From this former RW'er to current RW'ers: WHY are you still with GOP?

You have to love it. Little more than a month out from the election and the the left is holding a funeral for an entire Party and Ideology because of a fluke of an election...and I don't mean Sandra.

Ebb and flow, my friends...ebb and flow. The GOP will regroup. That you can be sure of.

I've been involved in politics for 30 years. My first vote was for Ronald Reagan.

Nope, this is a lot more serious than you guys think it is.

By all electoral physics, Romney should have won. But the GOP has so alienated minorities, women and working folks that he couldn't win with all these headwinds.

Conversely, the ONLY popular vote the GOP's won in the last 20 years is 2004. By less than 2%. That was with ALL the headwinds in their favor- incumbancy, a ongoing war that wasn't unpopular yet, a decent economy, and a truly awful oppossition candidate. And still the thing was decided by about 80K votes in Ohio because they put homophobia on the ballot in that state.

And I don't see where it gets better for the GOP. They can't win back women without alienating the religious crazies. They can't get back working folks without alienating their rich backers, and they can't make headway with hispanics without alienating the nativists.

The GOP needs a Sister Souljah moment with its base. That's what Clinton did in 1992.

Keep analyzing it for the next 4 years....might as well get a crystal ball.:cool:

Almost 50% of the people voted REPUBLICAN in this election

so you Progressive-Liberal-Democrats who think you are a majority and the best this country has to offer, think again

and you two fake Republicans, no one cares why you supposedly switched parties..

No, about 47% did, and it's a shrinking number.

Romney only got as many votes as McCain did. He only won two states that McCain didn't win. And he did this spending a BILLION dollars.

Frankly, you should be wondering why folks like me and Bucs walked out.. because the GOP USED to get over 50%, not under.

They've only gotten OVER 50% once in the last six presidential elections. That's a number they ought to be worried about.

Keep analyzing it for the next 4 years....might as well get a crystal ball.:cool:

Um, yeah... your best pick right now is warming over yet another member of the Bush clan.

I think that says a lot right there.

Because Jeb Bush may want to throw his hat in means he's the automatic nominee. :confused: You must have a really shiny crystal ball, don't you? Project much?

so you Progressive-Liberal-Democrats who think you are a majority and the best this country has to offer, think again

and you two fake Republicans, no one cares why you supposedly switched parties..

Remain ignorant then.

Um, yeah... your best pick right now is warming over yet another member of the Bush clan.

Because Jeb Bush may want to throw his hat in means he's the automatic nominee. :confused: You must have a really shiny crystal ball, don't you? Project much?

Correctly called every election since 1980, including this one. So yeah, very shiny.

YOu were the one who got on here and said up and down that Romney was going to win.

I predicted months ago that Obama would win every state he did in 2008 except NC and IN.

And that the Dems would hold the Senate.

And your best pick is a Clinton with one failed Presidential run under her belt..but that won't stop you all from voting for her even AFTER you all thew her under the bus to vote for the inexperienced community agitator

you all are such lockstep sheep

No, about 47% did, and it's a shrinking number.

Romney only got as many votes as McCain did. He only won two states that McCain didn't win. And he did this spending a BILLION dollars.

Frankly, you should be wondering why folks like me and Bucs walked out.. because the GOP USED to get over 50%, not under.

They've only gotten OVER 50% once in the last six presidential elections. That's a number they ought to be worried about.
It is most likely that if you hadn't switched parties, the rank and file of Republicans would. You fit much better into a party of whiners, beggars and parasites.

Correctly called every election since 1980, including this one. So yeah, very shiny.

YOu were the one who got on here and said up and down that Romney was going to win.

I predicted months ago that Obama would win every state he did in 2008 except NC and IN.

And that the Dems would hold the Senate.

I did? Show me...in fact show us all, dumbass. While your're looking be sure to repost all those posts where I said that Romney was a piss-poor candidate and not my first choice.

We'll all wait...

Alzheimer's too? :eusa_eh:

I have to agree. Mac is usually more balanced but what a crock. I could rattle off just as many media loons on the left and as many problems with Liberalism but what's the point?

Hell, of course the left has its weaknesses. I pointed out that it's understandable people would not want to turn to liberalism. I pointed out the value of conservatism. I pointed out that the Left can get away with its Robin Hood thing. It's all right there.

Two basic points: First, the party has lost its humility, and it's not difficult to see the influences. Second, the party just lost to an incredibly vulnerable President while unemployment is at 8% and absolutely refuses to look in the mirror. I don't know how a contemporary Republican can criticize Obama or the Democrats after that.

Obama was, is and always will be immune and impervious to even the slightest criticism, because doing so, would immediately label his critics RACIST.

If Obama had been captured on video raping a kid, the Left would still have voted for him.

They would just claim that he was misquoted.

[It is most likely that if you hadn't switched parties, the rank and file of Republicans would. You fit much better into a party of whiners, beggars and parasites.

