty-three;[1][2][3] the oldest victim was 48, the youngest were two fourteen-year-old girls.[4] Because the managers had locked the doors to the stairwells and exits, many of the workers who could not escape the burning building jumped from the eighth, ninth, and tenth floors to the streets below. The fire led to legislation requiring improved factory safety standards and helped spur the growth of the International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union, which fought for better working conditions for sweatshop workers.

The factory was located in the Asch Building, at 23-29 Washington Place, now known as the Brown Building, which has been designated a National Historic Landmark and a New York City landmark.[5]

Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Didn't we just have a thread where the POTUS blamed the internet for job losses ?

But your second paragraph is something I agree with. The GOP at the federal level is just as corrupt as anything else.

I can't stand them.

While I don't see myself voting for him, Ron Paul seems to have the integrity I wish others would demonstrate. All the while people are calling him crazy, he has stood by what he believes.

Yeah, he also blamed ATM's.

I can't stand them.

I seen on the news today where Paul took the lead in Iowa also. Might be his year this year, never know.

Remember anything about robber barons in the 1800's from you HS history? They thought deregulation was a good thing as well.

The Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire in New York City on March 25, 1911, was the deadliest industrial disaster in the history of the city of New York and resulted in the fourth highest loss of life from an industrial accident in U.S. history. It was also the second deadliest disaster in New York City – after the burning of the General Slocum on June 15, 1904 – until the destruction of the World Trade Center 90 years later. The fire caused the deaths of 146 garment workers, who died from the fire, smoke inhalation, or falling to their deaths. Most of the victims were recent Jewish and Italian immigrant women aged sixteen to twenty-three;[1][2][3] the oldest victim was 48, the youngest were two fourteen-year-old girls.[4] Because the managers had locked the doors to the stairwells and exits, many of the workers who could not escape the burning building jumped from the eighth, ninth, and tenth floors to the streets below. The fire led to legislation requiring improved factory safety standards and helped spur the growth of the International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union, which fought for better working conditions for sweatshop workers.

The factory was located in the Asch Building, at 23-29 Washington Place, now known as the Brown Building, which has been designated a National Historic Landmark and a New York City landmark.[5]

More strawman accusations. I agree that there must be some regulations, but regulations that strangle businesses and shut them down need to go. We are not talking about safety regulations here, I am talking about the endless paperwork and all the crap that someone has to go through just to get a business up and running.

Could anyone point out to a place where conservative policies have been tried in the last 20 years?

I suppose you have selected not to remember the republicans being LOCKED OUT of closed door meetings, huh?!
:eusa_boohoo:

Nine wars?

Wrong again, when bush handed the office over to Obama the unemployment rate was at 6%, not 10.1% like you said. Where do you get your numbers from the huffington post?

Actually, it was at around 7.5 percent and had been steadily rising for months.

And Stimulus I was supposed to keep it from breaking 8%
:lol:

More strawman accusations. I agree that there must be some regulations, but regulations that strangle businesses and shut them down need to go. We are not talking about safety regulations here, I am talking about the endless paperwork and all the crap that someone has to go through just to get a business up and running.

Do you have a link to a credible source for what you've stated about regulations?

prc-logo-50pt.png

The Republican Party is taking more of the blame than the Democrats for a do-nothing Congress. A record-high 50% say that the current Congress has accomplished less than other recent Congresses, and by nearly two-to-one (40% to 23%) more blame Republican leaders than Democratic leaders for this. By wide margins, the GOP is seen as the party that is more extreme in its positions, less willing to work with the other side to get things done, and less honest and ethical in the way it governs. And for the first time in over two years, the Democratic Party has gained the edge as the party better able to manage the federal government.

Many of the themes of the Occupy Wall Street protests resonate with the public. About half (51%) say that Wall Street hurts the American economy more than it helps it; 36% are of the view that Wall Street helps more than it hurts. A 61% majority say the economic system in this country unfairly favors the wealthy, while 36% say it is generally fair to most Americans. And fully 77% say that a few rich people and corporations have too much power in this country.

More

I'm curious how Republicans are so confident.

When challenged, none of the right wingers on the USMB could name a single conservative policy in the last 20 years that has done anything positive for America.

When they point out "Iraq", we only have to show the enslaved women in Burkas and the articles from Iraqi women who said as awful as Saddam was for women, it's way worse now.

They don't believe in building up America's infrastructure, unless it's building a pipeline to help send American money to a foreign country.

They don't believe in education. It's too "liberal" and you could get "over educated".

Their policies caused the financial meltdown.

Thousands of Americans dead, tens of thousands maimed at a cost that will be in the trillions.

Worse, they didn't pay for the Bush tax cuts, the two wars, or the "drugs for votes" bill, all of which created trillions and trillions in deficit. The Bush tax cuts and the "drugs for votes" bill were passed through that dreaded "reconciliation" they claim to hate so much.

And all of their social policies they try to force on the country which would mean a huge expansion of government to enforce all those new policies. Perhaps even turning America into a "police state". Obama has cut government by a half million.

Yet, in spite of all these disasters and terrible policies, they still have confidence they are right. You've got to give them kudos for that. How they look at disaster and see success I'll never know. But they do.
Hey dumas its all about the dollar but the pOtus, barrack huesain obama wanted to push keysian economics, bernucklehead has pretty much push the dollar over a cliff. With the many middle east characters wanting to replace gold with the dollar(global currency) war will start because are dollar would be worthless and you fat, lazy, american pigs who consume more than the entire world well we want that and are willing to challenge you to war eventually but we will settle with NWO crap.

Forum List

Back