From the "Tell me something I didn't already know" file

sangha

Jun 1, 2010
Foley speaks to Young Republicans in Florida – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Mark Foley may have departed the House of Representatives under a cloud of controversy in 2006, but the former Republican congressman is slowly reentering the political game in Florida.

Foley, who resigned from the House when it was revealed he sent lewd messages to male congressional pages, headlined a meeting of the Palm Beach County Young Republicans last week. According to the group's president, Foley was met with a warm response.

"His speech was wonderful," Young Republicans President Jackie Fay told CNN. "He spoke about the slate of freshman officials in the House and the Senate, how the American public will hold them accountable and not accept things as they were."

The article goes on to note that
Foley also touched...the Young Republicans...

Foley speaks to Young Republicans in Florida – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Mark Foley may have departed the House of Representatives under a cloud of controversy in 2006, but the former Republican congressman is slowly reentering the political game in Florida.

Foley, who resigned from the House when it was revealed he sent lewd messages to male congressional pages, headlined a meeting of the Palm Beach County Young Republicans last week. According to the group's president, Foley was met with a warm response.

"His speech was wonderful," Young Republicans President Jackie Fay told CNN. "He spoke about the slate of freshman officials in the House and the Senate, how the American public will hold them accountable and not accept things as they were."

The article goes on to note that
Foley also touched...the Young Republicans...

Foley also touched on government debt and the importance of the Young Republicans to the national party. Foley speaks to Young Republicans in Florida – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Nice misrepresentation Sangha. That said, it was a poor choice of words used in he Article.

After Foley resigned from the House in 2006, he entered treatment for alcoholism, and all but disappeared from politics. He recently began hosting a radio show in Palm Beach, and according to the Palm Beach Post, recently appeared at an event with newly-elected congressman Allen West (R-FL).

I think He should stay retired from Politics.

Did you figure that out all by yourself?:lol:

Still trying to malign the guy? The fact that he retired from office isn't enough?

Not sure why the YR would want him to talk to them. He's hardly a good example of what should happen in politics.

z-1698.jpg

I've touched your children... and they've touched me.

Still trying to malign the guy? The fact that he retired from office isn't enough?

Not sure why the YR would want him to talk to them. He's hardly a good example of what should happen in politics.

I also continue to malign Pol Pot, Lenin, and Mao. They're also retired. That must really piss you off

Oh wait!! It doesn't. You don't really care that Reagan is "retired". You're just upset that someone is criticizing your idol. You're just not honest enough to admit it, so you try to dress your complaint up as an objection based on propriety, when all you care about is your patron saint of negotiating with and arming terrorists, Ronnie Reagan.

I also continue to malign Pol Pot, Lenin, and Mao. They're also retired. That must really piss you off

Oh wait!! It doesn't. You don't really care that Reagan is "retired". You're just upset that someone is criticizing your idol. You're just not honest enough to admit it, so you try to dress your complaint up as an objection based on propriety, when all you care about is your patron saint of negotiating with and arming terrorists, Ronnie Reagan.

Not really sure what Reagan has to do with anything. However, while I admire the work he did for our country as President, I in no wise idolize the man. The man had as many faults as anyone else. It's the principles that mattered.

Forum List

Back