From What You’ve Been Told And Understand About The Trayvon Martin Case, George Zimme

George Zimmerman should be charged with

• second degree murder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • voluntary manslaughter

• involuntary manslaughter

• other offense

• other

• Total voters

bayoubill

aka Sheik Yerbouti...
Dec 30, 2008
Cajun Country
meh... the system chopped off the end of my thread title:

From What You’ve Been Told And Understand About The Trayvon Martin Case, George Zimmerman Should Be Charged With What...?

so... whatchu think...?

Last edited:
just now realized I didn't put up an option to lynch the bastard...

my apologizes to the righteous folks who wanna take justice into their own hands...

We just don't know.

He states that he used the gun in self-defense, and so far I have seen or heard nothing to dispute that claim. In fact the more that comes out, the more I believe that it happened the way he said it did.

In the end though, we don't know the whole story. I want to leave it up to the courts.

Of course I don't know all the facts, but having heard the 911 tape I suspect Mr. Zimmerman's judgment was clouded by his possession of the firearm, and, even when he advised dispatch he was following a 'suspect' and was told "we don't need you to do that" he continued in his quest. Had he not been armed he might have not been so brazen an not have killed an unarmed adolescent. He has to live with what he has done, and it appears he might live out his life in prison too.

We just don't know.

He states that he used the gun in self-defense, and so far I have seen or heard nothing to dispute that claim. In fact the more that comes out, the more I believe that it happened the way he said it did.

In the end though, we don't know the whole story. I want to leave it up to the courts.

I only wish that the local police department had done everything they should have done at the time in terms of crime scene investigation...

woulda saved everyone alotta grief...

Of course I don't know all the facts, but having heard the 911 tape I suspect Mr. Zimmerman's judgment was clouded by his possession of the firearm, and, even when he advised dispatch he was following a 'suspect' and was told "we don't need you to do that" he continued in his quest. Had he not been armed he might have not been so brazen an not have killed an unarmed adolescent. He has to live with what he has done, and it appears he might live out his life in prison too.

Lord, you sound like Obama with the Professor and the Police Officer with his 'I don't know all the facts but the police officer is a racist bastard'. (paraphrased)

We don't know ALL the facts - and without ALL the facts, no smart person is gonna judge it.

The movement is to find Zimmerman guilty and the police culpable whether or not he has an available defense or not.

Anyone who believes that George Zimmerman is going to get a fair trial is dreaming.

I'd say nothing, since the cops let him go.

but there's a lot of info that makes it seem like he may have started something.

So I'll wait for the now Federal investigation to be concluded.

I 'spect you might be right that Zimmerman felt empowered because he had a firearm... but I think the larger issue was that he believed he was protecting his neighborhood, which had been the victim of several burglaries beforehand...

From What You’ve Been Told And Understand About The Trayvon Martin Case, George Zimmerman Should Be Charged With What...?

so... whatchu think...?

He chased an unarmed kid who was running for his life. The books seems closed on this one. Stand your ground allows you to stand your ground, no chase after a fleeing kid!

so... whatchu think...?

He chased an unarmed kid who was running for his life. The books seems closed on this one. Stand your ground allows you to stand your ground, no chase after a fleeing kid!

let's make it racially-based too, while we're at it...

Forum List

Back