From where did the first living things on Earth get their DNA "blueprint"?

really....a blueprint.....insinuates an architect is involved

i gotta make a livin' off of them 'effin cartoons

trust me folks....

there's a REASON Architect is close to Arcangel in the dictonary

~S~

So did DNA come about through evolution of proteins?

No. DNA is the information system for life. It produces and regulates life functions and be able to copy itself for the next generation. Any information is a product of intelligence or creator. No non-intelligent natural process will create it.

DNA was created with the information to produce proteins for cellular reactions. It uses an intermediate, RNA (ribonucleic acid), to transfer this information to the cell machinery to form proteins. Proteins are the building blocks of living organisms. It can only be created within a cell. No amount of amino acid manipulation will be able to form a protein. It takes a living cell to produce it. This is why life only begats life. One of the facts of creation.

Thanks for the information. Do you believe that God used evolution as a tool in his creation?
Of course. If you look at the structure of DNA its quite clear it was engineered. God was the first engineer.
It's not clear to me at all. Did you know that 90% of the material in your genes is just junk? It's never used to replicate any proteins used in your cells.

Thanks in advance.

I probably need a refreshment on the RNA/DNA differences and then amino acids.

What was the earliest form of life and did it have DNA?

DNA could have existed long before life itself

FWIW, I have no problem with the idea of a great creator setting the big bang in motion.
According to our experiments DNA did exist before life did. We have recently created life from primodial ooze. The single cell organisams did all that a naturaly occuring oganism did except produce it's own power. It had to obsorb energy and lacked a mitcondria. We figure out the mitocondria and we are at the ability to create single cell organisms comparable to what is seen in biology today. Recent advances in quantum computing should make the figuring out of the mitocondria much faster.

Forum List

Back