From WaPo: Just Who Does Jon Stewart Think He Is?

Frank, it is surely past your bedtime.

I'm working the night shift for tonight.

I'm an air traffic controller at JFK. My supervisors gets pissed when I back up air traffic while using the computer to post at USMB, but I tell them you need priorities in life.

There is nothing satirical about copying an idea. What will be ironic is if after all the paid trips, that's all that shows up. Now that would be amusing.

BTW, if the GOP is somewhat heavy with greedy individuals, then many on the left are trapped in group think.

"Oh! We are so good, kind, generous, it's our duty to give everyone's tax money to the unfortunate, ill-informed, uneducated so that they don't die of neglect. They are just too miserable to make it on their own. We'll take care of them! Yes, we can! We'll give them jobs at the census. We'll tell them what they may buy and what they may eat, what they may feed their children. We'll give them substandard housing and they'll like it, once they know it and live it. All we ask is they remember who fought for them and punish their enemies."

The condescension of so many on the left is really impossible to satirize and is led by the leadership, as so well illuminated this election cycle.

Dumbest post of the day award winner

There is nothing satirical about copying an idea. What will be ironic is if after all the paid trips, that's all that shows up. Now that would be amusing.

BTW, if the GOP is somewhat heavy with greedy individuals, then many on the left are trapped in group think.

"Oh! We are so good, kind, generous, it's our duty to give everyone's tax money to the unfortunate, ill-informed, uneducated so that they don't die of neglect. They are just too miserable to make it on their own. We'll take care of them! Yes, we can! We'll give them jobs at the census. We'll tell them what they may buy and what they may eat, what they may feed their children. We'll give them substandard housing and they'll like it, once they know it and live it. All we ask is they remember who fought for them and punish their enemies."

The condescension of so many on the left is really impossible to satirize and is led by the leadership, as so well illuminated this election cycle.

images

Frank, it is surely past your bedtime.

I'm an air traffic controller at JFK. My supervisors gets pissed when I back up air traffic while using the computer to post at USMB, but I tell them you need priorities in life.

Christ, I hope you're kidding, Frank. I have had nightmares about those guys since the 1984 strike.

The Prodical DIPSHIT returns. And yes Schmuggy...that means *YOU*

The Prodical DIPSHIT returns. And yes Schmuggy...that means *YOU*

Me..??? Moi...??? And to think I was so desperately trying to please YOU!! :lol:
Go fuck yourself "T"... seriously!

That would explain a lot. Burn out much Frankie? :eek: :lol:

You are the largest and most infamous burnout on these boards Schmuggy.

Fail. Huggy has yet to announce he is a write in candidate for the 2012 Presidential race while drunk off his ass. In fact, I dun think he has ever posted whilst drunky.

That would be......who?.......o, ya...YOU.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/130655-yes-i-am-running-for-potus-in-2012-as-a-workingman.html

How right you are Madeline! Alcohol hasn't crossed my lips for over five months. No special reason..I hardly drank before that. President? Are you kidding? The only things a president can do without co-operation, which is just not possible anymore, these days are all bad. Wars..etc..:lol:

The T is a sad, angry person Huggy.

Ya...there are a handfull that cannot stand to let a post of mine go without some stupid retort. I mean common! the post I called out was about as stupid as it gets. Satire/copying??? That would be the funniest post all day but not for the fact she was serious. That's why some of these idjets are on "The List". They need to be reminded EVERY DAY how stupid they are and I don't have the time to single each of them out each and every day. That's where all "The List's" views come from...all the dummies seein if they are still dumb! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ya...there are a handfull that cannot stand to let a post of mine go without some stupid retort. I mean common! the post I called out was about as stupid as it gets. Satire/copying??? That would be the funniest post all day but not for the fact she was serious. That's why some of these idjets are on "The List". They need to be reminded EVERY DAY how stupid they are and I don't have the time to single each of them out each and every day. That's where all "The List's" views come from...all the dummies seein if they are still dumb! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What I dun get is why, when they are poised to retake the House and mebbe the Senate, are they so fucking pissy? I could see it in 2008, but now?

What I dun get is why, when they are poised to retake the House and mebbe the Senate, are they so fucking pissy? I could see it in 2008, but now?

I agree. It is astonishing. Maybe not so when ya think about it though. The people that lead these morons around by the nose have had enough time to hone their craft. They have perfected the art of getting people to vote for and support policy that is clearly against their own best interest. What is funny/tragic is the people that made it possible to provide the barrage of lies they suck down like mothers milk are the ones they rail on the most. Clinton's worst deed for our country was to allow the media to conglomorate so that 90% or more of the information they get is solely desseminated for the pupose of tightening the strangle hold on truth. Reading "The Catcher in the Rye" in school was a waste of time..it is being played out before us now on a grande scale.

Last edited:

I agree. It is astonishing. Maybe not so when ya think about it though. The people that lead these morons around by the nose have had enough time to hone their craft. They have perfected the art of getting people to vote for and support policy that is clearly against their own best interest. What is funny/tragic is the people that made it possible to provide the barrage of lies they suck down like mothers milk are the ones they rail on the most. Clinton's worst deed for our country was to allow the media to conglomorate so that 90% or more of the information they get is solely desseminated for the pupose of tightening the strangle hold on truth. Reading "The Catcher in the Rye" in school was a waste of time..it is being played out before us now on a grande scale.

They are the targets of the finest and biggest propaganda machine ever to exist on Planet Earth. Imagine if Hitler had had Fox News?

They are the targets of the finest and biggest propaganda machine ever to exist on Planet Earth. Imagine if Hitler had had Fox News?
Godwin_WikiWorld.png

Godwin_WikiWorld.png

You never see me reference Hitler but in this case, as a hypothetical, the poster is spot on.

There is nothing satirical about copying an idea.

To repeat: the "Rally to Restore Sanity" is a parody of the "Rally to Restore Honor." And in case anyone is unclear on what a parody is:

A parody (pronounced /ˈpærədiː/; also called send-up, spoof or lampoon), in contemporary usage, is a work created to mock, comment on, or make fun at an original work, its subject, author, style, or some other target, by means of humorous, satiric or ironic imitation. As the literary theorist Linda Hutcheon (2000: 7) puts it, "parody … is imitation, not always at the expense of the parodied text." Another critic, Simon Dentith (2000: 9), defines parody as "any cultural practice which provides a relatively polemical allusive imitation of another cultural production or practice." Often, the most satisfying element of a good parody is seeing others mistake it for the genuine article.​

For some of you, that last line is key.

well hell ya, nothing like mocking the American people when they are at their lowest. This dumb Rally really does show just what the LEFT and the Obama think of the American people.
I hope this kills Stewarts and a few other lefties like Joyless Baher careers.
STOP WATCHING THEIR SHOW FOLKS, HIT THEM WHERE IT HURTS.

Last edited:
Stephanie wrote:

well hell ya, nothing like mocking the American people when they are at their lowest. This dumb Rally really does show just what the LEFT and the Obama think of the American people.
I hope this kills Stewarts and a few other lefties like Joyless Baher careers

How is this "our lowest"? Did you forget the Great Depression? WW I? WW II?

And how, exactly, is the Stewart rally "mocking the American people"? Do you think only Canadians will be going?

Humor is a powerful political weapon.

Ironically the victim is the one who supplies the humorist with his ammunition.

And people like Beck give people like Stewart one hell of a lot of ammo.

New Topics

Forum List

Back