Not my fault your side got too greedy and stupid...

The rank and file of the GOP are morons who vote against their own economic interests. I was smart enough to see them running off the cliff and got off.

I have to agree. Mac is usually more balanced but what a crock. I could rattle off just as many media loons on the left and as many problems with Liberalism but what's the point?

Hell, of course the left has its weaknesses. I pointed out that it's understandable people would not want to turn to liberalism. I pointed out the value of conservatism. I pointed out that the Left can get away with its Robin Hood thing. It's all right there.

Two basic points: First, the party has lost its humility, and it's not difficult to see the influences. Second, the party just lost to an incredibly vulnerable President while unemployment is at 8% and absolutely refuses to look in the mirror. I don't know how a contemporary Republican can criticize Obama or the Democrats after that.

Obama was, is and always will be immune and impervious to even the slightest criticism, because doing so, would immediately label his critics RACIST.

If Obama had been captured on video raping a kid, the Left would still have voted for him.

They would just claim that he was misquoted.

I've posted similar many times. He's their modern day "god". They actually believe that he cares about them. To put it in terms of what they understand. He cares as much as they say the GOP cares.

Last edited:
This is reaching a point where it will no longer be about politics or Dems vs Repubs. Soon this will be about freedom vs tyranny. Those who have been getting a free ride and become dependent on government will side with tyranny. That's about half of the country. The other half is rapidly becoming fed up and will soon refuse to continue to subsidize the unproductive. There's gonna be a revolution sooner or later. I don't see how politics can repair the damage this administration has done. There'll be one last try in 2014, but after that fails, secession will be the only logical next step. Yeah, the GOP is dead, but tyranny is NOT an alternative and the Democratic Party represents tyranny. Where does that leave us?

It is these type of opinions from vocal part of the Republican Party that ensure it will devolve into a secondary political organization

Wishful thinking. :cool:

The problem for Republicans, as Mitt Romney found out, is that this stuff leaks out. It is fine when the GOP radical fringe spouts this crap and mainstream Republicans just ignore them. But when they pander to the nutcases or ignore their rants at public events they give the Democrats an opportunity to bundle them up with the lunatics

Elections are sound bites now and the Republicans are giving Democrats a lot of sound bites

[It is most likely that if you hadn't switched parties, the rank and file of Republicans would. You fit much better into a party of whiners, beggars and parasites.

The rank and file of the GOP are morons who vote against their own economic interests. I was smart enough to see them running off the cliff and got off.
FFS, once again, Romney was not going to take away your food stamps and welfare checks!

BTW, Obama got 4 million less popular and 33 less electoral votes in 2012. I certainly don't see a trend, especially with an incumbent running.

Because you are too dumb to understand democracy in a country that's only had it for 20 years or so...

Ford, Carter and Bush-41 had better unemployment numbers than Obama did as an incumbant, and they lost pretty decisively. And honestly, that's how a two-party system should work. You don't produce results, you lose.

Unless one party has so ruined it's brand name with the crazy that no one trusts it.

Which is pretty much what the GOP did.

Incidently, Romney only picked up states with 26 EV's. The rest were due to reallotment during the census. The fact that he was able to hold VA, OH and FL shows those states are trending blue.

BUt it gets worse. With hispanics rising, TX and AZ will be blue within a decade.

Then Buh-Bye GOP.

Exactly right.

I realized this: If Red State ideology is so much better for everyone, why is the all-Red South so fucking poor, uneducated, backwards, racist and violent??? The Southern metro areas, like Atlanta, Charlotte, Charleston, Miami, etc, are nice, and far more Democratic............but my God, go outside the cities in the South, and you see Red State policy at work: Poverty, violence, dumbed down people, obesity.

I finally realized that I'll stop listening to what people say, and just look at what the end result of policy is. And its pretty damn clear when you compare the rural areas of the Red State South to places like Connecticut, Massachusetts, Oregon, Washington, etc, etc.

Enough is enough.

It is these type of opinions from vocal part of the Republican Party that ensure it will devolve into a secondary political organization

Wishful thinking. :cool:

The problem for Republicans, as Mitt Romney found out, is that this stuff leaks out. It is fine when the GOP radical fringe spouts this crap and mainstream Republicans just ignore them. But when they pander to the nutcases or ignore their rants at public events they give the Democrats an opportunity to bundle them up with the lunatics

Elections are sound bites now and the Republicans are giving Democrats a lot of sound bites

Here's a few blasts from the past...

Kerry's Top Ten Flip-Flops - CBS News

FFS, once again, Romney was not going to take away your food stamps and welfare checks!

Wouldn't know, I don't get either, thanks.

But that wasn't the point, was it?

Romney condemned half the country as moochers, and wondered why they turned on him.

The MINUTE that 47% video came out, Romney was done.

Forum List

Back