From what I have been reading lately, justice system stinks !

RGS ... get the swine out of your head, when wrong fess up, admit it, and move on. You are the perfect example of what is wrong with our country and why nothing ever gets done.

Good advise but since this man obviously comes here to be nothing but a hard-on and since he's just looking for reasons to insult people, you're essantially wasting your ASCII.

RGS ... get the swine out of your head, when wrong fess up, admit it, and move on. You are the perfect example of what is wrong with our country and why nothing ever gets done.

Provide factual evidence of innocent people put to death by the Government through the Court systems. Come on you made the claim, provide some actual facts. I do not care one bit how many people are IN prison since we do not know how many are "innocent". BUT we do know that the system bends over backwards giving them numerous appeals and attempts to overturn convictions and when found to be wrongfully convicted they are released.

Come on NAME us some names of people put to death in Texas that were actually innocent. In order to fit your claim EVERY single person put to death in Texas plus a HELL of a lot more never reported would all have to have been innocent to meet the claim that more innocent people have been put to death then are guilty serving in prison.

In fact Editecs numbers make your claim LUDICRIOUS. Assuming he had it right and 10 percent are innocent that means over 2 million are still GUILTY and you need to provide us over 2 million names of innocent people put to death by our Justice system.

Provide factual evidence of innocent people put to death by the Government through the Court systems. Come on you made the claim, provide some actual facts. I do not care one bit how many people are IN prison since we do not know how many are "innocent". BUT we do know that the system bends over backwards giving them numerous appeals and attempts to overturn convictions and when found to be wrongfully convicted they are released.

Come on NAME us some names of people put to death in Texas that were actually innocent. In order to fit your claim EVERY single person put to death in Texas plus a HELL of a lot more never reported would all have to have been innocent to meet the claim that more innocent people have been put to death then are guilty serving in prison.

In fact Editecs numbers make your claim LUDICRIOUS. Assuming he had it right and 10 percent are innocent that means over 2 million are still GUILTY and you need to provide us over 2 million names of innocent people put to death by our Justice system.

Go back through the thread, one of those stories in one of those many links I posted in the post when I was really bored has at least one, then links to even more, not to mention you could go to the Texas law sites and *gasp* look it up yourself since obviously you will ignore any sources I give anyway.

Oh, and the last part I have been ignoring because I though you had a tiny brain at least, but it seems you don't. I may not have been clear in my original post, but I didn't say that more innocent people than guilty people just that there is a lot. Of course people want to take a book filled with myths by faith alonr and defend it by saying "you can't take it literally" but then when you want to ignore any truth you jump right into taking it literally, make up your damned minds, either that book tells you to torture, rape, and kill innocent children and your religion is evil and should be eradicated, or I am still right and you are just too swine headed to admit it.

Last edited:
you wanna get laid you go to the cathouse...you wanna get fucked you go to the courthouse

Reminds me of the story of Big Mo the MillWright

Big Mo the MillWright strode into a sleazy bar and roared: "I'm Big Mo the MillWright, and I wanna get fucked!"

The bartender motioned for him to go up those stairs, down the corridor and the third door on the right. Knock on the door and tell them what you want, and slip $50 under the door.

Big Mo strode up the stairs, down the corridor, and banged on the door and roared: "I'm Big Mo the MillWright, and I wanna get fucked!" He bent down and slipped $50 under the door. The $50 disappeared into the room. Big Mo then waited... and waited... and waited...

Finally, he banged on the door again and roared: "I'm Big Mo the MillWright, and I wanna get fucked!"

A voice called back: "What, again?"

-

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzGZQWXPdc0]YouTube - Innocent Man Executed in Texas[/ame]

Texas executed its fifth teenage offender at 22 minutes after midnight on Aug. 24, 1993, after his last request for bubble gum had been refused and his final claim of innocence had been forever silenced.

Ruben Cantu, 17 at the time of his crime, had no previous convictions, but a San Antonio prosecutor had branded him a violent thief, gang member and murderer who ruthlessly shot one victim nine times with a rifle before emptying at least nine more rounds into the only eyewitness — a man who barely survived to testify

Did Texas execute an innocent man? | Front page | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

These men, whose lives are united by nothing more than a single act of violence on Nov. 8, 1984, both claim that Texas executed the wrong man. Both believe they could have saved Cantu if they had had the courage to tell the truth before he died at 26.

CORSICANA, Texas - Strapped to a gurney in Texas' death chamber earlier this year, just moments from his execution for setting a fire that killed his three daughters, Cameron Todd Willingham declared his innocence one last time.

"I am an innocent man, convicted of a crime I did not commit," Willingham said angrily. "I have been persecuted for 12 years for something I did not do."

While Texas authorities dismissed his protests, a Tribune investigation of his case shows that Willingham was prosecuted and convicted based primarily on arson theories that have since been repudiated by scientific advances. According to four fire experts consulted by the Tribune, the original investigation was flawed and it is even possible the fire was accidental.

Before Willingham died by lethal injection on Feb. 17, Texas judges and Gov. Rick Perry turned aside a report from a prominent fire scientist questioning the conviction.

Man executed on disproved forensics -- chicagotribune.com

Very moving, but doesn't disprove the misleading comment that more innocent people have been killed than guilty people incarcerated.

In other words. far too many of us are of the opinion that the law is an ass.

Observation by Mr Bumble, the beadle in *Oliver Twist, on hearing that he is even more guilty than Mrs Bumble in the matter of Oliver's mother's missing locket and gold ring because 'the law supposes that your wife acts under your direction'. 'If the law supposes that', rejoins Bumble, 'the law is a ass – a idiot.'

SOURCE

The system is screwed up, more innocent people are put to death than actual criminals serve their time. Most judges use their opinions over the actual law and the cops can't really get the real criminals without getting sued.

You did not say this?

Again you want to take words literally only when they suite you instead of understanding the purpose of the words. Serving their time is meant as serving the entirety of their sentence for one, the "more than" is an exaggeration for effect. Much like "beating a child" for a "sin against the father".

It's not difficult to work out.

The criminal justice system (don't get pouty, I'm referring to any criminal justice system) will convict an innocent person.

Innocent people will go to prison because the criminal justice system is fallible.

So it follows that if a jurisdiction has the death penalty an innocent person will be executed. If you live in such a jurisdiction then it could be you. Think about it.

Sometimes a technically guilty person is convicted and executed according to the law but it's morally wrong. Let me refer you to the English case of Derek Bentley.

Derek William Bentley (30 June 1933 – 28 January 1953) was hanged for a murder which was committed by a friend and accomplice of his (though exact events are not certain) in the course of a robbery attempt, creating a cause célèbre and leading to a 45-year-long successful campaign to win him a posthumous pardon, but then only a partial one.

Derek Bentley case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And by the way I don't have much respect for the British criminal justice system, but that's an unfortunate personal bias and nothing to do with the central topic here.

has nothing to do with moving....simply pointing out to dumbass that there is definate evidence of innocent men being executed in texas

Forum List

Back