From the mouth of a 7 year olde

manu1959

Left Coast Isolationist
Oct 28, 2004
california
first a little background....my wife was not raised in the church and was not baptised until she was 30 something....i went to church as a kid and read from the bible now and then.....but for the most part am non-practicing.....
well us heathens get married and decide we need to join a church and give our kids a foundation to make decissions from.....7 years later.....

so today......my son is up at church checking out the construction (he is a typical guy) of a new builiding and they invite him to write a message on one of the walls ..... lots of people have written things .... and my son writes:

"my the light of god touch your heart"

too bad kids are not in charge

manu1959 said:
first a little background....my wife was not raised in the church and was not baptised until she was 30 something....i went to church as a kid and read from the bible now and then.....but for the most part am non-practicing.....
well us heathens get married and decide we need to join a church and give our kids a foundation to make decissions from.....7 years later.....

so today......my son is up at church checking out the construction (he is a typical guy) of a new builiding and they invite him to write a message on one of the walls ..... lots of people have written things .... and my son writes:

"my the light of god touch your heart"

too bad kids are not in charge

Simple and true faith, if we could just keep it.

manu1959 said:
i think that is why children are so important to reminde us of how we should lead our lives

What always amazes me is how we muddle our own minds on the trip between 7 and "here" and lose sight of the simplicity and beauty of all things.

GunnyL said:
What always amazes me is how we muddle our own minds on the trip between 7 and "here" and lose sight of the simplicity and beauty of all things.

too true....i have spent the past year or so trying to return to that simplicity....it un-nerves the people that have know me for quite a while....

manu1959 said:
too true....i have spent the past year or so trying to return to that simplicity....it un-nerves the people that have know me for quite a while....

I must be getting there. Just the other night I wa accused of acting like a twelve years old. :smoke:

GunnyL said:
I must be getting there. Just the other night I wa accused of acting like a twelve years old. :smoke:

Perhaps..

...nah. Nevermind. Too easy.

manu1959 said:
Smart kid you have there, Manu. ;)

Just gotta remember not to cross the line between "child-like" and "chidish".

Kids seem to have a natural understanding of spirituality, until grown-ups start trying to fill their heads with their prejudices.

Bullypulpit said:

Kids seem to have a natural understanding of spirituality, until grown-ups start trying to fill their heads with their prejudices.

You're right. New Age spirituality IS basically a justification of the child like state known as "the terrible twos". It's all about you, and what you want, and screw anyone who tries to put limits on your behavior.

Bullypulpit said:

Is this liberal code for "teaching them Christian tenets and values"?

mom4 said:
That was beautiful, Manu... you guys must be raising them right!

thank you....but at 46 and having coached children in soccer for 30 years.....i think that children are brilliant and adults wreck them so ..... i prefer to think my son is rasing me....

Bullypulpit said:

yes i hate being chided

Forum List

Back