From the Left: With Malice Towards All

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Interesting observation, with many, many links.

http://www.bigpicweblog.com/exp/index.php/weblog/comments/what_does_the_left_care_about_part_two/

What Does the Left Care About? -- Part Two

Earlier today I asked, What Does the Left Care About?

If the question is asked just like this, attached to no other subjects, can the answer really be that the Left cares about nothing?

I’m going to head over to the leading Liberal web site, the Daily Kos, later today, and see if I can find any posts that express a wish for the well-being of any people anywhere. This may be interesting. Stay tuned.

I’ve just had a look at all the posts put up so far today at The Daily Kos. The results are startling. So far today, he shows goodwill toward no one.

Here’s a review of those posts.

The Coming Judicial Nominee Wars.
Opposes Bush’s picks for Federal Appeals Court seats.

Bush stabs ‘faith-based’ gullibles in the back.
States that Bush is not delivering on promises to religous groups. Note that Kos specifically isn’t showing goodwill toward those groups. In fact, he deliberately and rudely insults them, calling them “gullibles.” Note also the vicious imagery in the title.

Iraq’s hollow military.
Argues that Iraqi troops are insufficiently equipped and armed—the point being not that they should be given more arms, but that previous administration statements on the subject were “all lies.”

Plame journalists threatened with jail.
At last—could it be that this post wishes to help the Plame journalists? Unfortunately, no. Per Kos, those journalists are dupes:

Miller and Cooper should just testify, already. They were played by a vindictive, treasonous adminsitration who would rather endanger covert anti-terrorist intelligence operations than brook any dissent. That Miller and Cooper insist on enabling those who lied to them about Plame and Wilson is ridiculous.

They are not protecting a whistleblower, or a broader high-minded appeal to the truth. They are protecting a treasonous liar who used them for political vengance.

This post also contains a specific wish of harm to a person—the very reverse of the goodwill we are looking for:

You know those fantasies we all have of Judith Miller rotting in a jail cell…

I feel sorry for anyone who has fantasies about anyone rotting in a jail cell.

FOIAs chase Guckert.
About the status of a Freedom of Information Act request. This contains another deliberate, rude insult:

Meanwhile, Guckert finally shuts up.

Gallup sucks.
This post slams Gallup for a poll showing that the President’s approval rating is down, after the previous Gallup poll showed the President’s approval rating was up.

Again, Kos makes sure to attack everybody involved. He attacks the President; attacks Gallup for showing the President’s approval rating was up; and again attacks Gallup for later showing the President’s approval rating is down.

And note yet another rude, deliberate insult in the title of the post, to the Gallup organization.

That’s all the posts on Kos so far today. The count:

Deliberate insults: 3.
Actual wish of harm to a person: 1.
Illwill shown to: almost everybody discussed.
Goodwill shown to: no one.
That’s astonishing to me. This is evidence that the Left has goodwill towards few, and illwill toward most.

What is the Left doing to itself?

The harm that the Left is doing to itself by permitting itself to be consumed by illwill can hardly be overstated.

01:50 PM

The utopian pipe dream is dying, and its devotees know it. This, of course, makes them more hateful and dangerous by the minute.

Forum List

Back